Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 82 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 82
Chaotic Dreams
Group Admin

This thread is ONLY for discussing House Moon & Star, and is not to be un-pinned from the top of the forum.

M&S is pretty cool. Like, magic, man.

Moon&Star is a pretty cool guy. Eh slaves unmagic ponehs and doesn't afraid of anything.
(Well, maybe the cult.)

2028646 You don't see them near the Everfree now do ya?

Not like the cult. Everfree can't handle the kind of magic they do. I think they underestimate them.
The cult on the other hand....*shudders*

Or who knows, maybe.

2029038 The cult's main method of raw destruction is it's machines. Things like it's corpse wagon are the only ways they can straight up win a battle. But due to the everfree being a forest, access to those things are very limited. So I don't think the cult can take House Everfree, but by the same tolken none of the other factions (save house moon and star, due to their utter lack of hesitation to destroy anything they view as a threat, without regards to petty things like 'morals' or 'possibility of innocence') can ever truly be rid of the Cult's influence. They're simply to good at what they do.

The Cult, if you'll forgive me waxing poetic, is the ever present shadow in the background of the other houses. It simply waits for you to tire and let the light go out before consuming you whole.

2029506 Which is why the Inquisition must remain the dauntless and ever vigil guardians against the threat of the Cults.

2029531 In this one instance, I'll agree there's a legitimate reason for the inquisition to exist. Unfortunately they also use their influence to search out 'heretics' of the non-cultist variety.

The answer is simple. Kill, Kill everyone:pinkiecrazy:2029506 Wait MnS is starting to sound like the cult now>.> I like it:pinkiecrazy:

2029583 Ah. Eheh, less necromancy; same unflinching fanatacism.

:trixieshiftleft: : "There is no innocence. Only degrees of guilt."

Comment posted by Siegfried deleted Oct 26th, 2013

Is the Inquisition prone to forge evidence if they want to take down a personal enemy or a wealthy citizen they want to snatch their fortune from?

Comment posted by Siegfried deleted Oct 29th, 2013

Probably, you have to remember its miss ego herself whose running them.

But Rainbow Dash is with Stormwing :ajsmug:

The other one, the non-mane cast egomaniac who was an antagonist in her two show appearances.

What does that has to do with....oh.
OH.

2058306>>2058459
Ha Ha! Stormwing Joke! :rainbowlaugh:

So, about Cadance in ED, which one of the ideas posted in Moon and Star: Beginnings's thread should we pick?

For a good idea of what the slave domes are like, see this thread.

This is is a bit of a general question but when did actual armed conflict start? Also has this been one fifteen year long stalemate of a war or a series of cold wars, skirmishes, and border raiding for the most part with occasional bouts of large scale open conflict?

I haven't seen a clear confirmation from PoorYorick for the slave domes. Yet.

You know I really don't think House Moon and Star's has very good chances of winning.

Think about it, in most episodes the bulk of the ponies we see are Earth Ponies, with Pegasus ponies being the second most numerous. Unicorns are so rare that its likely the even if the bulk of them have joined house Moon and Stars they can't really afford a major defeat. If this comes down to a war of attrition then the Unicorns simply don't have the numbers for a prolonged campaign. Naturally Moon and Star's recognizes this problem and makes use of Slave warriors to compensate. Need to cover a retreat? Send in the Slave Warriors. Need something to soak up enemy missile attacks? Send in the Slave Warriors. Need something to spring an enemy ambush? Send in the Slave Warriors.

The thing is though that if something on the scale of say Teutoburg forest or Hattin were to happen, then that's basically it, game over for House Moon and Stars. They can't replace the losses quick enough, their frontier would collapse and they'd probably lose Hoofington or Stalliongrad.

Well, keep in mind that most of the action is in Ponyville, which was founded by Earth Ponies. We see substantially more Unicorns in Canterlot.

