The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 65 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 65
Razorbeam
Group Admin

If both duelists involved would kindly let me know that they are ready, this duel can begin. If one of the dueling parties does not report in (ready or otherwise) before Wednesday [1/9/2013], they will forfeit the match. If neither report in, both will forfeit.

Whether you are ready or not, please make it known in an ((OOC)) post here in this thread.

This duel was concluded [1/14/2013] with Fordregha as the victor by majority vote.

Rapid Fire yells from the stands, cheering for her friend even though she has yet to hit the field. "C'mon Faultless! Show them why you're the best thief in Equestria!" She doesn't know how long it will be before the battle begins, but she's going to be there every minute, cheering her heart out until the very end.

((Skysong would support Faultless if he could be there....))

OOC: Here and ready.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

602996, 603028
((I am opening this duel. You may now fight one another. Please follow this link to see the list of judges.

You must conclude your duel, either by killing blow (judge's rule), forfeit, or voting decision. A vote will be held by default in the event that the duel is not completed by 12:00 a.m. [-5:00 GMT] on Saturday [1/12/2013].

Fight with honor!))

Aurus rose from his seat suddenly, drawing a hush over the crowd and ready combatants alike. His smile was one of excitement, and it was clear from the tone that ventured forth from his throat that he was just as eager as those in the stands who were barely repressing their words to hear him speak.

"It is clear that you are all excited to see this match, and I an right there with you! Lets not delay, and commence the battle, one which I am sure will be monumental. This duel between Ma'akus and Faultless should not be taken lightly. Not now, or ever in the future, as this will be a moment of history to be remembered gloriously for ages to come!"

The crowd roared in excitement, stilling once more for Aurus' final words before the unleashing of this once-in-a-lifetime event.

"Begin the match!"

The deafening roars that followed drowned out the trailing of even his mighty voice, and any hope that the clash of steel or a blast of magic had to be heard.

OOC: I do believe that my character would be ever so gracious and allow his opponent the first shot.

Indeed miss Faultless. It is always a lovely day for each day offers new opportunities for discovery. I shall concede you the opening shot if it pleases you. I can't wait to match wits with a Unicorn, not to many ponies wander into my usual haunts.

Approved by Doorknobs

Ma'akus would jump backwards using his wings for added momentum to gain some distance from his foe then changing direction to gain some height before firing an arrow at Faultless' legs in an attempt to strike a crippling blow.

(I'm here I'm just awaiting moderation which is apparently taking awhile.):pinkiesad2:

(Approved by Crafter)

Using Aeromancy Ma'akus would activate his Vibrowings and reduce the drag effect the air has on him to give him an additional speed boost and attempt to strike his targets main body with his wings before they get to cover.

(OOC: Question on Mechanics. Do you maintain a constant grip on your picks or do you grip and release?)

(Approved by Crafter)

Seeing the needles flying towards him Ma'kus uses his wings on their down stroke to move the air in front of him creating gusts of wind deflecting the incoming projectiles.
Ma'akus would then push himself harder moving his wings faster trying everything he can to gain ground on his fleeing target.

(How is a successful strike determined. Does the judge for the performing action make the decision or does the judge for the reaction make the decision?)

606456>>606476
((It's determined on the action vs the stats and the position. Though, a good enough reaction can turn a hit into a miss))

Which Judge makes those calls?

606946 ((Really, both of you should be sending to the same judge. However, if you aren't, it falls on the Reaction judge to be taking everything into account))

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Calling off his dive from above Ma'akus banks to the left avoiding the needles and fires a blind shot at the same time in Faultless' general direction landing once more on the ground a several yards from his target.

Cursing to himself Ma'akus calls out to Faultless in a taunting tone. "Your pretty bad with those needles hope you don't run out wasting both of our time trying to hit me with them."

