The Price of Loyalty 503 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Edit : Some major changes have been made regarding Telekinesis, MP and Magic sections, please take note of the new rules suggestions.

Abbreviations FTW!
I have finally succumbed to my conscience and now I am going to deliver what was promised so long ago. I apologize to those few who have been waiting for this, and want to assure them, that I'm hell bent on finishing this till next weekend, despite my shitty Internet connection ( we are talking dial-up grade shitty here).
I just hope there still are people interested in this. I also hope that LL, 24th and all those wonderful individuals who are or have been involved in world-building of this fanon will help me by checking that I got all the facts straight. Please check those :applejackconfused: for I have used them to mark preceding facts about which I'm not sure, either because their description in the fics was vague or they were mentioned only off-handedly. Заранее спасибо.

Mana Points

10 points is a base value. I have forfeit the idea of inflating characters' MP count after some experimentation, it gave no significant bonus and was a pain in the ass to implement.
±3 character points per ±1MP
As with Fatigue Points and Hit Points, losing MP will at some point
Less than 1/3 of MP left - character is at - 4 penalty to all his Spells and Magical abilities use rolls, at this point any character can opt to fueling his spells and abilities via using FP or HP (at 2-to-1 ratio, unless he has appropriate traits and/or spells), "burning" HP comes with the standard penalty.
0 MP or less - as above plus character must make a Will roll to cast a spell or use any MP consuming ability, any further MP loss will cost a character 1 HP or 1 FP per 1 MP lost (GM's choice).
-1xMP - Can't cast spells, any Mana Sensitive (or Power Source (any kind of magic)) traits stops working, further MP loss comes evenly from HP and FP.

When a character makes an Extra Effort attempt for one of his Mana Sensitive abilities (like Telekinesis) or advantages that have 'Costs Mana' limitation (such as Dragon's breath weapon) he must pay the price listed evenly from his MP and FP, and MP must be used first.

Mana Points normally recover at 1 point per 10 minutes rate. This rate is not correlated to any attribute or seconadry characteristic .Regeneration (Fast or better), with a "MP Only" limitation [-25%] or with "MP also" enhancement +100%] is one of the possible choices to increase that rate. Harsh or just purely sadistic GM may wish to rule out that any drastic (more than 7/10 of maximum MP) and sudden depletion of MP, or prolonged stay with negative amount of it cripples character's "mana network". This may result in a consistent penalty to any use of his mana related abilities, or in depletion of his maximum MP amount. After the cause of said trauma is no longer in effect, player must roll against his HT to determine if the trauma is temporary or lasting. Success means that trauma is temporary, critical success means that it will recover twice as fast. Fail means that it's lasting, while critical failure results in permanent trauma. Temporary trauma last until character's MP is fully recovered, lasting one heals for 1d6 months. Permanent trauma could only be fixed through top-tier magical healing.

Manipulators
All races with No Fine Manipulators must learn any Weapon Skills (and some other skills, at GM's discretion) that utilize their mouth (or something similar) as the single mean to operate as if those were one category harder, plus in some cases GM might wish to be a dick and place some situational negative roll modifiers caused by limitations of the utilized method (e.g. at least -2 to all Parry rolls with mouth-held weapons) .

Pegasi, Gryphons and Alicorns who wish to be able to use their wings as an arm replacement of sorts must buy Extra Arms usually with a Temporary Disadvantage limitation, losing their ability to fly while manipulating something.

Gryphons typically have their wings as a pair Strikers, and they can use them in combat, with usual penalty for extra attacks, plus they can learn a pair of Brawling Hard techniques to off-set that penalty and the one for utilizing extra appendages for parrying. Pegasi can buy a Striker advantage with Weak limitation. Both Pegasi and Gryphons can learn a Wing Blades skill (DX-based; Hard) that will work like Main-Gauche skill for both wings, and Hard technique for that skill to off-set a penalty for extra attacks. I'm not sure how common is for Pegasi or Gryphons to use many attacks/parries simultaneously :applejackconfused:.

TeleKinesis advantage has a Visible limitation (-10%), as well as Power Source (Arcana) limitation (-15%) that also allows it to add levels of Magery(Arcana) to it's ST, but not to related skills. It is trainable.TK of any race with No Fine Manipulators disadvantage uses INT rolls while determining precision and control instead of normal DX-based ones, reason being that they have nothing comparable in their body and thus their physical coordination is irrelevant. They can also learn Telekinesis skill (INT;Easy) for all non-combat purposes (such as utilizing TK to enhance skills as per advantage's description). They can learn special Weapon Skills that utilize TK separately. Those skills are INT-based but they have same difficulty level and prerequisites as their standard non-magical counterparts (that is, those written in the 4E Basic Set books). TK Weapon Skills and normal Weapon skills default to each other at -(2+ IQ - DX) in case of two versions of the same skill (the controlling attribute of the defaulting skill is added, that of the skil it defaults to is subtracted), or at additional -(2+ IQ - DX) compared to their normal defaults, e.g. TK Shortsword to mundane Broadswoard will default at normal -2 and additional -(2+ IQ -DX), and mundane Shortsword defaults to TK Broadsword at -2 -(2+DX-IQ). Simultaneously telekineticaly wielded, two or more weapons subject to normal rules for that kind of situations, but Boars and Elks are exceptions.
I'm not sure if Dragon's can buy TK as an advantage ( representing racial inborn magical ability) or should they opt to using spells.:applejackconfused:

Magic
Magery (Arcana) and Magery (Empatha) both have One College limitation, Silent Ritual and Still Ritual enhancements for the net value of +10% change in their point cost. Magery (Arcana) has a further Channeling(horn;tusks;etc.) limitation for -20%, because it gives an additional chance to cripple it and because by default every level of spell's power requires additional channeling time, e.g. an average unicorn battle mage with Magery 3 can spent up to 3 seconds charging up a standard missile spell, each second gives him additional level of effect.

