Flitter and Cloudchaser Fans 501 members · 264 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
EquusStorm
Group Admin

Since there's not a whole lot going on, I figured I'd pop in and see if anyone would be interested in a small writing event. It's a thinly veiled plot to get second-person Flitter or Cloudchaser romance stories written a random idea I had today and thought I might as well share it.

I'm sure most of us are familiar with the Sensual Fiction General (here at http://www.fimfiction.net/group/68/sensual-fiction-sfg) ; a collection of short mostly soft and fuzzy romance tales, generally in second person, from the perspective of a person or a stallion or whatever. Some of the stories bring the 'dawww', some are hilarious, and some are, well, the kind of story that you won't see unless you turn off the content filter. XD

As far as I know there are no SFG-style stories with Flitter or Cloudchaser as the subject of romantic interest (that said I haven't checked in a while) so I wanted to see who all wanted to change this by writing one of their own. It can be quite short - 1,000 to 1,500 words is typically par for the course though there's no maximum 'limit' - and anywhere on the romance scale from super light and fluffy to more heavy (though I imagine an explicit story won't get as much of an audience, generally speaking, as a whole) These stories are usually in second-person and can be from the perspective of either a human or a pony. Read through some of the genre classics for ideas on style, content, and the like. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QRgXrgWS91VVLHRLzqem-yxfS5CdkV5WUMDREbJ4iQg/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

As I'm overly partial to these kind of stories to begin with and would find it hard to judge, we'd probably have to find someone else, probably multiple others, to do the judging, if we're going to actually do a judged contest as opposed to a casual write-off. If anyone wants to participate, we'll throw ideas back and forth here. :yay:

I personally don't really like stories in the written in the second-person, but I'd be willing to help judge or something. I'm willing to contribute to the group if I can.

If I were to write such a story, I'm the kind of weirdo who'd make "You" an actual character (probably Flitter.)

I think if we're going to hold a contest we should try to keep it from being too limited. We probably shouldn't force anyone to use a specific viewpoint. Maybe limit the rules to just the bare minimum: Flitter and Cloudchaser must be the main characters, no mature, nothing you've already written. And for a prompt we could pick a random line out of The Big Butterfly Brouhaha or something.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3