Its not just in Ponyville though. How many Unicorns or pegasi did you see in Appleoosa or in Dodge city?

Well, I think it's all about balance isn't it?
Unicorns have magic and...all it's benefits. Energy, telekinesis, environment alterating spells, whatever.
Earth Ponies have numbers and...strenght? Their technology was something they HAD to pull off out of necessity to keep up angainst M&S
Pegasi, air superiority and weather manipulation.

Tough I believe that the houses that have ALL three races on "equal" terms (Whitegold, Cult and Everfree) have a slight advantage over the elitist ones (M&S, Stormwing, Earthborn), I don't think ANY house is completely vulnerable...

And how many earth ponies do you see in Canterlot? Or Cloudsdale for that matter?

We'd still have to see other cities like Fillydelphia, Los Pegasus, Manehatten, ... before being sure.

Cloudsdale makes sens with their being no earth ponies or unicorns not exactly convenient to live somewhere where you can fall through the floor.

As for Canterlot, quiet a few I recall from hearths warming eve.

2298407>>2311832

Quite a few Earth Ponies, or at least a sincere lack of Unicorns in the Upper Crust.

Also Derpy.

I didn't know Derpy Hooves was a member of Canterlot's nobility. :derpytongue2:
That, and some of these ponies have clones... unless they are changelings!

She's the muffin queen,didn't you know? :trollestia:

Now here's my thought, how does the Celestial Inquisition work [Pardon me if they aren't actually called that.] ? I mean surely they won't be going into Earthborn or Stormwing territories just to sniff out heresy, or not? If the inquisitors just operate in the boundaries of M&S's territories, does that mean that they are M&S's equivalent of a police force to keep order as well ?

Now if they operate outside their boundaries
Case #1 - Hostile Territory = Covert Operation, I'm sure that there should be a school of magic for that.
Case #2 - Neutral/Friendly Territory = Only if the owner allowed the inquisition, willingly or not that is.

3716316 Now going with the very little bits ive just read, it would seem they are simply powerful warriors/mages that will kill all that go against the beliefs of Moon and Star, this inlcudes all enemy factions except for maybe some parts of Whitegold(but even then, thats stretching it a bit), and so, if they found someone who was blaspheming withing allied territory i doubt they would let them go and would probably execute them, tough, most likely in an ordered way, trough arrest, judgement then execution, in enemy territory tough they would treat all enemies as Blasphemers. Making them units during battles, and more of a religious police force within their own territory, however i think their job would be specific to hunting out and judging/executing Heresy within their own borders, while other police forces like Legionnaires maybe or some other group of soldiers would be responsible for crimes and such.

M&S's government is like extreme Theocracy with the sisters as their deities. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if the inquisitors are also the police force. I can't imagine priests being polices, and Legionnaires or appointees policing their territories just doesn't sound very religious, I mean they are very strict and extreme.

If inquisitors were to roam about all over Equestria, then they would be no more than trouble makers / murderers in the sights of normal civillians.

From what I remembered from the M&S unit chart, the inquisitors acted like a Priest Class in the Party. Supporting fellow members as well as hindering the enemies. What do you think?

3728390 True, tough the unit itself is considered a military soldier OF the inquisition hence why i stated its more solider like, i didnt realise it was specifically for the military side of it. So yea the inquisition being the police force, judges, executioners, so on so on would make sense.

The ones that roam around equestria would be the Inquisition Troops, which i would say dont actually ROAM around Equestria, they are more like you said, the priest class within an army or squad, they can bless their allies or hinder their enemies, I personaly find this fitting considering they are the exact definition of a military like Priest, and having both Celestia and Luna as gods they would have both helpful and hurtful spells at their disposal. Depending on which one they worship.