Arcana users are free to take any traits (both positive and negative) to modify their chanelling time and both Arcana and Empatha users can buy traits to represent a significant change of MP-to-effect ratio (though this must be a very costly advantage/disadvantage and GM might want to prohibit them alltogether). High skill level effects both types of active magic as usual. Exceptionally high or low HT values may effect casting, although I'm not sure how canon is this.:applejackconfused:
Arcane Focus is an optional rule that can be used for Arcana. Each level of the similary named adantage [3/level] will give one Focus point to a caster, which he can spend while casting a spell to get bonus to his success roll and Will rolls to ressist distractions while gaining penalty to his rolls to notice interruptions, as per Single-Minded advantage. Some spells may require spending one or several Focus points to cast or even to maintain them. Races with Arcane Multitaskng can utilze both advantages, and use full attention of one of their magcal 'limbs' to support spells intead of Focus.
Empatha mage must learn each of the Elements as a Very Hard skill (unlike Arcana, Empatha is Will based) and separate spells as Hard techniques that default to Elemental skills at a penalty that is determined by the GM. Usually it equals spell's normal prerequisite count, but it can and in some cases must be modified by the GM. Some characters who are especially well attuned to one of the Elements and have advantages or disadvantages to prove it (or simply can persuade their GM) can buy an appropriate Elemental Talent advantage for 10 points/level. Different Elements default to one another at -6 penalty.
Skysteel weapon enhancements was a tricky one, but I think I have a solution. Character can learn (or use by default) an appropriate (to material at hoof) variety of imbuement skills, all of them are Will-based;Hard. Those skills don't need the Imbue advantage, but must be specialized by weapon type. They are essentially very specialized and relatively easy to learn spells that can be used even by a laypony who doesn't know enough about Empatha to cast anything else. Those rolls are modified by Magery (Empatha), Elemental Talent, and weapon quality, and GM is free to interpret high and low results. If a character uses one of his Empatha spells (e.g. to ignite his wings), he may choose to let some of this spell's energy to go into his weapon, dividing the effect between the weapon and the target of that spell, or to spend extra energy, using only his spell skill roll in both cases.
Power Source: Empatha and Power Source: Endura are -10% worth limitations while Power Source: Arcana worth -15% if Void Crystals do effect it exclusively.

Endura is represented with six disciplines

• Danger Sense

• Farming/Crop Cultivation

• Endurance

• Agility

• Strength

• Regeneration/Healing

Each of those has five levels. For every level of said discipline, character may pick from 20 to 25 points worth of traits related to it. Those traits must follow one another in terms of their "chains", e.g. Danger Sense advantage must be bought before Precognition, Fit before Very Fit and so on. Solely for the purpose of the game balance, Magery 0 (Endura) must be present on the character sheet of any character that have or will be able to have at some point any levels of Endura disciplines. This advantage can't be upgraded and has a standard 5 points cost.

Well, let's talk races.:rainbowdetermined2:
This time it's the setting's underdogs :moustache:

Diamond Dogs
Here are traits that all Diamond Dogs share regardless of their breed, caste or tribe.
Discriminatory Smell [15]
Acute Hearing 3 [6]
Temperature Tolerance 1
Ultra-hearing [5]
Night Vision 5 [5]
DR 1 [5]
Arm ST 3 [15]
Sharp Teeth [1]
Strong Jaws [3] give +1 Damage per die to biting damage and strengthen the hold with jaw.
Blunt Claws [3]
Fur [1]
SM+1
Pack Mentality (works as Gregarious, except reaction bonus is restricted to pack members +2 morale bonus to all IQ and Will based rolls when in group of 5 or more, only pack members count)0 point feature
Diamond Dog Language: Spoken(Native)/ Written(None)[-3]
Bestial(Mild;Canine) SCR 12 [-5]
=51 points

Now for their Castes
Gem Caste[142]
Diamond Dog traits +
ST 14 [36] IQ 10 DX 10 HT 11[10]
Will 11[5] Per 12 [10] BS 5.5 BM 6 [5] SM +1
Status 1[5],worth noting that this is a bare minimum.
Draconic Language: Spoken (Accented)/Written Native[5]
Gem-crafting skill IQ/Hard(TL) at IQ level[4], practical application uses DX
Symbol Drawing(Draconic Runes) IQ/Hard at IQ level [4]
Wealth (Comfortale)[10]
Bestial (Dominant) in addition to the initial Bestial trait as a feature [1]

