World-Building Alliance 2,162 members · 839 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Many forgot that fairies were in G1, in fact the fairy races were a big deal in the comics thanks to the ponies living next door to their kingdoms and being friends with most of them. This is why I declared it would be a good idea to make a list of all the fairy races that were in G1. Keep three things in mind when reading this, we are using the old school term for what is and what isn't fairy because that how they did it G1 comics and I like that. And two most these races were just human with maybe wings and they all came in three sizes, tiny fiary size, dwarf size, and human size, and this isn't for races but individuals. By the way the bigger ones were normally in charge. And finally I'm just using one part for their names as they would often add a second part to their fairy type that no one was ever to sure if meant they were different they the others somehow of if that was just their group name.

Fairies: This one should you know what they look like by name, well the big ones did while the tiny ones normally didn't have wings.

elves: I never could tell them apart from the other fairies in the comics.

Dwarfs: Funny thing, most of the dwarfs were working as the foot soldiers to bad guys

Kobolds: No the didn't look like lizards, they were just tiny people

Gnomes: These guys were in the show normally taking the place of humans, by being shorter humans with weird ears. In the comics they just look like the other fairy races.

Goblins: First off goblins are fairies in myth, second off in the show they were monster people but in the comics they were just tiny people.

Hobgoblins: In the comics they kind of look like monkey people without tails.

Trolls: There were two designs for the trolls in the comics, big monster person, and angry gnome. In the show we saw two and they were just deform people by their looks.

Giants: They were everywhere in the comics, even Santa Claus was a giant.

Leprechauns: Yes they look just like what you think they look like.

Sprite: They normally had wings, but not always

Ogres: Nothing but smaller giants in G1. There was one in the G4 comics however

Wisp: The only ones we saw had wings but we were told that some live underground and underwater

Pixie: More tiny people

Imps: Well there were fairies in the comics as strange as that may sound, and they normally died by the hooves of the ponies because the G1 comics weren't big on reforming villains.

Pillywiggins: These are lesser known flower fairies for those who don't know, and in the comics they were tiny people with flowers on their heads

Mermaids: They were fairies in Irish myth and they are in the G1 comics.

Snorkelgrouts: I'm not really sure if they were fairies or not but they look like them. Also I think this was an original race as I never heard of them anyway else. They were tiny people (excerpt for their King) who were cover in spikes.

Daffodown Dillies: Another race of fairies with flowers on their heads, I think these were also original.

Hubble-Bubbles: Round fairies that live in bubbles on clouds, also original I believe.

Wind wavers: Fairies that control the wind and could fly without wings.

Ride-abouts: I'm not really sure if they were fairies but they look like them except they had wheels for feet.

Spirits: There were a lot of different kind of spirits that were just either mermaids with wings or fairies in terms of looks.

I think that Changelings are the only G4 race to be kinda fairy like now.

Especially because Changelings were the full on out name of Fairy Children way back when.

While you aren't the only one who thinks that they aren't label as fairies which is why I didn't count them, same with the breezies

I would think Breezies count as fairies.

Breezies, merponies, seaponies, changelings, windigos, the pony of shadows, (G 4) grogar, sombra, parasprites, draconequus', normal sized humans, and mentioned ogres are the closest we have to all of these above so far.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5