This however brings up a question , do you think that the inquisition troops worship one of the two deities similar to how the Knights of celestia/luna or the Seraphs? Or would they worship both, making them effectively the most versatile mages in the whole Moon and Star faction. I think they worship both since if the inquisition is indeed something of a police force, they would have to worship both deities and be equal to both banners to make judgements. Or is the inquisition separated in two? One for the Celestia banner and one for the Luna banner, working together to keep their own definition of justice in the world. Both ideas seem interesting to me.

Since one makes them versatile but at the same time, it would be a bit againts their religion if im correct, since most of the time you worship one or the other, at the same time, if they are separate, it could create struggles within Moon and Star due to the differences between the two. At the same time tough, it could be that both banners live perfectly together, and if you worship one doesn't mean your against the other. But it just seems like with the idea that you worship one over the other, there must be some differences between them that could create struggles somewhere.

That would be "Judge, Jury, Executioner". Your Law System is really fair Twilight! :twilightsmile:

It would be a wierd sight for the legionnaires to see when an inquisitor finished healing your wounds, then he/she yelled curse words at your enemies. Yeah, wierd. And my blasphemous mind just gave me an image of those inquisitors being real nice, wearing nurse outfits... let's not go there

I think they would have to worship both, as it was stated in the unit chart. They used Sermons of both Deities, Celestia's to their allies, Luna's to their enemies. Seperation of the Inquisition seems to be the worst idea Twilight or Trixie could've think of. You would have two standards for the law, even uneducated peasants would know the difference!

The inquisitors may also serve as a buffer point between the guilds, making sure their rivalry would be less to none hindrance to their cause. Speaking of the guilds, I can imagine their fortresses would be filled with magical contraptions that the Earthborn would never have expected. Like an entire bulwark of Sun Ray Cannons, or a zoo of Ursa Minors. And of course, Spike the mutated dragon deep under the foundations of Canterlot.

3731613 LOL nurse inquisitors, thats a good one. Would never happen tough, unless you want it too that is....but really....

Its true, having two law like systems would be weird and having the inquisitors with seperate roles would be quite the hassle to organize. Being a buffer for both banners tough, for some reason i didnt think of that.

The one thing that threw me off was, How in the world will you EVER capture canterlot if its protected by a barrier only unicorns can cross? Earthborn at that point has no chance, which means it has to have a weakness, because if not then said defenses would be useless if nothing could really get in -.- I know other factions hate them but most likely Earthborn are the biggest threat due to their hatred to magic.

as for the traps themselves, id say the Celestia ones would be things like Fire, Sun ray canons, magical walls blocking the way, stuff like that While the Luna ones would be things like curses, darkness, maybe if theres an element like the fire from celestia, it be ice or something cold, Mostly due to the fact that Celestia is like healing and shields and such, while Luna is like curses and stuff, hence why Luna's is more dark, and its night, i dunno it makes sense in my brain :|

And finnaly spike, from what i understand, spike is more a deterrent againts invasions and rebels, simply because he has the mentality and intelligence of an infant, making him practically useless in a fight, unless you want a raging monster killing both your enemies AND your army, twilight keeps him in check but in a battle i dont think hed be that easy to control, the only reason hes so big is because of the spells twilight cast on him if im correct. Poor spike but hes really been brought down. Tough, if he got loose somewhere other then Canterlot, oh lets say maybe he somehow, accidentally, conveniently found himself in one of Earthponies camps or cities. I don't know maybe that would possibly, be somewhat, a little bit, incredibly disastrous for them? hint hint *wink* *wink*

What in Equestria would keep the barrier up? It's not a migical artifact, it's a spell! And a speel can be broken. There must be a generator in there, maybe a group of mages powering that barrier up. If Earthborns starve them out of supplies, then the barrier would be down in no time! If they have any patience that is.

Solar Magicks skill tree leans on a defensive/supportive type, while Lunar Magicks skill tree leans on a offensive type. Maybe we should have a thread for Class Types some day when we have more people around here, no?

As for Spike, I had his mental state to be around the same as the CMC in my canon. So he would adapt to changes as good as the CMC. Well, it depends on when Twilight drugged him and turned him into Godzilla-of-a-Dragon.