Stone Caste [107]
Diamong Dog traits +
ST 16 [54] IQ 8 [-40] DX 10 HT 12 [20]
Will 9 [5] Per 12 [10] BS 6 [5] BM 8 [10] SM +1
Digging (HT/Easy) at HT+2 level [4], this is a skill that utilizes natural Diamond Dogs' tools as oppose to Mining or Prospecting.
Brawling (DX/Easy) at DX+2 level [4]
Status -1 [-5]
Wealth (Struggling) [-10]
Social Stigma (Second-Class Citizen) [-5]
Bestial (Submissive ) in addition to the initial Bestial as a quirk [-1]

There are many variations by breed (just like there are many breeds of dogs IRL, and for the same reason), even half-breeding across Castes is quite common. Those characters have stats that fall somewhere in between two castes' templates, plus any skills that may fit that character's exact background and more often than not Social Stigma (Minority Group)[-10]. TL varies from tribe to tribe, as well as possible Runic Spells lists.
Stone Caste dogs can be former or present slaves captured by the rival tribe, having Social Stigma (Subjugated).

Diamond Dogs runic magic works as follows
There are two ways to create a Runic Gem
1)Character must roll against his Symbol Drawing (Draconic Runes) to represent planning the spell, which includes runic configuration, choosing the best gemstone type etc. (this roll is at -1 per every Symbol after initial two), then against each of the Symbol's Technique (Each Symbol is a separate Hard technique that Defaults to Symbol Drawing(Draconic Runes) at -4, -6; or -8 depending on Symbol's difficulty ) he uses, then against his Gem-crafting to represent selecting and grinding the gemstone and carving Runes precisely onto it.
2)He can learn spells (representing known stable combinations of Runes, configuration, shape and type of the stone needed etc.) Then he Rolls against his spell skill and Gem-crafting, last roll is at a bonus that's up to GM's discretion (but it usually is substantial).
Critical failure (17 or 18, regardless of effective skill) on Symbol Drawing (Draconic Runes) rolls above means that spell will have a disastrous effect when casted, critical failure on Gem-crafting roll means that Gem is irreversibly damaged. Normal failures (16 always is a failure, again, regardless of the effective skill) may result in some minor damage to the stone (which may be cut off leaving enough to work with, even if it will result in penalty), wrong Runes that won't work (can be cured by grinding) or altered spell's effect (anything from minor quirks to reversing intended effect), GM's choice. Critical success may result in the decreasing of the time spent on the creation process, rising of resulting spell's Power, or in addition of some minor beneficial side effect to it, without rising the cost. Character may roll against Symbol Drawing (Draconic Runes) to analyze a Runic Gem made by him to find out what effects it's got. This roll is at -5 for immediate attempt, penalty deteriorates at the rate of -1 per day; additional -2 for any unfamiliar Rune (one he has no point spent in); additional -1 for any number of Runes above two. Character who is trying to analyze a Runic Gem made by someone else must roll against his Symbol Drawing at -3 any additional runes above two, and at -2 for each unfamiliar one.
At any given point character could delegate grinding and carving to others, or use previously shaped gems, skipping respective phase entirely. Quality of gems that are used may cause a penalty or a bonus to any rolls during the creation process.
In both cases lowest of those rolls plus simple average of margins of success is Runes' Power.
When using it, characters rolls using item's Power or simple average of Power and his Runic Channeling skill (IQ/ Very Hard). High level of this skill reduce energy cost and channeling time as per standard spellcasting rules. Regardless of what roll he uses, critical failure result in 5d6 damage to the Runic Gem he used.

Players and GM who have enough free time and/or even a slightest bit of interest in Slavic related stuff could try to use
this to correlate every symbol with the exact meaning (magical Verb or Noun in Syntactic Magic) like in the Futhark Runes example in GURPS Magic.

Diamond Dogs can have Discriminatory Hearing, up to 4 levels of additional Acute Smell and Taste.
They often have Chummy or Gregarious; Greed; Cowardice (last two are more fitting to members of the Gem Caste) and Slave Mentality (for the Stone Caste). IQ above 10 in any member of a Stone Caste, if it becomes apparent, may result in a severe reaction penalty. GM and player may choose how to handle this.

I still don't have enough information about Vargrs to make their template, so I'm counting on you guys.

Comment posted by Fillosof deleted Oct 6th, 2013

It's nice to have you back, I'm excited to start asking questions again attempting to help again!

With Empatha, would it make sense to have rule that goes something like this:
At the GM's digression, a player may start their character, who knows nothing about Empatha, out knowing a set of Empatha skills at levels no greater than the base stat. The player may not learn any new Empatha skills through play, or improve the preexisting ones until the character has spent at least ten hours in training with a teacher or exceptionally detailed book. After this, they can study and train like normal.

As for mana, how fast is the regeneration rate? Is it based on a specific stat, or increased through advantages and disadvantages? Is there a reduced rate of regeneration if the caster burns through all their mana? What are some decent costs for weak, average, and strong spells?

Once again, it's nice to see (read?) you again!

Well, I'm glad that at the very least I have your interest in this. Thank you for your support.
Your suggestion is interesting, but IMHO if a character knows nothing of Empatha, he can't have any points spent on the spells, and in result can't have skill levels aside from defaults. Plus from what I have read, there aren't any detailed books regarding Empatha, and further more, there never were any. Pegasi just do not study their magic the same way the Unicorns do. This leaves only self-study or passing knowledge personally.