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Instead of wasting time pursuing or even attempting to find his target Ma'akus takes flight drawing more and more moisture into the air blanketing the general area near Faultless in fog bringing with it a noticeable chill to the air. The Thick soupy fog does a good job of obscuring sight beyond a foot or two.

(Italics are character thoughts and not meant to be discernible by others.)

Excellent. Let her hide in fear. The longer she stays away from me the more time I have to prepare, this fight was all but won when she refused to engage me in melee combat.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Ma'akus carefully staying just outside of the limits of the fog slowly feeds more moisture into it expanding it's size and effect. The Fog would grow larger and colder and even somehow manage to get thicker. The fog would become almost tangible even to a non-flyer.

She hasn't come out yet. I wonder if she even realizes the danger she is in. Probably not. Still, maybe after this is over she will have a greater respect for Griffon Aeromancy. I would feel bad for her under normal circumstances. Heh. Hah hah hahahah. I'm having an attack of conscience for my opponent in a tournament of all things I really must be going soft.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Continuing to expand the size density & intensity of the cold of the fog Ma'akus keeps his bow nocked with one of his paralytic arrows ready to fire the moment he spots any movement breaking from the fog.

How long I wonder will she stay in the cold before she recognizes just how foolish it is to stay still. Either way if she stays I win. If she leaves I've got an arrow with her name on it. 'bout the only way this could go wrong is if she's a teleporter. Oh sweet merciful goddesses please tell me she isn't. Should I try and finish this while she's in the fog? I could electrify it but then I run the risk of mana exhaustion and the power might not be enough spread so thin to do more than merely singe her a little. I don't dare enter the fog. Even with my natural cold resistance! What to do? What to do?

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Seeing the movement he was looking for Ma'akus only curses to himself a moment for spotting it just too late before she manages to get behind some cover. Hoping beyond hope that she hasn't thought to look up yet he flies as silently and quickly as he can to get a better angle for his shot and fires his paralysis poison tipped arrow after taking only a moment to line it up.

C'mon just give up already. I don't want to make this more painful for you than it has to be. Even if I don't shoot you my fog will eventually fill up every little nook and cranny of this place leaving you nowhere to run OR hide. Why do they ALWAYS run. It NEVER helps.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Damn missed. Okay I tried doing this the nice way. Time to up the ante.

Seeing her dart for the next pile of rocks Ma'akus pulls out one of his shrapnel arrows
"Hey Faultless! Dodge THIS!"
Rather than aiming right at her Ma'akus aims just ahead of her predicting her most likely approach vector to the next bit of cover and firing.

(Sorry this took so long. Apparently I forgot to post the reply after getting approval)

(Approved by RainbowBob)

The arrow upon contact with the stone would disintegrate in a brief but loud explosion of oranges and reds as bits and pieces of metal fly everywhere. Some would bounce off the nearby rocks ricocheting around until their momentum was lost entirely, others would fly straight cutting through the air shrieking like a demon woe to any that happen to be in their way. All in all it would be a cacophony of light & sound, truly a thing of beauty... just not for the poor unicorn who happened be but a mere two feet from it all.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Ma'akus would call down "If you surrender now I will treat your wounds."

(Approved by RainbowBob)

"Those Bits of Metal sticking out of your flank were dipped in poison then carefully baked into the metal before being stored in one of my shrapnel flasks. If you don't surrender soon you might die! the poison is fairly fast acting. I am one of a few who know how to mix the antidote. After all it would be height of stupidity not to know the cure for the poisons I work with on a regular basis."

(Approved by RainbowBob)

"Your right. If they knew. I'm a medical doctor. I probably know about 10x more about how to save a body let alone kill it then your average judge. You don't think I wouldn't lie about a few details to get passed the inspectors? I'm in it to win it and if I happen to leave a few bodies along the way? Well. Accidents happen and they knew the risks when they signed up. I'll be sure to be EXTRA remorseful at your funeral. I'll be all teary eyed and sad blaming myself for not treating you in time. Surrender."

