The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Razorbeam
Group Admin

If both duelists involved would kindly let me know that they are ready, this duel can begin. If one of the dueling parties does not report in (ready or otherwise) before Wednesday [1/9/2013], they will forfeit the match. If neither report in, both will forfeit.

Whether you are ready or not, please make it known in an ((OOC)) post here in this thread.

This duel was concluded [1/14/2013] with Flicka as the victor by majority vote.

((OOC: Well, my internet finally stabilized, thankfully. I believe myself to be ready.))

((OOC: Flicka is ready))

Razorbeam
Group Admin

601583, 602112
((I am opening this duel. You may now fight one another. Please follow this link to see the list of judges.

You must conclude your duel, either by killing blow (judge's rule), forfeit, or voting decision. A vote will be held by default in the event that the duel is not completed by 12:00 a.m. [-5:00 GMT] on Saturday [1/12/2013].

Fight with honor!))

Aurus rose from his seat suddenly, drawing a hush over the crowd and ready combatants alike. His smile was one of excitement, and it was clear from the tone that ventured forth from his throat that he was just as eager as those in the stands who were barely repressing their words to hear him speak.

"It is clear that you are all excited to see this match, and I an right there with you! Lets not delay, and commence the battle, one which I am sure will be monumental. This duel between Flicka and Silver Streak should not be taken lightly. Not now, or ever in the future, as this will be a moment of history to be remembered gloriously for ages to come!"

The crowd roared in excitement, stilling once more for Aurus' final words before the unleashing of this once-in-a-lifetime event.

"Begin the match!"

The deafening roars that followed drowned out the trailing of even his mighty voice, and any hope that the clash of steel or a blast of magic had to be heard.

Silver Streak stood opposite his opponent, trying to get himself to calm down. Finally, the tournament has begun. This is going to be very interesting. Silver Streak bowed his head in respect towards his opposition, a young grey mare. "Fight well." he said with a smile, before pulling out his broadsword. No more speaking.

Silver Streak ran towards Flicka, aiming his sword at her right side.

>>Approved by Kapuchu

Comment posted by Flicka Ravenhide deleted Jan 10th, 2013

Approved by Crafter

It was taking every iota of Flicka’s willpower not to bolt, to just teleport herself far away. It would be so easy, requiring no more than a thought. The cheering of the crowd pounded in her ears. One moment she was on a tournament battlefield, hundreds of voices crying out. The next, she was back upon the sand, watching in horror as the Diamond Dogs cut down her foster family one pony at a time as they screamed for help that would not come. With a monumental effort, Flicka tore her mind away from the past. Her shivering ceased. Crow’s voice echoed within her head, comforting as always. What is in the past stays in the past, Flicka. What matters here and now is the present. To dwell on things that have already occurred, or to worry about the future, will only lead you to madness. Flicka knew, deep down, that Crow was right.

She studied her opponent. An earth pony, carrying a giant broadsword. Judging by his rippling muscles, he was well rounded and knew how to use his weapon. She frowned slightly to herself. It looked like it was time to see if her training with the earth pony nomads was really going to be any help in actual combat. She had barely inclined her head to Silver Streak in response to his sign of respect before he was upon her, his sword slicing towards her right side—The same side as her mechanical leg.

Flicka was back upon the sand, watching in painful slow motion as the sword blade bit deep into her right foreleg, slicing directly through the bone. Flicka’s howl of pain never left her mouth as she was suddenly thrust back into the present.

Reacting instinctively, now, Flicka entered a combat roll to the left to avoid Silver's attack, a move that she had practiced a few times before.

Silver's sword struck the ground where a grey mare used to be. He eyed her, now on his right side. 'She's fast, I'll give her that.' he thought, as he pulled his sword out of the ground, backing slightly away from her. 'I may need to be faster. Now, to surmise her offensive abilities.' Facing Flicka, Silver held up his sword in defense, eyeing her carefully.

>>Approved by ShadowBro

Approved by Twilight at Dusk

((Apologies for delay. Took forever for a judge to approve me, even when I sent it to like, 5. Let us play some catch up! Also, please tag me in a reply so I can tell when you've made your next move. Thanks.))

Flicka exited her roll, snapping about to face Silver once more. She had been expecting another attack headed her way, but Silver waited, eyeing her carefully. Flicka did not think he had expected her to move as quickly as she did. Flicka went on the attack this time, bounding forward with a strong leap. As she did so, her magic conjured an ultra thin dagger, designed to maim. Flicka landed off to the left side of Silver and slashed at his left knee.

((Don't worry about it, it's understandable. Thankfully, we've got an extension for tomorrow, so woot for that!))

Silver went to block a possible kick, unfortunately missing the dagger until it was almost too late. He moved to back away, but Silver earned himself a nice cut below his knee for his efforts. 'Tch, nice. No more underestimation. Now it's a real fight!' He thought, glowering at his opponent.

Silver analyzed possible attack routes, thinking about how he could use the field to his advantage. It was unfortunate he couldn't appreciate the arena for what it's worth. Maybe after the fight...no matter. Coming to a conclusion, Silver moved towards Flicka, slashing his broadsword upwards, carrying some gravel with it. His aim was to disorient, if not wound.

>>Approved by inoeitall

Approved by SwiftEthan, Garion

Flicka snorted, not even bothering to shy away from the flying gravel. She had been in desert sandstorms worse than this attempt to disorient. The rocks stung her face, but her long hair and cyborg monocle protected her most venerable features: Her ice blue eyes. Even as Flicka moved back out of the sword’s reach, her monocle was darting all over the field before her, drawing up attack vectors and attack positions almost faster than she could keep up. Deciding on a slightly different tactic, Flicka bounded forward for a second time, dagger aimed low. At the same time, she summoned another blade off to one side of Silver, in an attempt to attack him from two fronts.

Silver was able to see the second dagger form as Flicka came towards him, and prepared tactics while the daggers came towards him. In one fluid motion, Silver brought the sword down, deflecting the recently created dagger and blocking the one she has. He held the block for a moment, before breaking off and backing away a little.

'Don't give her a chance to attack.' He thought, sounding a little too much like his teacher. 'As your fight progresses, look for weak points.' Hoping not to waste any time for her to recover, Silver moved forwards, aiming his sword into a powerful thrust.

>>Approved by Garion

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Voting:
MakeshiftBrony

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Voting:
Flicka

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13