Rock Music 231 members · 99 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I have tons of these rock albums on vinyl.

Anypony here have vinyl?

Regidar
Group Contributor

3862801 only hipster trash use vinyls

Then you're hipster trash as well. :rainbowkiss:

Regidar
Group Contributor

3862977 i, sir, use only the lowest quality CD rips
I haven't payed for music in years

Only hipsters still use CDs. Everything is digital.

Regidar
Group Contributor

3862987 a CD rip is a torrent of music
ripped from a CD
aka
I pirate my music
digitally

Regidar
Group Contributor

3863004 no
because the torrent is digital
even if it was ripped from a CD (some are straight from itunes, but it's harder because they have protections on them), it's still digital when I consume it
anyway, cassettes are the master race of listening

anyway, cassettes are the master race of listening

>cassettes
>master race

pffffft. Vinyls, man.

3863017 Tapes kick ass! I stole a couple tapes from my school library last year because no one was using them: got Devo, The Cars, Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, Paul Simon, Travelling Wilburys etc. I also have R.E.M.'s Out of Time album which I've saved for a long time since my mother used to play it on car trips when I was younger.
3863023 CDs are best because not only are they compatible with computers to I can listen to them on my iPod classic but also because I get them used for dirt cheap. I do have some vinyl from my mother and uncle. I have Dark Side of The Moon and Machine Head and Thick as a Brick on Vinyl. And last summer I bought Polyphonic Star Exploration by Man or Astroman (a 5-inch single I thought was a CD and the Deluxe LP for Lazaretto by Jack White which I got signed when I saw him backstage in Istanbul last month. Good times.

3863017 I have to agree with Regidar, cassette's are virtually better than vinyl in almost every way. They're also analogue, they can hold more music than vinyl, they are more portable and can be played on the go and they don't break as easily. The only issue is that they tend to lose magnetism over time and break but that can be avoided by backing them up and recording them to other cassettes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11