(Approved by RainbowBob)

During all of this banter and talk the "Fog" would have expanded enough to all but sneak up on Faultless. Ma'akus uses his aeromancy to hurry the shroud of fog, enveloping Faultless completely, before letting out a barely restrained grunt to do so. during that brief moment of obscurity Ma'akus changes positions and readies a flashbang arrow. A careful observer with plenty of time might see the tired lines in Ma'akus' carefully controlled face. Even more so would they see the fierce determination alight within his eyes.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Upon seeing her exit from the fog to his left and below him Ma'akus fires a Flashbang(Explosion of light) Arrow just in front of his unicorn Foe.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

The Flashbang arrow would go off with a soft "Fwumph!" as the special powders contained within the glass ignite upon being exposed to the air creating a mini sun of light without heat that lasts for all of a moment before fading into nothing.

Ma'akus rapidly loads a regular arrow and fires it at the cowering unicorn hoping to catch her off guard while's she's hiding from nothing.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

"Why are you even in this contest little one? This sort of fight is not for the weak or faint of heart. You show great determination but all you have managed is to scurry around like a frightened prey creature. I am not frightened of your little displays thus far. If you cannot fight me then forfeit. Were our positions reversed I would have thought of twenty things I could do to my opponent by now. You should be ashamed of yourself and doubly so for shaming those whom you represent. I've had to capture children that put up more of a fight than you have."

During the conversation a lightning cloud would form behind Faultless and a bolt of lightning would shoot from it aimed right at her.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Carefully husbanding his now nearly depleted mana reserves Ma'akus decides to fold his wings in and drop like a rock, avoiding the needles as they pass overhead, only to extend them outward again to change his drop into a raking dive. This would be painful and hurt like a mother bucker not to mention the muscle strains this would cause. In fact during the dive Ma'akus lets out a screech that is equal parts pain and war cry.

Comment posted by Dracmatais deleted Jan 13th, 2013

(Approved by RainbowBob)

At his current speeds a dodge would be all but impossible nonetheless Ma'akus perform's an Aileron Roll(This maneuver is often mistakenly called a barrel roll but it is in fact very different. The aileron roll is a spin which only alters the positioning of the body during the maneuver ending with the same heading and facing you started with. Please See attached link for a more precise definition.) During his roll Ma'akus would grab the mace with his claws as they pass by them. Performing this at such speeds would strain Ma'akus unbelievably cutting off his warcry in a believable imitation of a frog croaking. Any sentient or conscious thoughts that remained in his head would be masked by a fog of pain shooting up not only his wings but his forelegs as well causing him to veer off course not only overshooting his target but tumbling a little as well barely managing to land upright and to the far left of Faultless. Spinning around to face her Ma'akus would call out in call out in pained and strained voice, "I totally meant to do that! All part of the plan. You'll see that I've got this situation under complete..." his voice seemingly trailing off due to exhaustion as he collapses right then and there.

Comment posted by Dracmatais deleted Jan 14th, 2013

(Approved by RainbowBob)

Jerking into motion as quickly as physically possible given the circumstances Ma'akus would shed what tired & sore feelings he had in a surge of adrenaline bursting forward with Faultless' mace swinging with everything he could muster in terms of both speed and power stumbling only a little as he moves forward. Ma'akus ignores the pain of the needle as it impacts his left foreleg causing critical damage but not stopping his charge.

(Approved by RainbowBob)

In such tight quarters with such low mana reserves Ma'akus deliberately blocks the four needles that would prevent him from taking flight if needed had they connected leaving those that would impact his chest area alone. Even without the time to aim properly Ma'akus pulls out his crossbow & loading it with a paralytic arrow, dropping the mace putting a hind paw on it. Relying on his years of experience as an expert marksman(Marksgriffon?) to give his shots just enough accuracy to ensure a hit at near point blank range.

(I personally envisage roughly four feet or so distance from each other.)

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Voting:
Dracmatais

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Voting:
Fordregha

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 65