Apple Pie 255 members · 53 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

All right, I'm starting to implement the first of some of the suggestions you folks put forward a while ago when I asked for ideas. So here is your first post for caption contests.

I'm starting off with something I've drawn myself. If you'd like to contribute a picture to the cause, or have a suggestion, go ahead and PM me.

Without further ado, I give you your first picture.

Have fun!

Link to Round 2 here!

Link to Round 3 here!

1027284 Why not just make it a caption game rather than a contest? There will be more fun then. :pinkiesmile:

Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

1027356 That is probably a good idea. No competitive pressure or anything.

I have now renamed the thread.

:pinkiehappy: "Look Applejack! I'm an apple!"

:applejackconfused:

Lame I know...but eh.

Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

1028539 Not bad, A for effort. Lemme try one.

:pinkiehappy: "So, I heard you like bucking things in trees..."

....Clopfic! Write it! NOW!:pinkiegasp:

"In which Pinkie swore she was a fruit bat."
"Silly Aj, I'm already ripe for the picking!"
"Pinkie...when ya said ya wanted to hang around my farm t'day...Ah didn't think ya meant LITERALLY."

:pinkiehappy: "Hey AJ, wanna taste some forbidden fruit?"

Idunno, I'm bad at this :derpytongue2:

1027490 Also, if you've been by the AppleDash group, we've been playing a Caption Game. These are the rules: (just replace Rainbow Dash with Pinkie Pie in here then)

Someone posts a picture, of dash, aj, or appledash (or others too, as long as you can twist it into something amusing). Then someone else gets to post a sentence. It'll have to be dialogue of the character depicted in the image. If multiple, you can do all of them. They also post the next image to be captioned.

<i>Basically, give text/caption to the characters in the image, bring the scene to life, post next picture.</i>

I am not sure how to play, What do I do?:
1. Reply to the last picture posted with a caption of your choosing.
2. In the same replay post a new picture (with source if possible) for the next person.

As for rules for the pictures, (other than actual ApplePie pics) they either have to have at least Applejack or Pinkie Pie in them.

You can go to the AppleDash Caption Thread to see how we do it there.

Esle Ynopemos
Group Admin

1032039 The trouble with doing it precisely the same way as they do it in the AppleDash group is that we don't have as many people. They have enough to get a consistent back-and-forth, bumping the thread, which encourages people to keep checking it for updates. I'm gonna try and get a note about our caption games in the next monthly activities post, but we just don't have enough folks to keep a single thread like this from dying.

So instead, I'll be posting a captionable picture in a new thread each week. That way, folks get a notification when there's something new up. People are still welcome to add a picture of their own to the mix, of course, but it won't be a requirement.

1053726 Alright, that's understandable. Wish there were more people in the group, though :pinkiesad2:

"In which Pinkie swore she was a fruit bat."

She learned from Fluttershy...which creates a time paradox but that's irrelevant because Pinkie Pie.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12