Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Hello everyone, it's me again. Thank you for your replies here and thank PoorYorick for inspiration for the actual work. I came across EqD probably too late to add something to it, and actually did not want to. The main thing it gave was the way to organize my own MLP headcanons, but the content...

I noted that fans and author himself tend to stick to modern Equestria and particulary Mane Six and other show characters. This is normal to all fanfiction and fanart, but here while the art and lore were all about military, politics and such, the story was still mostly about a bunch of friends and characters they met in canon (some even called houses after Mane Six members in their comments). To me this made things look small despite all efforts to turn Equestria into military setting, and also faction system was solidified by character system which meant that fanmade houses would not fit by default. But, I say it again, PoorYorick did good job on creating the lore itself, the art, the text, the timeline...

And finally, here is my work, dedicated to the topic not so popular - things that were not shown well, if shown at all.

As we know, once upon a time, long before the peaceful rule of Celestia, and before ponies discovered our beautiful land of Equestria, ponies did not know harmony. It was a strange and dark time. A time when ponies were torn apart... by hatred! During this frightful age, each of the three tribes – the Pegasi, the unicorns, and the Earth ponies – cared not for what befell the other tribes, but only for their own welfare. In those troubled times, as now, the Pegasi were the stewards of the weather. But they demanded something in return: food that could only be grown by the Earth ponies.

But did you really believe it was this simple? Were all earth ponies farmers, pegasi cloud kickers and unicorns mages? Did these nations include all the ponies in the world, and were they alone in it? I answer "no" to all of this and present some sort of teaser for my project which tells about all what the so-called three pony tribes left behind, as it was short before their exodus.

Here is some art:

I have no exceptionally good art , mane six and fanservice, or even uncertainity of lasting conflict for it is doomed by canon. But I have world and history which I'm currently working on. For now there is five completed rosters with general lore in them and lists with description for every faction is my current goal.

Zebra Khanate - Tribes, Armies, Auxiliary
Hel Hordes - Tribes, Monsters

At last, i have to say that originally I wrote it in Russian, and Hel was translated by my friend Doof Ex Machina. And he also took part in translating "Equestria Divided" to Russian.

Comment posted by Telwyn Freecolt deleted Jun 11th, 2020

Dude, please, stop. This does not work. If you want to tell a story, write it down properly instead of wasting your inspiration on random posts.

Oh damnit, "Three Tribes" is the name for my ED-inspired setting! :rainbowlaugh:

Wait, why three if you was going to follow EqD's system with six factions?

Instead of ED's six factions, you had one faction for each tribe (Earth Ponies were House Earthborn with a more Renaissance/17th century aesthetic, Pegasi were pretty similar to Stormwing and Unicorns had a Moon and Star-like theocracy run by aristocratic bureaucrats who were more like Whitegold than anything else); like ED there was also a Princess who was killed/"vanished" before the events of the story, so I hoped cutting it down to three would make it seem more different than ED I guess?

The story would have followed the reincarnation of the Princess as she grapples with her identity, her past life, and the world around her which is being thrown into chaos, sort of similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender.

IDK if you already read it, or it was deleted by admin for some reason, or lost due to servers being derped down, or I just forgot to send it somehow, but anyway.

This is good decision, because you have no Mane Six and thus no reason to make six faction, while EUP divide without non-pony races involved is sort of classic. But be it good or bad, it is also for your thread and not mine :ajbemused: Probably everyone hates to gedd nothing but offtopic in feedback.

Yeah, once I have some more stuff to write I'll definitely start my own thread on it.

But for the time being, back to to your Three Tribes, @SMT5015! :twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9