You can do something similar using one of those two ways:

1)In case of a very generous GM, he can just allow any character with Empatha or any character with high enough level of Magery (Empatha) to use basic spells via defaults in emergencies. This is, if I recall correctly, the way that Dash used when she manifested her Empatha for the first time. After that character may spent any free points to buy his skills up, normally if he will be able to find someone to teach him, with a harsh cap and time requirements in case of self-study.

2)GM, who cares more about harsh realism and balance, and less about dramatic moments or pleasing his players, may choose to force any character who want to use Empatha, but doesn't have a proper Unusual Background that justifies knowing it, to buy Wild Talent with Only Empatha [-20%] or Only Fire (Water, etc.)[-40%] possibly with Emergencies Only [-30%] limitation and with Retention [+25%] enhancement.

Thank you for pointing out this aspect of the game. I wasn't initially thinking such situation, which is strange, given that absolute majority of modern Pegasi will be in it.

I wrote down everything regarding mana in the edition of my previous two posts. As for the spell cost, I generally use either the listed one for any existing spells ( 4th edition GURPS Magic is full of them) or use rules listed in the books to calculate it.
That reminds me, I wanted to ask you this for a long time: How many source material books do you have at your disposal? Which are they? I wish to know when I could just point you in the direction of the right book, and when I need to wright down everything in detail.

P.S.
I will probably deliver the next portion of the templates later today.

Well, let's put it this way. Lacking sufficient funds, I have all of them.

With Empatha books I was more delving into the situation of an ancient scroll from a bygone era where such knowledge was more common, of course this sort of thing is more than likely the realm of Loyal Liar, or at the very least campaign specific.

Mana Points normally recover at 1 point per 10 minutes rate.

I can't believe I missed something that important again. I think your implementation of mana is rather interesting as it doesn't enable spell spamming wizards and mages, but it does make it so they don't feel guilty burning through all their FP (in the case of normal GURPS) over the course of one combat. This sort of thing is one of the reasons I like playing DnD 4E over 3.5 as a Wizard. (Although I guess in DnD's situation Wizards end up spell spamming with the exception of Daily and Encounter spells.)

Here's my speculation on Vargrs: They seem to be a species of Diamond Dog with souped up size, most likely strength, and a more prominent gem cast. It seemed, whenever Diamond Dogs were mentioned throughout Act I and II (Feel free to correct me on this) that the intricacies in their society were left untouched, with the exception of Twilight. If it is common knowledge that these Diamond Dogs use gems to cast magic, than it is more than likely that either the tribe as a whole is more prominent, and/or, the gem cast itself is more prominent.

Also, with the exception of critical failures damaging the gem, how many times could the same gem be used before it's been damaged enough to stop working simply through the wear and tear of standard magic?

With Donkeys, you remarked in the last thread that you were having trouble thinking of an interesting way to build them so that they would still be interesting to play. You could give them both Magic Resistance, and half defaults for the purpose of making a skill roll only.

At some point on the last thread as well, Loyal Liar mentioned that mana was produced from food by the body. How long would a character have to starve before they would suffer reduced mana regeneration, and I guess eventually mana draining depending on how "water tight" a creatures mana reservwares are. (I can't remember how to spell that and spell check isn't coming up with anything. Don't judge me.)

Wow, you are very quick with your replies, aren't you? I will try to keep up, but I can't grantee it.

Detailed Empatha related documents and research papers (in any form), as I see it, didn't exist even during it's golden age in Tri-Pony Compact Era ( second 24th work). There just weren't any ponies interested in it who were at the same time capable enough to research it. Furthermore, at some point between then and the present day all information regarding Empatha became classified in Equestria. I think Celestia and her servants were pretty thorough in doing so. Even experienced modern day Empatha users who know about it, don't really *know* it, if you catch my drift. :trixieshiftleft:
That doesn't mean that if you really want to use a written source of knowledge about Empatha as a metaphorical "carrot" or as a plot hook you can't do so, just that I personally see it as something not very plausible.

You did miss something important, but it was that part of my last post:

I wrote down everything regarding mana in the edition of my previous two posts

So you really only missed the reason why you didn't miss anything. :rainbowderp:

I think your implementation of mana is rather interesting as it doesn't enable spell spamming wizards and mages, but it does make it so they don't feel guilty burning through all their FP (in the case of normal GURPS) over the course of one combat. This sort of thing is one of the reasons I like playing DnD 4E over 3.5 as a Wizard. (Although I guess in DnD's situation Wizards end up spell spamming with the exception of Daily and Encounter spells.)

It's funny that you mentioned it, because the speed of character's MP regeneration is exactly the same as normal FP regeneration rate. So I did increase the overall casting potential, but only ever so slightly ( 10 MP average + 1/2 of FP + 1/2 of HP that can become 10+ full FP + full HP with some nifty advantages).
When it comes to D&D, I never really was able to adjust to the 4th edition, it just alienated me and it's new casting system was one of the main reasons for that. I loved the way in which Wizards progressed, from the weakest and most useless in direct combat class to slightly OPed and then, when played properly right into game breaking territory. Playing as a low level Wizard was one of my favorite things, they were really pressed to be creative and non-violent (as far as non-violence can go in D&D at least).
Mages in GURPS have more degrees of freedom, but they still have to be creative and need to find in-game ways of overcoming their FP problems (like Powerstones). That way, they don't have an edge over the technocrats and they still need material wealth.

