The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 3524 )
  • Viewing 3,301 - 3,350 of 3,524

700330 ((I know, but I'd rather RP with Trixie. Besides, I was useing "Trixie" in leu of "you".))

[[Just saw that there was another page...]]

"Yeah, give me a second," Moonfrost said before going to work and disconnecting the tube carefully from the rest of the system. "Alright, got it, yeah, I may not know exactly how your tech works, but this doesn't look good," she said holding the piece up in front of Crafter so he could see it.

Crafter's horn lit up with with his dark blue aura, enveloping the flattened tube. An instant later, the part popped back into it's original form. "There we go, good as new."

"That's useful, now what about the wires?" Moonfrost asked as she took the tube from with her own pale blue aura and began to refit it back into place.

"Special talent." Crafter bragged. "As for the wires: their going to need to be swapped out. I'm going to also need you to take out whatever the effected wires were connected to so I can fix them."

"Got it, just give me... one.. second.. got it!" Moonfrost said, successfully pulling the wires and their affected components from the the access panel, "Ouch, that lava really did a number on your equipment," she noted looking at the fried components.

"Don't remind me." Crafter said flatly. "Just hold up each of the effected components in front of me. Ditzy, could you please get some spare wire ready?"

"On it boss!" Ditzy said, giving him a mock salute.

"Okay, wouldn't it be easier to do maintenance outside the suit?" she asked holding up the components in front of Crafter and allowing his magic to take over the pieces.

"A minor design flaw: the suit can only unpack when the box is worn." Crafter stated factually. "MK II will not have the unpack feature, but something much easier to keep maintained."

"Ah, well could you not then put it on a modelling figure?" She asked, more curious about the inner workings of the suit than anything else. Moonfrost then chuckled slightly, "At least you can pack your's in a nice box. Brazen's exoKrieg can fold up into something that can only fit into an extra large saddlebag, so he ends up just wearing it most of the time, like a second coat."

"I did use a modeling figure initially." Crafter said sheepishly. "Didn't want to get a measurement wrong and have it A) not fit, or B) crush me."

"Well, that's a bit safer than what he did," Moonfrost said looking at Brazen as he battled with Liya. "He just built it using his body as the model, and just wore it the entire week of the festival," she laughed as she reminisced of the first time they entered the festival together.

Under his helmet, Crafter was raising an eyebrow in shock. "Thats... not very safe." He stated, instantly fixing the parts held before him.

"No, no it isn't, but you've seen him fight, and that is the best way to see how he thinks. He plans as he goes, and adapts to the situation to make the best of it, so he knew what he was doing moment he strapped the first limb to his leg. He was testing it while showing it off at the festival. Afterwards, he told me that it wasn't completed, and he thinks that's why he didn't win," Moonfrost said while trying to hold back her laughter at how crazy her fiance actually was.

If he could have shook his head, he would have. "Everyone has their own method I suppose." Crafter said, waiting for Moonfrost to reinstall the fixed parts.

Moonfrost just nodded as she took the wires Ditzy offered and reinstalled the the newly fixed pieces back into the cannon's port. "There, that should do it."

Powering up the armor and closing the access panel, Crafter started the system check. "Everything looks good from in here, green across the board."

"That's good to hear, I hate having broken equipment," Moonfrost said with a frustrated smile as she remembered all of the times she had broken her tools and equipment.

"Crafter's stuff never stays broken for long." Ditzy said with a chuckle.

The armor was then folded up into the box on the tinkerer's back. "Now that's one item on my agenda checked off." Crafter said with a satisfied sigh.

"I noticed that, how can you fix things so easily?" Moonfrost asked as she watched the armour pack itself back into its box.

"Special talent." Crafter said simply. "Fixing things and writing books are what I do best."

"Ah okay, like Brazen's ability to see and alter the 'code' as he calls it," Moonfrost said using her hooves to air-quote the word code.

"Exactly." Crafter said with a nod.

"He can alter the 'code'?" Ditzy asked in confusion. "Like he can change how ponies are feeling?"

"Not really, he has an affinity for metal, so he can manipulate that with ease, he can also alter his own code for the sake of keeping his body in peak performance, as for altering anything else? Well he can alter magic being cast at him in a form of defense, but he can't alter what other people think or feel, or at least not to my knowledge. He is too good of a stallion to do that anyways," Moonfrost said with a wistful smile.

"D-do you think he could tell me what my foal is?" Ditzy asked, putting a hoof on her growing stomach.

"I don't see why not, males and female have unique codes to him," Moonfrost said shrugging, "The only reason I know anything about it are due to being with him for so long, and that he decided to write a journal on it," she said lifting up a book from her saddlebag.

Ditzy smiled happily. "When do you think he'll be able to do it? I'm really curious."

