MoonLight 848 members · 76 stories
Comments ( 199 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 199
janushyde
Group Contributor

True, though given how often I see the words "Silver light of the moon." used in a fic can you blame me?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292618 Not really.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

I wonder, would Nightmare allow twilight to call her "Luna" in such a way?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292624 Depends on the story. If it's a universe where Nightmare really is Luna, then I'd imagine so when they were in private.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

True, here's one for you what do you get the mare you love for hearts and hooves day if said mare is an immortal princess?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292631 The best damn sex of their life. A night to remember. :raritywink: Joking. Not entirely sure, but the answer is bound to be surprisingly simple and from the heart.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Probibly, thought the latter would be a nice bonus.:trollestia: I wonder if we'll see any intrestig Moonlight fics as October draws nearer?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

292634 Hopefully. I've recently come to the realization that the lack of MoonLight stories helps make ours more unique, but I'd still like to see a few more.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

That's a good point there.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

So, my brother, known on this site as Behold The Awesome, came up with a brilliant new explanation for the alicorns following the advent of Cadance.

He suggests that they are like The Endless from The Sandman comic series. They all represent a certain aspect of the reality, or, in the case of the show, the world. They're ageless, but not immortal. They can die. Even so, there must always be an alicorn for what they represent. There must always be one for the sun even if Celestia dies. Therefore, in the case of an alicorn dying a specific mortal, possibly chosen by the dead alicorn, must ascend to the role.

Cadance would represent love, but she was not always an alicorn. She became the alicorn of love after her predecessor died somehow. Celesita and Luna would likely be two of the original alicorns. Leaves you to wonder how many other aspects might be represented by alicorns huh?

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Huh intresting idea.

My though is there are ponies with wings and a horn that are not 'true' alicorns like Celestia and Luna. And they are common enough (at least in the royal family) to not be worthy of comment to ponies when they see one.

And cause they are not all able to live 1000+ years, results in Twilight not connecting Celestia to the older sister in the storybook in the pilot.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That actualy explains quite a bit really. Must be a tricky gene though as they are rare but not so rare as to be unheard of.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293631 Potentially...That could make sense as well.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm I'm tempted to share my theory on Discord.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293638 SHARE IT!!!:flutterrage:

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eep Fluttershy! I-I err, fine.

Basicaly Discord was created by the raw energies tht formed the planet itself. While the spirt of choas is an apt monicer for it it's mearly because he represents power without restraint or guidence. He is creation without bounds of rhyme or reason. As for why he doesn't mind destruction and death for the new to be born the old must die.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293643 I wonder if Discord knows Destruction? Probably, I wouldn't be surprised if HE'S the one that made Delight into Delirium. As I said before, I think that's a good way to explain Discord's origin.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Destuction, Delight and Delirium must be OCs of yours.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293675 No. They're The Endless. From The Sandman comic series. Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire and Despair, and Delight/Delirium. Seven in total. I won't go into it since this isn't really the place, but you should totally check out the comic series. Death is best incarnation of death ever imagined.

The point that relates to what is being discussed is that Destruction is the aspect of change, and Delight was once the aspect of happiness. She became the aspect of insanity instead. I brought them up since altogether they sound like Discord. :derpytongue2:

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah, maybe if it's a trade otherwise naw unless it's a certain kind of Simpson comic or a futrama comic i go for trades.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293687 It's from the eighties. You're more likely to find it in complete volumes covering the seperate arcs in a book store. Now, back on topic...Who else agrees that Night could've kicked Chrysalis' plot at the wedding, unlike Celestia.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

It is possible and given that she's a shape shifter herself she might spot tells that others Twilight included would miss. Also I bet she'd be more outraged that some shapeshifter was not only threatning her city but also screwing around with both her family and twilight's like that.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293692 While I can see her being pissed about Twilight's family being messed with, would she even perceive Cadance as her family? A thousand years away, and there's an alicorn that's supposedly Celestia's niece. Would she care about claims to kinship via Celestia?

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

That's a good point still the apprent rarity(damn puns.) of Alicorns might cause her to take the matter into considderation.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293696 Defense of her own kind? I guess with Twilight's influence I can see that.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Heh, well Twilight does tend to bring out the best in others.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293704 Particularly in her, formerly, malevolent and, still very, aggressive lover.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

I wonder if Nightmare would get a kick out of Twilight Sparkle 50 caliber machine gun?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293711 Get a kick? Man, she'd have to restrain herself from throwing Twilight on the ground, and doing her in the streets. :rainbowlaugh:

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Heh that's a mental image, Nightmare grabbing Twilight up in her magic after the whole mess was done with and rushing off to her chambers Twilight in tow.

Better than Disc World's Death?

Neice means related through a sister/brother, which if she really is (though a few greats would be involved) would make her Luna's decendent.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293723 Yes. Nothing beats the Sandman's Death. I'm not exaggerating when I say she is the end-all be-all when it comes to personifications of death. I'm not joking. She IS Death.

I'm not saying she isn't. The question is whether Nightmare would perceive her as family. That's not even taking into account if Nightmare believes her. That's assuming the alicorn does. Does she give a shit if Cadance is related to her? Considering Nightmare's absence for a thousand years I don't think so. If I were her I wouldn't consider any family to have popped up in the missing time as anything other than a relative. Not family. I would acknowledge them only to the extent I needed to. I can't say Nightmare would behave differently.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Seems reasonable, after all there's blood relation and then there's family.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293750 Exactly.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, I wonder how would Nightmare Moon react to the Ursa Minor insodent? I mean the show itself stops with Twilight's report but you can't expect me to beleive that they mayor wouldn't have to report that insodent to anyone especialy given that property damage was done and lives were nearly lost.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293929 Assuming we're talking about an AU where she's in charge, Night would've assigned guards to Ponyville in all likelyhood. If for no other reason than to keep the residents from being a danger to themselves...And she would've "congratulated" Twilight in a very personal manner.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Heh the great and powerfull prisoner.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293936 Oh, yes. I suppose she also would've imprisoned Trixie to torture her consistently for insulting Twilight. She, of course, wouldn't tell Twilight this. After all, Twilight would want to be merciful, and Trixie does not deserve that.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm such a thoughtfull queen.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293939 Don't you mean lover?

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh don't want to beat the idea into the ground do we?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293942 Yes. Yes we do.

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Oh give the poor thing a break we've basicaly suplexed it from the top of the empire state building by now.

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293945 No! It shall not have a break! And do you know why!? Because it can take it! It can take all the pain and suffering we put it through, and it will grow stronger for it! It won't ever stop! It won't ever give in, and it will never be beat! Do you understand!? This shipping...is the shipping...THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!!:flutterrage:

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Really? How so?

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293950 You derp! YOU DON'T QUESTION AWESOME! YOU SIMPLY ACCEPT IT!

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nope, I will question because i can!

Echos of a Dream
Group Contributor

293954 Ah well then. Your loss. No awesome for you. :rainbowwild:

---
Sleep tight

janushyde
Group Contributor

Oh no I agree it's awsome i just want a breakdown of the awsome that's no crime is it?

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 199
Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!