Your thoughts on Vargrs are strangely almost the exact opposite of what I have in mind. They are bigger and stronger, that much is a given, possibly faster, but all the times they were mentioned or depicted in the fics, they behaved even less civilized than normal Diamond Dogs. They have never used any tools or weapons, and their only goal was to kill and eat. They have never used Runic Gems either.
I can't tell if they have caste-based system or not, but even if they do, their warriors must have greater political weight.

Runic Gems can be used pretty much indefinitely, as long as they and the runes on them are intact. Theiy are just magical conductors after all.
High-quality gems aren't damaged by normal use at all, low-quality ones may need to make Malfunction rolls. They can be scratched and even destroyed normally by mundane things, and scratched gemstone may need to make rolls like low-quality one.
II don't have enough time and/or desire to work on Donkeys right now, but I will return to them when I have finished other, more crucial templates.

At some point on the last thread as well, Loyal Liar mentioned that mana was produced from food by the body. How long would a character have to starve before they would suffer reduced mana regeneration, and I guess eventually mana draining depending on how "water tight" a creatures mana reservwares are

IMO GM may wish to stop MP regeneration of a character who missed two or more meals, but I don't think that if that character doesn't do anything magically straining he should suffer any MP loss.

I usually post a reply immediately after seeing yours in the morning. That's probably why I miss bits of the posts.

MP regeneration is exactly the same as normal FP regeneration rate.

Well now I need to go re-read parts of the players handbook, and probably the GM's guide. I was under the impression that FP only regenerated when you slept. One of my pyrokinetic players kept knocking himself out by burning through his FP because he was also a pyromaniac.

I don't think ever got past level for in DnD 3.5, which is probably why I never encountered the part where Wizards could start doing really cool things. Most of the time I took utility spells anyways, so I spent most combats standing back and watching anyways.

So, I'm assuming with the game play side of runic gems you inscribe them with a spell and then can anything with mana (and the skill) channel with the gem? If that's true it'd be an interesting item to drop on a party either without Diamond Dogs, or without a caster.

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Sleep is for the weak, I guess.
For the information on Fatigue and FP you will need to look at pages from 425 to 427 in 4th edition GURPS Campaigns.

You can recover “ordinary” lost FP by resting quietly. Reading, talking, and thinking are all right; walking around, or anything more strenuous, is not. Lost FP return at the rate of 1 FP per 10 minutes of rest. The GM may allow you to regain one extra FP if you eat a decent meal while resting.
Certain drugs, magic potions, etc. can restore missing FP, as can spells such as Lend Energy and Recover Energy.

Your players still won't be able to burn down everything they encounter, but they will still be badass enough. Plus they can pile up self-charging magical items (those with Power enchantment ) and on Powerstones. Just make sure that there are enough ways to counter it up your sleeve.

Utility mages are the way to go in 3.5 IMHO, at lest up to 3d or 4th magic circle. 1-st level Wizard with a Sleep beats one with a Magic Missile 8 times out of ten. It's a pity that you didn't experience the felling of looking at your spell list and deciding if you want to load Prismatic Wall or Power Word Stun before your next encounter.

Anyone can use a Runic Gemstone. There is no skill requirements, at all. The Stone has only one spell and its effect is fixed. That being said, this effect usually has some options (like various levels of effect or number of targets, or radius of the area of effect, etc.) and varied mana cost because of this. If a laypony(or whoever) tries to cast with it, he uses Rune's Power for all purposes, and he doesn't get any bonuses from the high level of it (decreased. cost or casting time and so on).
There is a special skill, Runic Channeling (IQ; Very Hard), and possessing high level of that skill helps the caster.

I agree, giving a Runic Gemstone or even several to your party can be quite amusing, even more so if no one will have any idea about Draconic Runes( both as a magic practica and as a language). They will be quite tempted to use them, but they will have no clue about what the effect would be.

I'm defiantly getting some nice ideas for a campaign now.

On a similar note, are they any programs you recommend for aiding a game played through Skype or another VoiP program? I'm thinking of getting some friends together and either picking DnD 3.5 back up, or making use of your rule set.

Finally an update. This time, it's the middle (human) tier races, all of which happens to be hoofed.ones.
Pegasi (flying (feathered) fucks) [104 + cutie mark]
ST 12 [12] IQ 10 DX 12[24] HT 11[10]
Per 11 [5] Will 10 BS 6 [5] BM 7 [5] SM 0
Peripheral Vision [15]
Acute Vision 1 [2]
Acute Hearing 1 [2]
Acute Taste and Smell 1 [2]
Enhanced Move 1 (Air; Top Speed 28) [20]
Enhanced Move 1 (Ground; Top Speed 14) [20]
Flight (Small wings; Power Source: Empatha; Air Move 14 +[4]) [34]
Absolute Direction [5]
Hooves [3]
Extra Legs (four legs) [5]
Magery 0 (Empatha) [5]
Cutie Mark [variable]
Horizontal [-10]
No Fine Manipulators [-30]
Weak Bite [-2]
Temperature Tolerance 3 [2]
Hollow Bones [-15] Halves the amount of crushing or cutting (without the wound multiplier) damage needed to cripple the hit location if this location contains bones. HT roll for determinening if the injury is lasting is at -4 penalty if the injury may be a broken bone.
Hypersensetivity 2 (Wings) [-20] Any injury to the wing paralyzes character for 1d6 X (20-HT) seconds than he is stunned and must make HT rolls to recover. Character is at - 6 to resist torture that is iflicted to his wings. Those with overall High Pain Threshold advantage have a HT-4 roll to resist the paralyzation (some GMs may prefer to use Will-4 instead, for dramatic purposes) and must roll for knockdown, stunning and torture as if they had a Low Pain Threshold.
Features [3]: ability to precisely sense ambient temperature and any changes of it (with a Per roll); Manipulate Clouds; Fur