"Probably once he's done with his fight," Moonfrost chuckled, pointing to Brazen and Liya's fight.

Ditzy's ears folded back in disappointment. "Oh ok. That makes since."

[[we can say that the fight is over and RP somewhere else if you'd like]]

700959((shall we go to the tavern then?))

[[Okay well lets I'll write a quick outro from the arena for us and we can start again in the tavern or something.]]

Moonfrost just smiled, "Don't worry, he should be done soon, and then we can-"

"Hey you two!" Brazen said with a worn smile on his face as he walked up to Moonfrost, "Hey honey," he said before giving her a peck on the lips, "So, shall we head to the tavern? I could use a drink after that fight!" he said with a smile as he tried to lead them out of the arena, for he was very thirsty.

[[you can reply here or do a thread jump, up to you]]

701006((to the tavern!))
"That sounds like a wonderful idea." Ditzy agreed.

[[I'm already there!]]

Eh? She thought, noting how he actually dodged that. No matter. My next attack will- woah! She was forced to jump away, out of reach of the bladed legs.
She skidded slightly across the ground, letting her blades hover back beside her.
"Phew," she said, giving him a large grin. "You actually managed to force me to move. Good job," Tsuki, the blue blade with the black & white hilt, started glowing. The blue sheen that enveloped the hilt spread to the blade. "Not many can do that."

The blade raised up in the air, surged forwards and made to slash him across the face.
It didn't, however. Instead, it slashed into ground just a meter in front of Brazen, causing a cone of telekinetic energy to blast from the point where the sword touched the ground.
The cone was roughly two meters wide, one meter to each side of the blade.

[[I'm assuming you meant to put Brazen as the name instead lol.]]

"Well, you sounded like you wanted me at my fastest," Brazen replied with a smirk, he noticed a shift in her magic over the blue blade, "So, I'm gonna give it to you!" With that he ran at Tsuki head on before suddenly teleporting out of the slash of the blade and the ensuing telekinetic blast and reappearing in front of Liya, facing her only a few centimeters away, "Hi there!"

"Hello to you too," She said blinking both of the remaining swords out of existence and back into existece again; One with its blade at Brazen's throat, the other at his neck.
While she knew that her current position was a precarious one, she was confident she could block whatever attack may come in.
"I wouldn't move if I were you." She said, clearly talking about the blades currently ready to slice his neck.

((The 'blink' is instantaneous. Or, almost so. It takes roughly half a second from disappearing to re-appearing.))

Seeing the blades flash into existance right around his neck, he didn't worry too much, the metal scarf around his neck could easily hold them off long enough for an escape. Instead of teleporting again, he decided to heed Liya's words as he formulated a new plan.

"Don't have to," Brazen said with a smirk, without another word, he shot out three small bullets of brass from the barrel section of his armour. At the extremely close range, and their speed slower than a bullet from a pistol, but faster than a crossbow bolt, dodging was out of the question.

[[If we're going by loose tournament rules, I let you do your move and didn't react to it, so I eliminate your reaction.]]

"Argh!" She exclaimed. Those bullets hurt!
As her reflex, both of her swords both of the swords pressing loesely against his neck and throat, quickly pushed against the scarf, cutting through it with relative ease. She kept her eyes trained on Brazen, not wanting to let herself lose track of his movements.

((We're talking Soshu Kitae Katana, the sturdiest and by far sharpest of Katana. They cut trough platemail without much problem, so I doubt that your scarf is going to be any hindrance.))

[[fair enough]]

Brazen felt the blade at the back of his neck, slice through his scarf and into his flesh, it would have been worse had the metal of his armour deflected the angle ever so slightly, keeping calm, Brazen looked Liya in the eyes with a smirk, "We're at an impasse, do you know why?"

Quickly, Brazen teleported away one more time, directly behind Liya, about three meters away, and facing her. "Well, now we're not, but we were, and would you like to know why?" He asked again, curious to see if the mare knew what he did.

Teleported, Again!? This is getting annoying. Liya mentally scolded.
She closed her eyes for a brief moment, blinking all her swords out of existence. While doing so, she gathered as much power as she possibly could in roughly 1½ second, and unleashed a powerful 360 degrees telekinetic blast.

She had heard Brazen talk from right behind her, and knew that he was close enough to not be able to dodge this. Her gathering power gave little away, as her horn's glow made no pause at any point. The only warning he may have had was 'the code'. But even so, she was faster with telekinesis than anypony she had ever met.

I guess she doesn't know, Brazen thought with a smirk. Seeing he build up her magic for a quick second, he barely had time to react to the blast. He rolled backwards in an attempt to go with the force of the hit. It had worked for the most part, but it still knocked him on his arse.

