MoonLight 856 members · 78 stories
Comments ( 199 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 199
janushyde
Group Contributor

Well atleast we know what to expect now.

Since I brought up a crossover with Fate/Zero in the other thread, can anyone picture Nightmare Moon attending the discussion in the early part of this episode? Or at least have some interesting thoughts about it to share?

For those wondering, it has Alexander the Great, Gilgamesh, and King Arthur drinking wine together and have a philosophical debate about rulership. :pinkiecrazy:

My thoughts are the consentration of egotism would reach critical and create a black hole. :twilightoops: :trollestia:

your link redirects to main instead of a episode for some (like me) due to :"Sorry, this video is not available in your region due to licensing restrictions." just thought i would mention that

as for NMM joining them in the discussion...that would be awesome, i imagine that gilgamesh would probably get along best with her.

You could always pick a fan fic and use its depiction as a basis.

And yes Arthur is 'Saber' (for some reason, they decided to have Arthur to have secretly have been a woman... though that would explain why 'his' Queen wanted to go out with someone else), Alexander in 'Rider, and Gilgamesh is 'Archer'. Forgot that they avoid names, as in the competition they were summoned for giving away their name can aid the enemy greatly.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I wonder if Nightmare's rule wouldn't be something akin to Scar's rule from the Lion King she wanted the respect and admiration of her people but when it didn't come as fast as she assumed it was due she tried to force it from her subject putting her subjects lives in incredible jepordy. She would deny them the very light they needed to live just for the sake of her own ego in some ways that makes her just as bad as the likes of neor and Caligula.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh if anything it's a educated guess on my part I mean she did try to stop the sun from rises twice.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I have and enjoy it quite a bit. As an added plus it shows that a Twilight Spy (Spylight?) story can work without any trouble with enough thought put into it. I hope it updates soon as I can't wait to see how the mane five will react once they learn the truth.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm I wonder if she doesn't have some kind of dependancy issues? She does seem to become very attached to her friends and her relationship with Celestia seems to be something that she both strives for and is terribly burdined by.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nah I wouldn't do that to her, maybe it came about because of the commendation she got from her studies in magic?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Eh I hadn't really thought about it, though i guess I might have been toying with something close to Munchousen by proxie where a parent/ family membor of some one wants the attention of a doctor so thus puts themselves in a position of a caretaker to someone else as a means to try and earn said affection recignition by how "Well" they treat thier dependant.

it most likely couldn't work that way in this situation but it was just an idel thought anyway.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah, like i said it was just a thought.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That, is very well done, I couldn't tell you what the media it was made with, or the style used but none the less that is quality work.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I really like the way her mane turned out it's so cool.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Soo, many tumblers to check.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Naw, i was just musing about the ones a already follow thank you though.

It looks like people that have submitted stories to the group were ranked up. Ranks are given out on group admin descresion, and Dr. Jekyll has been always been setting people with stories in the Twilight Sparkle group to that rank.

So how is working your plot off going?

Namely I am wondering if I should try staying up a bit longer and seeing if anything come out or not. While that would be suprisingly fast, it is hard to go to sleep without knowing for sure. :pinkiecrazy:

janushyde
Group Contributor

Destraction aside I'm hoping to have a chapter up later this week. The destraction in question being the copy of Monster Hunter Tri I got my hands on.

The Throne? She is royalty so that is likely not an issue. Are you sure it is not about dominating everything?

Well, if Twilight is symbolic for 'everything', then wouldn't her actions with Twilight be symbolic for what she wants with everything?

janushyde
Group Contributor

She wants Twilight because Twilight is best pony and Nightmare Moon/Luna deserves the best of everything.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Tocatta and Fuge in D minor a classic work from J. S. Bach that holds up well even to this day. Though that's just my weird taste in music talking.

the best consort (Twilight Sparkle of course)

Apperently, as she is the only pony who has much support when it comes to being shipped with an alicorn. Followed by Fluttershy, who is mainly only shipped with Luna. It is suprising Rarity with her goals of entering the upper class is not shipped with on of the rulers.

So appenently Twilight is largely considered the only one suitible for alicorns.

Don't know, there must have been a rather inspirational fic that shipped them. Or some fans think shipping most easily frightened pony with the Mistress of the Night is a wonderful idea (something like Fluttershy liking being scared...).

There is a group for it.

Sure, if you have a good way to bring him into the story.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I think the Lunashy comes from how they are both so usure of themsevles but express it in diffrent ways and the who Fluttershy hug from Luna Eclipsed. That though is just me guessing.

Hmm, It could work but the how and why of a dragon egg showing up in Equestria lands unattended for who knows how long and still not dead from neglect will need explaining. then you would have need of a pluasible reason for the both of them to want to take it in. Twilight would likely be the more accepting of the two Nightmare on the other hand might not be escpecaly depending on the current situation the two are in when they find the egg.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Heh indeed world building is so much fun.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Wild cat was also known for training up and comming heros if what I've seen of him on atman brave and the Bold and JLA Unlimited is correct. As for a name Bucking Bronco? er no wait Wild Bronco I keep forgetting what "Bucking" can also mean in Equestria.

Are you sure about Rarity? Shouldn't Applejack be the one with the Lasso or Truth?