Unicorns (hornies, unichs) [74+ cutie mark]
ST 14 [24] IQ 10 DX 10 HT 10
BS 5 BM 7 [10] Per 11 [5] Will 10 SM 0
Peripheral Vision [15]
Acute Hearing 2 [4]
Acute Taste and Smell 2 [4]
Telekinesis 7 [28]
Hooves [3]
Magery 0 (Arcana) [5]
Cutie Mark [variable]
Fur [1]
Horizontal [-10]
Striker (crushing; horn; Semi-Limited Arc-20%;) [3]
Weak Bite [-2]
Hypersensetivity 1 (Horn) [-10] works as Low Pain Threshold disadvantage, but all negative modifiers are -6 instead. If the character has an overall High Pain Threshold advantage, treat as per normal Low Pain Threshold rules

Earth Ponies (быдло, mud-munchers) [92 + Endura disciplines + cutie mark ]
ST 16 [36] IQ 10 DX 10 HT 12 [20]
BS 5.5 BM 7[10] Per 11[5] Will 11[5] SM 0
Peripheral Vision [15]
Acute Hearing 2 [4]
Magery 0 (Endura) [5]
Endura Disciplines [variable]
Hooves [3]
Cutie Mark [variable]
Fur [1]
Horizontal [-10]
Weak Bite [-2]

Crystal Ponies[96 +cutie mark + Enduradisciplines]
ST 16 [36] IQ 10 DX 10 HT 12 [20]
Per 11 [5] Will 10 BS 5.5 BM 7 [10] SM 0
Peripheral Vision [15]
Acute Hearing 2 [4]
Magery 0 (Endura) [5]
DR 2 [10]
Hooves [3]
Cutie Mark [variable]
Fur []
Horizontal [-10]
Weak Bite [-2]

Zebras (stripers, полосатожопые) [97 + Endura disciplies]
ST 15 [30] IQ 10 DX 11[12] HT 12 [20]
Per 11 [5] Will 10 BS 5.75 BM 7 [10] SM 0
Peripheral Vision [15]
Acute Hearing 2 [4]
Taste and Smell 2 [4]
Hooves [3]
Magery 0 (Endura) [5]
Terrain Adaptation (jungle) [5]
Fur [1]
Horizontal [-10]
Weak Bite [-2]

Suggested traits:
Anti-magic 0 [5] - Separate Magery(must think out the name) plus spells and Vodoun (non-canon as of yet) for shamans,
Linguistical oddity [-1 to -5] quirk for everyone

Horses [87+Endura Disciplines + Cutie Mark]
ST 17 [35] IQ 10 DX 11[12] HT 11[10]
BS 5.5 BM 7 [10] Per 11 [5] Will 10 SM +1
Peripheral Vision [15]
Acute Hearing 2 [4]
Magery 0 (Endura) [5]
Hooves [3]
Cutie Mark [variable]
Fur [1]
Horizontal [-10]
Weak Bite [-2]

Alas, I have zero personal experience with TTRPGs played via VoIP programs, so I can't come up with any good advice to you from my personal experience. My quick run through some of the themed forums gave me this two names: RPTools and Gametable. Hope that you will be able to figure out those for yourself and overcome all possible technical difficulties.
Personally, I would suggest to at least try playing using GURPS and (if your players are adventurous and tolerant enough) POL universe along with those rules we are trying to create. That will provide a much needed feed back, plus I won't be the only GM around with a bunch of stories about stubborn overly-manly players' shenanigans and their struggling with MLP universe. I mean damn, those bastards have been wiped (funny story that was, I should share it someday, if anyone cares to listen) and they deliberately came back for more, but they just have to complain about the universe and be salty whenever any MLP-related names are mentioned.

Anyway, good luck to you, friend, and have fun with that game of yours.

I've messed around with RPTools in the past, and it was pretty neat, but Gametable looks fantastic. I'm trying it out now and trying to get the hang of the controls.

I'll deffinitly give you feedback if I can convince my players to play POL (In my head I've been calling it Price of Gurps as a joke.)

The latest batch of racial templates look great. How much of this work are you doing just now, and how much of it was during the meantime between this thread and the last one?