Upon recovering from the blast, Brazen decided to show Liya why they were at an impasse instead of saying why. With a flash of his horn, the bullets that had landed in her arms and barrel began to spin rapidly and change shape within her body, luckily they weren't too deep to not be able to be removed, but it would hopefully take her sometime to do it.

[[he has a scrying spell on his brass, so he knows where it is at all times, I roleplayed the crap out of it when Brazen was repaying Aurora for helping Candy.]]

"That hurts!" She shouted, turning her telekinesis inwards and forcefully pulling the bullets out. Her leather armour had taken quite a bit of the force, so they weren't really that difficult to get out. But it still hurt.
She turned towards Brazen again. Her horn started to glow, but it didn't do anything visible.

What it did do, however, was to stop the small wounds from bleeding with small plugs of telekinetic force.
"Heh," She grinned. "You're quite the ingenious one. I hadn't expected that. Though, don't expect me to go easy on you anymore." She added the last part as a serious warning. She was not holding back anymore.

"So we're taking the kiddie gloves off eh? Fine by me," Brazen retorted, he then quickly pulled the small bullets back to his armour and made slight adjustments to the look of his armour. Instead of the normal Royal Guard outfit he usually wore, the brass began to melt and shift into a new shape, it was obvious he had done this before. The new look was mostly aesthetic, but it had some advantages for what he'd plan to do with it. The brass along his body no longer showed any joints or breaks, it flowed seamlessly into a long snake-like tail, and if one looked closely, there were scale patterns all along the armour. The two things that stuck out most were his helmet and where the scarf was placed, as his helmet now looked like that of a large snake baring its fangs, this was not aesthetic in the slightest, as he could very easily use them to 'bite' down on an opponent. The scarf was now only wrap once around his neck, and then ran along the entire length of his back, down to his 'tail'. This was mostly aesthetic, but it also served a purpose. this transformation of sorts lasted for about a second as he had become so accustomed to shaping brass that he needn't have to focus in order to move it.

With a crack of his neck, and a sudden seriousness to his eyes, his exoKrieg came to life even more so than before. Small blue lines etched across some portions of the suit while others vented a bit of steam, but the sound it produced never got any louder than before as the device shifted in to overdrive, "Ready when you are," he offered.

[[P.S. sorry about the wall o' text.]]

Liya grinned widely before changing to a more stoic expression. She closed her eyes and made her mouth a simple thin line. Her stance relaxed and a feeling of serenity surrounded her.

Her code, however, was explosive, chaotic and thrumming.
Liya opened her eyes and they shone with a pale blue, almost white, light. A short burst of power emitted from her, whipping her mane and tail around in its wind. From the ground, around her or just floating in the air, cobalt blue tantacles of raw telekinetic energy appeared, moving to and fro like the tail of a cat.

"Be careful." She said, her shining eyes fixed on Brazen, "I may very well snap every single bone in your body like this. I suggest utmost caution." With that, one of the tentacles shot towards him with incredible speed. It was roughly thirty centimeters in width, and its length was continuingly extended. Its starting point was still to the right of Liya's side.

((This is basically what she does, though at a bit larger scale.))

"I could say the same," was all Brazen said as the tentacle sped towards him, but with his exoKrieg in overdrive, it moved slowly to him, at least slowly relative to it's actual speed. With a quick burst of speed, easily twice as fast as before, he bolted towards the tentacle/ Just before it made contact, he ducked and slid underneath and to the right of it, and with his armour the way it was, he looked like a snake slithering towards his prey. With a quick stomp of his hooves, he was airborne and ready to strike.

With the speed Brazen was already moving forward, he easily and quickly cleared the air over the mare. When he landed behind her, his eyes were a light with an amber glow. He had already turned around and lashed out with a spinning swipe of his 'tail' and adding more weight to it by shifting some of the mass of the rest of his armour, while also altering the code of the brass to be a bit more disruptive in the telekinetic department.

[[basically altered how his brass reacts to telekinetic forces meaning it won't encounter as much resistance from it and be more likely to pas through it. He can only do this for so long as the brass isn't normally in that state and he isn't strong enough yet to manipulate late it on a permanent basis, so think of it like a temporary enchantment.]]

[[Oh also, there's a trade off, it doesn't hurt as much physically, and makes a softer blow, but at the speed he is attacking, he is hoping it won't make a difference.]]

Liya didn't have to move. The air around was static with her magical force, and a tentacle quickly interrupted the 'tail', bashing it to the side. Two others tentacles then made their way towards Brazen from his upper and and upper left. He would not be able to jump straight up without being hit. And even then, they moved with a considerable speed.
The two tantacles, apart from just speeding towards him, would attempt to wrap themselves around him and hold him in a vise grip that would break threaten to break bone without the armour.

• Viewing 3,301 - 3,350 of 3,524