The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 269 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 269

does a match count as forfeit if a contestant doesn't post after 24 hours?

Because I've been waiting 19 hours so far for Noyoki1's next post and it's still not showing up.

Nope, disqualification occurs after 48 hours without a post.

606239 ok, though it sseems Noyoki1 has already forfeited. I hope whatever is going on isn't too severe.

I guess it depends on the weapon. My character is equipped with a bow, and his S level strength gives me an excuse to make it a high poundage. If you do not speak archery, that means the string is a lot harder to draw back, and the arrows can be launched with more force. Agility, I assume could play a big role in accuracy, as a character with more finesse could judge a shot better than a slow and clumsy one who might drop the arrow.

The same could apply to throwing knives and such, but I can't really say much about magic.

Quick question when it comes to people's voting.

Why are people voting for Tast over Corvus, when Corvus's character has the clear advantadge? Not to mention he's been in control of the fight the entire time.

I, too, am somewhat curious about this. Can we have someone step forward to explain their position?

621930>>622035
1. People can't see it.

2. Tast has friends who want him to win, regardless of how 'good' he is.

3. Tast is simply more popular, which some voting contests end up devolving to, popularity contests.

No one is going to admit to any of those three, considering it violates the vote-whoring policies of Razorbeam. So they're going to keep their mouths shut about their votes.

I voted for Corvus myself.

I guess that explains things... but I do hope it changes.

I honestly think Razorbeam should intervene in this case... I mean it seems obvious that Corvus' the better RPer.

Yeah... but that would be really controversal.

Razorbeam
Group Admin

It would be very controversial, and there's little I can do. There is no way for me to prevent the votes from being swayed by popularity other than to do what i already have, and explain how and why I expect people to vote. If they will not listen to me, I can't stop them. This site doesn't have a firm enough level of control to allow for such a thing, and even in reality it tends to happen overwhelmingly. In the end, voting becomes about what is popular, not what is sensible. It only happens by fortune that the two ever overlap.

Long story short, whether I agree or not there's nothing I can do about how the other people cast their votes. Best I (or anyone else) can do is vote properly myself.

Feh, you've been regaining some ground so far today. Who knows-- you might tie it up, or even take the lead. :P

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 269