Now, for the most refine and for one of the most brutish races :

Buffalos [110+ Endura Disciplines]
ST 26 [64] IQ 10 DX 10 HT 12[20]
Will 11 [5] Per 10 BS 5.5 BM 7 [10] SM + 2
Acute Hearing 2 [4]
DR 3 (Skull only) [5] effectively DR 5 for the skull
DR 1 (Other parts, flexible) [4]
Magery 0 (Endura) [5]
Striker (impaling; horns; Semi-Limited Arc-20%) [7]
Hooves [3]
Fur [1]
Horizontal [-10]
Weak Bite [-2]
Bad Temper (scr 15) [-5]
Shamanism of some sort

Elk [138]
ST 16 [30] IQ 10 DX 12 [24] HT 11 [10]
BS 5.75 BM 7 [10] Per 11 [5] Will 10 SM +1
Acute Hearing 3 [6]
Fur [1]
Magery 0 (Arcana) [5]
Telekinesis 5 [20]
Arcane Finesse [0] - halves the maximum amout of mana a character can put into his spells but gives a bonus to any 'delicate' spellcraft and Telekinesis use according to High Manual Dexterity rules
Arcane Multitasking 1* [20/level] Character with this advantage may cast simulteniously the number of spells up to 1+ lvl of advantage, with a penalty of -3 per spell. Character is at -1 (instead of usual -3) for any spells he is maintaining with active concentation and doesn't suffer any penalty for passiely maintained spells.
Telepathic Communication (Power Source: Arcana -15%; Limited Range -40%) [14]
Hooves [3]
Terrain Adaptation (forest) [5]
Striker (impaling; antlers; Semi-Limited Arc -20%) [7]
Horizontal [-10]
Weak Bite [-2]
Odious Cultural Behaviour [-10] This is a composite trait that includes Elks' strange (a)moral code, their deliberate lack of interest towards technology, and much more. They are, after all, Forest Elves of this setting and they are quite alien.

* The number of antlers' ends provides a natural limitation for the maximum level of that advantage availiable to the Elk in question

So, how is the process of mastering digitalized GMing magicks going? Are there any news about your gaming group?

To answer your question, I must say that almost everything that I've got here now were ready as a concept by the time I posted my first batch of templates way back then. Due to several system failures, shitty Internet connection and my own laziness, I'm still working on the exact versions of last 3 templates I have in mind, the OPed Trinity: Gryphons, Dragons and Boars. By tomorrow's evening (GMT+4 one that is) I will have them ready, then I will try to either make a concept for Vargrs, Changellings, Alicorns, all kinds of cattle and last but not least our resident vampires, or I will focus on other things about the setting, like your ideas for spell descriptions.

Thanks again for sticking up with that idea, I would have half-assed much more if it wasn't for the fact that there are people other than me and maybe my pals who care about all of this. Plus it's also good to be able to bounce ideas around and have at least two people solving the problem.

Still working on actually figuring out which of my friends are interested in playing. I was going to see most of them this weekend, but plans fell through so I'm going to have to be more proactive with the e-mails. I'll keep you up to date through PM's or something if you're interested.

It's been fun helping out in the meager ways I've been able throughout this. I've learned a lot about GURPS that I would have otherwise missed just scanning over the books. In fact, without this, I still wouldn't know what GURPS is. This has been, and still is fun.

That last line makes me feel like I need to sign this with my username, it just feels a lot like the closing sentence of a letter.

As I promised, here are three racial templates for the most OPed races in the setting:
Boars [125+Endura Disciplines]
ST 20 [50] IQ 10 DX 10 HT 12 [20]
Per 10 Will 11 [5] BM 6 [5] BS 5.5 SM+1
Acute Taste and Smell 3 [6]
Acute Hearing 3 [6]
DR 2 (flexible -20%) [8] can be raised further in case of really old and tough boars
Telekinesis 10 [40]
Striker (cutting; tuks; Semi-Limited Arc -20%)[6]
Magery 0 (Arcana) [5]
Magery 0 (Endura ) [5]
Arcane Powerhouse [0] Doubles the amount of mana character can put into his spells (but not the effectiveness of that process) and give a penalty for any 'delicate' spellcraft and Telekinesis use according to Ham-Fisted disadvantage rules.
Hooves [3]
Fur[1]
Enhanced Move 0.5 (Ground; Top Speed 9) [10]
Horizontal [-10]
Bad Temper (scr 12) [-10]

I suggest :
Bad Sight (with or without Mitigator); Code of Honor (racial; see discussion in TTRPG thread); Bloodlust; Berserk; High Pain Threshold with the Arcane enhancement (+100%) available for allowing characters to negate up to -4 of the penalty for using HP for powering up their spells.

Dragons [175] (IMO it's worth noting that this amount of points is minimum minimorum and that almost every trait in the following list is upgradeable.
ST 19 [72] IQ 10 DX 10 HT 10
Will 11 [5] Per 10 BM 5 BS 5 SM+2 (for average adult Dragons without a hoard)
Night Vision 6 [6]
DR 4 (flexible -20%) [16]
DR 10 (limited: Heat/Fire -40%) [30]
MR 4 [8]
Flight (Small Wings -10%; Power Source: Empatha -10%; Air Move 10) [30]
Nictitating Membrane 2 [2]
Innate Attack (3d burning; Reduced Range x1/5 -20%; Cost Mana: 1 MP for each die of damage -15%; Cone 2 yards+70% Power Source: Arcana and Empatha -15%) [18]
Sharp Claws [5]
Sharp Teeth [1]
Striker (crushing; tale; Semi-Limited Arc -20%; Clumsy 1 -20%) [3]
Strong Jaws [3]
Longevity [2]
Extended Lifespan 4 [8]
Magery 0 (Arcana) [5]
Magery 0 (Empatha) [5]
Hoard Transportation [20] Dragon is able to transport items to and from his hoard's location. He must identify the item as his property and successfully 'destroy' it using his Innate Attack. He must additionally spend 1 MP per attempt, this may be negated by using the similarly named skill (IQ;Hard;no defaults). Successful use of said skill also allows the character to use this ability unconventionally, e.g. store the transporting fire for another Empath to use.
Greed (scr 9) [-23]
Miserliness (scr 9) [-15]
Bad Temper scr 12 [-10]
Increased Consumption 2 [-20] Together with the side effect of Cold Blooded character must consume an equivalent of 4 meals a day.
Extra Sleep 2 [-4]
Hibernation 1 [-5]
Cold-Blooded 2 [-10]
Traits: Temperature Tolerance 2 (Power Source: Empatha -10%) [1], Morph (Involuntary; template balances itself; trigger: hoarding)[1] Manipulate Clouds [1]