3734701 Its true Moon and Star are the only faction that cannot sustain themselves, requiring things like trades from Whitegold (this is what i believe is keeping them alive the most), and so starving them out is one way, if not, Earthborn might have to find a way to break the spell with something else. They would hope for something like an artifact but maybe just maybe, AJ might be willing to break her rule once, and find a spell that could break it, just this once, to be able to end it once and for all. Atleast, if you think that's what she would do, that would be pretty O.o , i could imagine Twilights reactions being like "THEY USED MAGIC?". Of course this would take a long time tough, AJ is pretty set on the "remove all magic from this world" idea.

as for spike, well, when he got "drugged up" and became, and i quote "Godzilla-of-a-Dragon" :rainbowlaugh: is completely up to you at this point, id say early enough to discourage attacks early on, however not too early, i dont think they would resort to that as Plan A. Atleast thats they way i see it.

As for class types and such, I"m wondering if we should maybe make posts for Units? one thing i noted was how one of the original members stated he didn't like the lack of use from the units in the stories. And that's sad to hear since the units are so detailed and well done, and very diverse, Maybe we could make a post about the units for each faction (or a post for all the factions if you think that would be too many post, but it would be less organised unless we found a way to make it organised, i got an idea in my head i'm just wondering which way you guys think we should do this). I"m also thinking of post about custom Factions and such, so that instead of making a bunch of post for new factions and units, they could all be organised into one big post, and we could find a way to organize it, tell me what you think and il see what i can do for a new post that could be organised well enough so that its not one big text of random words and names. I find waiting for new people could still take awhile... or tbh im just really impatient and want a place we can post our own ideas when it comes to unites (the unites where one of my favorite things, also the idea of creating your own factions, so having threads for those would be awesome IMO.) I might post a new thread to talk about this idea.

Yeah, and risk breaking her own ideology which would result in large amount of deserters, and then rumors were spreaded that :ajbemused: used magic, Earthborn settlements would revolt and there would be another civil war!

Yes, they would probably keep Spike as a surprise. 'The Final Hammer' or 'Last Resort', something around that.

"The Non-Canon Houses and Organizations" thread is for posting custom factions, you would find a lot of good ones there, friend. The Caravan, the Hornless Minotaur, the Sleeping Cult, the Masquerade, very lore friendly I say! Especially the last one, the fic written by its creator was very good!

3736822 Ah ok thanks, didn't know there was a thread already set up for it (tough i should've expected it) guess there goes my idea :\ however for units, is there a post for that? I might PM you an idea of mine for the current main factions, since we all seem to be heading towards the more "our vision of ED" and not "what we think is the original vision of ED" kind of style with our stories. Anyways this is off topic so lets PM if were going to talk about anything like new threads for custom units maybe, or other ideas like that.

Its true her ideology being broken could be a problem. In one way it could not be magic (like an ancient artifact that nullifies magic). Or she could make it hidden, come up with a story or excuse of what happened when in reality, in the background an elite special squad was hand picked by AJ herself and sent in to remove the barrier with magic of their own. or they could starve them out, but wheres the fun in that? :P

Equestria Divided isn't perfect. When something isn't finished, there are bound to be loopholes that need to be filled. Sometimes we might overfill it, thus taking the lore to another curve. PoorYorick had done a great job filling the world with his lore with details that allured many. We like the lore, like the rest that had already moved on, expanded the lore.

Without breaking her honesty, AJ would only starve them out in my opinion. If it's Stormwing that attacked, starving them out wouldn't be so honourable. They would probably employ unicorns to find a way to break the barrier.

By the way, we all know how fragile the wing spell is. It got burned by sunlight in that episode! The fact the M&S had used them in the military branch only meant that their alternative is more robust. What kind of material do you think they are made of, that is not magical-butterfly wings.

