Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I stood by this show when they alicornized Twilight.

I stood by it when they made Equestria Girls.

I stood by it when they made Starlight a recurring character.

But this...just this. Making Cozy an antagonist was really stupid. I'm not talking about her punishment-they could have made her write "I will not try to take over Equestria" five-hundred times, given her a literal slap on the hoof with a wooden ruler, or chopped off her head. That's immaterial. My problem is the idea of a filly as a villian is really stupid. Just the absolute stupidest especially when we've had genuinely terrifying foes like Chrysalis who used trickery and deception to bring Equestria to its knees and had an army to boot. Speaking of Chrysalis, why wasn't SHE the villain? What was that whole spiel about getting revenge on Starlight? How did a small child outsmart seven adults and bring Equestria to its knees? How could she be this good at magic?

All they had to do was make Cozy Chrysalis. That's it. Have her reveal her true form at the right moment and scare the bejebus out of everyone. Have her do the creepy neck thing and hypnotize the students or something. It would have been perfect. But no. They had to make her a flipping eight year old. Starlight "watch me fly without wings" Glimmer was outsmarted by an eight year old.

If this is the quality of writing we can expect next season then I'm out. I won't watch anymore of this.

You just pointed out everything that I was thinking my friend, thank you for that:twilightsmile:. You just took the words right out of my mouth:ajsmug:.

6576766 Well I'll bet Cozy Glow was supposed to be something more originally, considering the finale was written by two different writers. I have to wonder if Haber threw out Dubac's script and hastily changed Cozy Glow because of something Nicole wanted to do with her. But if that was the case, why not rework Cozy's entire character from the ground up, or even just scrap her and use another villain?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3