AppleSeed 114 members · 35 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I know there's another thread in this group, but given the oldness of that one, figured I might make a new one (even if I'm not an admin or anything here).

Seriously, think about it. The last time we saw Babs Seed was back in Season 3 with the Apple Family Reunion. We didn't see OR hear her mentioned in Season 4, and the only time she was brought up in the current season was to say she's already got her cutie mark, a pair of scissors. And that she's apparently NO LONGER a Cutie Mark Crusader! :twilightangry2: Which kinda makes sense, I guess, but still... does this mean the first pony who had joined the CMC on-screen is intended not to appear in the show ever again? :fluttershysad: If they're giving her the brush-off by just telling us she got a cutie mark, as opposed to having shown it happen.

Especially considering the turn things've taken over the last two seasons, with Twilight and her friends adjusting to her being a princess, then getting their own castle with a map that directs them to unspecified friendship problems. Not that that has to do with the CMC or anything, but... STILL, it seems like the writers aren't trying to make time for Babs to make a re-appearance. Yet they made time for Maud Pie and even Coco Pommel in an upcoming episode this season! :facehoof: Not that I mind the bringing back of familiar ponies from last season and even Season 1 (Gilda). We've seen lots of episodes featuring the CMC since then, but what, is Babs not important enough? Or does it have to do with the writer for both of those S3 episodes, Cindy Morrow? Although she wasn't the one whom wrote the episode mentioning her getting a cutie mark in this season, but wrote Tanks for the Memories, the one following that.

Anyway, I just bring this up because I do wonder if we are to simply never see that filly again, whatever we liked about her. For me, it was that she was Apple Bloom (and by extension, probably AJ and Big Mac)'s cousin, even if she was given an odd accent resembling a New Yorker. And come up with any future AppleSeed (or just Babs Seed) fics on our own, not that there's been a lot to date that I know of, even after almost 3 years since she was first introduced to the fandom. Hopefully one of these days, I'll do one of my own! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1