I suggest considering :
Loner; Bully; Callous; Gluttony adjusting the number; of Strikers, DR and Innate Attack

Gryphons [152+Endura Disciplines]
ST 16 [54] IQ 10 DX 11 [20] HT 12 [20]
Per 12 [10] Will 11 [5] BS 5.75 BM 5 SM +1
Sharp Beak [1]
Sharp Claws [5]
Magery 0 (Empatha)[5]
Magery 0 (Endura) [5]
Endura Disciplines
Flight (Wings -25%; Power Source: Empatha -10%; Air Move 12 [+2]) [28]
Enhanced Move 1 (Air; Top Speed 24) [20]
Nictitating Membrane 1 [1]
Absolute Direction [5]
Acute Vision 3 [6]
Telescopic Vision 1 [2]
DR 1 (lion parts of the body) [4]
Temperature Tolerance 2 [2]
Fur [1]
Horizontal [-10]
Hollow Bones (Eagle half of the body) [-10]
Hypersensitivity 2 (Wings) [-20]
Features [2]: ability to precisely sense ambient temperature and any changes of it (with a Per roll); Manipulate Clouds

Suggestions :
Callous; Bully; Bloodlust; Combat Reflexes; Striker (Wings);Code of Honor (racial; see discussion in TTRPG thread)

I will be glad to receive any news about your gaming, especially if this setting will be involved. So feel free to PM me and post comment in the general TTRPG thread.
I have just posted last three templates, so I want to hear your suggestions on what should we do next.
My next gaming session have been postponed and some PCs aren't 100% ready, so I don't know what areas I should work on.

That last line makes me feel like I need to sign this with my username, it just feels a lot like the closing sentence of a letter

Well, forum is IMO closer to the epistolary communication than to anything else, so what's wrong with that?
Yours truly,
Nikolay.

Well, we could pester LL to put some city names on the map he made. There's still Donkeys when you have the motivation, and we could throw together some spells that can't specifically be found in the GURPS books. We could compile this thread and the previous one into one cohesive document.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'm sure something will come up once my players are ready and we start playing.

Max

I'm glad that we both appreciate that map, but IMO he alreay has so much on his platter right now and we should let him finish this at his own leisure.
I will focus on the missing racial templates first, just 'cause I have a good idea for a quest and need them to compose it.

We could compile this thread and the previous one into one cohesive document.

Well, I have all these rules and templates in one file on my PC, but I can't bring myself to bother with Google docs or anything of that sort. So feel free to do it, if you have time, that will be much appreciated.

Finally, an update.

Changelings

Drones [225] 25 for calculating templates available through Morph
ST 14 [24] DX 12 [24] IQ 6[-80] HT 11[10]
Will 10 Per 11[5] BM 7 [10] BS 5.5 SM 0 15 MP [15]
Acute Hearing 2 [4]
Combat Reflexes [15]
DR 3 [15]
Doesn't Eat or Drink [10]
Flight (Small wings;Mana Sensitive; Air Move 12 +[2]) [32]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Hooves [3]
Morph (up to + 100 points template differences)[200]
Telekinesis 7 [28]
Telepathic Communication (Mana Sensitive -10%;Semi-Limited Range -40%; Only between Hive members -15%) [12]
Magivore [-30] Character must spend his/her/its MP instead of digesting a meal; 1 MP equals 2 normal required meals
No Natural MP Recovery [-20]
Reprogrammable [-10]
Horizontal [-10]
Unnatural appearance [-8]
Slave Mentality [-40]

Warriors [250]; 50 for counting possible morphs;
secondary template,
Base Primary and Secondary attributes are unchanged,
All previous racial advantages and disadvantages that aren't the result of character's general body shape (e.g. Horizontal) are lost.

Acute Hearing 2 [4]
DR 3 [15]
Doesn't Eat or Drink [10]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Flight (Small wings;Mana Sensitive; Air Move +2 [4]) [34]
Morph (up to +100 points template differences)[200]
Telekinesis 7 [28]
Telepathic Communication (Mana Sensitive -10%;Semi-Limited Range -40%; Only between Hive members -15%) [11]
Magivore [-30] Character must spend his/her/its MP instead of digesting a meal; 1 MP equals 2 normal required meals
No Natural MP Recovery [-20]
Reprogrammable [-10]
Unnatural Appearance [-8]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20