Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

So I'm rewriting this because It's been a while and I kinda want to make it more official.

Second Wind's Notes is a Headcanon that I thought up and have been working on for a few years now. Its been slow for a long time due to a lot of complications but now I've started working on it again and have made quite a bit of progress.

This Headcanon isn't written like a normal story. The concept is that a unicorn named Second Wind has managed to infiltrate and learn a lot about every house and the Cult. He then decided to write down and archive everything he's learned in hopes that somepony will find the notes and finally be able to put an end to the war. Its written less with military and realism in mind and more just as a high fantasy epic dark war story similar to things like Warhammer and Dynasty warriors more so then something like a realistic analysis of PoorYoricks universe. Mostly because I don't know enough about military strategies and wars to make a true realistic analysis of the units and cultures and armies. So some stuff is pretty ridiculous (Seriously, if you're looking for realism and a well thought out universe then my headcanon is not for you. This is definitely a fantasy headcanon that will need some suspension of disbelief to enjoy)

Also, Equestria Divided was written between Season 2 and Season 3. So anything that happens in Season 3 and onwards do not always apply to Equestria Divided. Once again, this is an "Alternate Universe" and the rules established after Season 2 simply do not always work with Equestria Divided.

Note: The Headcanon at the moment does not delve into what happens after the notes have been written, right now I'm focusing on finishing the notes themselves and I'll move onto to that if I feel like it.

This is purely fanfiction of a fanfiction and nothing more. I do not claim this to be Canon in any way, and while I try to stay true to PoorYoricks canon as much as possible, in the end, I have made either some alteration or added some things that I felt made the universe more interesting or simply because I found the original canon too confusing to write a coherent story with. This is kind of like a simplified version of the universe using the complex canon to write it.

I just do not have the planning or memory capabilities to remember every little detail PoorYorick made, however, it should be familiar enough to be able to enjoy hopefully. Think of this as an Alternate Universe of an Alternate Universe. However, if you do notice some discrepancies between my version and the original, please do point it out and I'll consider whether I'll make changes to fit with the original canon more closely.

Another thing to note is that I have absolutely no experience with writing stories in any way nor have I ever shared anything I've written before so expect a very amateurish style of writing and mistakes. I'll gladly accept constructive criticism and ideas of course because what good writer wouldn't

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy reading.

(It should also be noted that I do take ideas directly from PoorYoricks writing, either from some of the things he wrote or generaly just things he talked about. Due to this, you might see some parts of the notes that are word for word the same as PoorYoricks stories. While I try to avoid this as much as I can, in the end, this is just me rewriting everything in a different headcanon and sometimes, somethings will stay exactly the same. I'm not trying to plagiarize nor am I trying to claim ownership over anything that I write. I'm doing all of this purely for fun, and understandably all the credit should go to PoorYorick.)

This is where I write the current Progress on the notes and what plans/ideas I might have for each house and my thoughts on them if I have any. The order they are written in shows the general order I will try to write them in.

Current Progress:

-Introduction: The Division
Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gHzUgOXAp2xiZeq5SUfuXshaLyOMf3jHiA1IjoP8qoY/edit?usp=sharing

This is basically the "Introduction" to all this and should be read first. It establishes how the war started and how Equestria was divided.

100% complete, may need revisiting due to how old it is and some new ideas I came up with and to maybe fit it more with the writing style I've adopted for the houses. (This is becoming more likely and odds are I'm gonna rewrite the division all together)

-House Earthborn
Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mZD5BvTlOWt09GHBCmZqUxmSq43FzoEcLztbKZ6S1AU/edit?usp=sharing

90% complete, need to continue working on locations and key battles fought. Also might want to go back and rewrite some of the history and culture to fit in with Stormwings slightly altered style and potentially add a few new leaders.

Thoughts:
I like how Earthborn turned out. More specific details such as the Buffalo tribes and the different Guilds will be put in their own separate notes

-House Stormwing
Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XUJk4CkGz566iQD9Ke3WcsFwh-1773iyHJxW0XxmAfY/edit?usp=sharing

90% Complete, Finished writing down all the main and minor leaders. I still need to add locations and key battles. Griffons will mostly be in separate notes.

Thoughts:
Sadly Stormwing seems to have had the least amount of information given to them in the original canon, at least from what I can tell and so most of the history and culture will probably be shorter then the other houses and odds are whatever side notes I create for them will probably only be about the griffons and nothing else. They are however the newest and youngest house however so it kinda makes sense why they aren't as detailed. Gimme your thoughts on this and if you know of any official canon sources I can use for more information on them.
Otherwise, they came together pretty well all things considered. They are similar yet very different from Earthborn which made writing their notes difficult, especially the leaders considering Stormwing is mostly comprised of secondary and background characters which forced me to come up with their personalities and traits as characters which I had fun with at least. I might come back and rewrite some stuff, I think I may have made Stormwing seem a bit too "Nice" for one of these houses, but I'm not sure.

-House Moon and Star

0%, haven't started yet. Got a lot of work ahead of me with this one, probably one of the most detailed houses and one of the most complicated to document. Doesn't help it's my least favorite but I'll be damned if I don't get it done!

-House Whitegold

0%, haven't started yet. This one I'm gonna have a lot of fun with considering just how unique it is compared to the other houses.

-The Everfree Tribes

0%, haven't started yet. Probably my second favorite "House" but due to how unique they are I'm gonna leave them before last.

-The Cult of Laughter

0%, haven't started yet. This one...this one is gonna be fun.

I'm unsure of what the rules are when it comes to bumping your own forum posts to inform people there's been an update since Edits don't tell anybody that the original post has been updated so I'm posting this right now to do that. If that's against the rules please tell me and I'll stop immediately

How's the fanfic coming along?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3