Cartoon Network Bronies 396 members · 175 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

(the name of the group could give hints as to why the OP placed this here) (Video description is from its uploader, VaultHS)

So much for not having any cable content. Also, no, I have no more CN stuff right now, don't even ask.

This was an incredibly lucky find, actually. This wasn't even a blank tape. I had a good eye for detail that day and ended up spotting a Stuart Little VHS tape...that just so happened to have a piece of electrical tape stuck over the record protection tab. That was a common trick done to record over commercial releases and/or tapes that already had that tab pried off. I popped the tape in, expecting more boring soap operas and trashy reality shows...only to be taken completely by surprise to find THIS on it. You guys seriously have no clue how rare kid content is, and that goes for anything, cable or not. So yeah, once I checked the tape in the store, you better believe the first instinct I had was buying it. I also said absolutely nothing about the recording tab...just in case they'd happen to mess it up again. Hee hee.

This is from 2008. Not the best time period, as CN was just falling into their rut around this time. This was where their focus slowly moved away from cartoons and they went through that awkward era where they wanted desperately to appeal to the older male demographic. That's where we ended up with the mess known as CN Real and getting no new animated shows in 2009. On top of that, the commercials also suffer this year because this was just in the wake of the 2008 economic recession. As such, there's a pretty major increase in informercials (ewww). But still, cartoon anything is rare to run across, so it's honestly nothing short of awesome to find this. And it's pretty lengthy too! This was in the Waco, TX area, with Time Warner Cable as the provider (that affects what the local commercials will be, the reason I bring it up).

[Lengthy advert list was removed from this thread version; to see it, click on this blog post.]

All copyright belongs to their respectful owners. I will take this video down by request of any of the rights holders, no questions asked.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1