1. I agree, we must expand but with our own visions and our own worlds, one person might see it differently then another and that's fine, that's why we have these forums and groups, to share our stories and ideas, ED should be considered a universe where anything and any story can happen within its boundaries. Its just up to us to make said stories happen, said new characters come to life, said new battle to be fought, said new factions to be built, and said new worlds to be born. (I really don't know why i write like that, sounds almost cheesy but its fun to do)

2. I still think that barrier has another weakness, somewhere, that it can be broken or you can find a way trough, maybe without magic, it just seems a little TOO powerful to be 100% immune to all Earthponies and pegasus. Maybe it takes energy to use it, and if it gets hit by something it drains some of that magical energy, so with enough force it could be broken. There HAS to be a weakness, I'll start thinking of some and see what i come up with.

3. As for the Wing spell, Its probably used mostly for transportation and support units capable of helping from the somewhat safer sky, or to scout and do recon missions, or to try to gain an aerial advantage, tough unlikely considering most factions have flying/anti flying units of their own more powerful then those butterfly winged units. And so they probably lend support from the air but cannot really fight on their own. I don't really see any other alternative for wings, but there was a suggested unit by Lisboa of a UFO looking kind of unit, which was strong and powerful in the air, but if I'm correct requires assistants with a certain kind of unit to protect it from Pegasi. In the end their racism towards pegasus is costing them in their aerial power. as for what material they are made of? i have no idea, Magical-butterfly wings stuff is really all that comes to mind XD Probably a kind of gel magically kept together to allow flight, but is fragile enough that it can be broken or melted easily. I'm not a huge material expert so i wouldn't really know how to answer that.

So what do you think they would use to prevent themselves from being overwhelmed from aerial assaults? especially considering their second biggest enemy is Stormwing (right before Earthborn which also have pegasus.)

According to the proposal units it look like they have elemental's, so they could try to use the air against the pegasi.

Maybe they were modified for pure agility, like a short sprint for humans. They are fast by nature, and really fast when boosted [What's the word for that again?] ? They could probably outrun hoplites when under pursuit, but maybe not Wind Riders or Lightning's Finest.

Maybe M&S focused more on anti-air to combat Stormwing than actual aerial combat. Maybe a variation of magic missile used my the marksmages, a variation that could exploded mid-air? Hey, do you think Marksmages have variety on their Magic Missile Arsenal? Surely they weren't just trained on their accuracy alone!

Right those guys would do good, but its only a minor amount of wizards that become them, so its unlikely they're the main form of defense. but they could probably be disastrous for pegasi if they can create large enough storms with their magic.
Edit: it should also be noted that the proposal units are fan made, and so choosing if they exist or not is entirely up to you.

3746723 For the wings, I doubt they are made for quick agility, mostly they are there for convenience whenever flying could help in a situation. Personally i think Moon and Star already have a pretty strong military and adding flying to pretty much any of the units they have would just be a little overkill IMO. At its best it does make them very mobile, i mean its still faster then walking, and so it makes them harder to hit, allowing them to be much more effective against infantry and such like the original "moon and star" force page states, however the moment any form of aerial unit attacks them they are pretty much done for. Hence why they are probably never used against Stormwing, even the slowest of their units could probably catch them. Like i said its more made for quick little movements in the air to dodge things but nothing to fancy, those are very fragile wings after all.

And finally for the Anti-air stuff. Most likely some of the mages can use anti-air spells but for sure Marksmages would use different kind of missiles, maybe some that explode into a wide spread shrapnel or Magical projectile in the air? so any flying units nearby would be damaged and probably taken out? As for other kinds of missiles id say things like the typical elements like fire, ice, maybe acid and such, and maybe a more spread like bullet like a shotgun shell but more of a close range blast, that can help defend themselves against approaching enemies that get a little to close, of course this is still dangerous for them and they would most likely try to run whenever an opening presents itself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 82