Rarity can play all the damsels in distress, Fluttershy... Any hero other than Super Man get some type of eye based power?

janushyde
Group Contributor

In an attempt to continue my marvle analogs Professer Celestia, Dr. Discord, Spike Cage, and Fluttershy as Elixer.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I was referring to Professor X(Charles Xaviore) leader of the X men and aside from the Pheonix the world's most powerfull Telepath, Dr. Victore Von Doom, A fantastic Four Villian who rules his own nation and is a master of Scince and Magic, Luke Cage, a mostly typical superhero known for his bullet proof skin, strong healing factor and physical strength, and Elixer is a member of the X Men I think he's been killed off or depowered but when he was active he could use his ability to do stuff like regrow someone's heart.

To be honest I'm not quite sure the evil spirt idea has appeal but then that takes the majority of the blame off of Luna.

I think I rather prefer the idea of Nightmare being something akin to a split personality that has become a full being of its/her own. Nightmare's relationship with Luna would be complex while not wanting to be cast away or outright "pureified" to death she would avoid and probibly resent her greatly and thus avoid her. yet having at one time been a part of Luna she would also not want to see her misrible or harmed.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Even though the world that Equestria is in is saturated with magic to a truely scary degree and thus justifies the possiblity of her finding a way to replace the sun I can't say I support Nightmare's halting of the solar cycle. I don't begrudge her the reason for her wrathfull actions nor her anger I just can't justify the near depopulation of life her plan seems to activly strive for.

janushyde
Group Contributor

That does seem likely but even if she does settle down to a degree how would she react if she found a way to keep the stars visible at all times yet they were stil for the most part ignored?

I don't mean to insult her but she sems to not grasp that ponies don't so much frolic in the daylight as they live in it. How does that old saying go? "Familarity breeds contempt?" Do the ponies truely revel in the beauty of each day or do they only acknowledge it from time to time? Either way that is more than luna's night appeared to get so she saw the grass was greener on her sister's side of the fence.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Would she be willing to accept that though? We're talking about someone willing to stop the son to get the attention and affection she craves. It might not be in her to accept the fact that love can't be forced.

janushyde
Group Contributor

It might indeed help to ease her into the realisation that love can't be forced. Though that just brings up the question of how possesive she'll be of the one who does show her the love that she so despretly craves.

Why am I waxing philisophic today?

janushyde
Group Contributor

That would be intresting, I'm assuming Twilight was living with her parents and brother when Nightmare caught wind of her and set the adoption into gear. While I can see Twilight coming around in time she might be a bit resentfull at first., given how she was taken from her family like that.

The real damage though would come from the fall out of this. twilight's family would resent Nightmare more than they already did(assuming they weren't nutrel at first.) Then the public at large could use this as fuel for thier hate fore her. "Look what happened to the one filly that did care! Practicly stolen from her bed and chained to the Empress side! She truely is a monster! Never trust her! Never love the night!"

Huh from psude philosphy to melodrma I'm in a weird mood today.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I can almost imagin how that conversation would play out. Twilight dissolving into tears after she's fianly had eough and saying something like this. "Did you think I couldn't FEEL!? Did I even matter to you? Was I nothing more but a doll with a string to be pulled at your leasure? I don't hate you, I PITY you! All the powerand weath in the world and not a drop of respect, love, or affection! Well I've ad enough of bowing to your whims {I]EMPRESS I'm leaving!"

janushyde
Group Contributor

"...You really mean that? I'm not just some possession some novelty that you'll tire of?"

janushyde
Group Contributor

"I... I alright it's only fair to give somepony a second chance after all." Twilight hesitently replied walking up to Nightmare Moon and nuzzling against her chest.

janushyde
Group Contributor

It would make for an intresting story no doubt to see someone with so much power being so dependant upon someone so small and seemingly helpless by contrast.

janushyde
Group Contributor

yeah it would be, though i still think that the reactions of Nightmare's subjects at large would have to be a key element to the story especialy after Twilight gives nightmare a second chance and slowly comes to feel for her. Oh dear lord what the press would be able to do with that, Throw in the bombshell of Twilight eventualy becoming her consort and watch the fireworks fly.

janushyde
Group Contributor

The reaction of the press is part of the reason why I created the ever unpopular Green Ink awhile ago. No matter how much power Nightmare Moon has she'd never be able to totaly silence the press.

And before she brought her hoof down I can see her treatment by the press as a motivating factor for her being a very athoritarion ruler as there would be ponies who didn't spar taking shots at her from the get go. Granted there wouldn't be many and they would likely be delt with but it seems like a reaction that would occur.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Ah, I was assuming that inspite of your mentioning of when Twilight was born that this was still modern Equestria. Because even though the show was set up for Nightmare to fall Celestia's plan got VERY lucky as the old saying goes. "Plans never survive first contact with the enimey." Murphie's law and the adge about the best laid plans also seem to support this.

What would have happened if Twilight didn't happen to be reading the right book at the right time? Much less if the rest of the main six weren't willing to follow her into the Everfree to further beat this into the ground.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Never heard of peter's law but I call bullshite on that. I'm run a fowl of it far too much to say Murphie's law is BS.

I wonder how the dialog between Twilight and Nightmare would play out if Twilight somehow made it there on her own? Nightmare could make a rather good case about how Clestia was wrong and was just using her as a tool and the like.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I never said she'd turn that easily (though I might have implied so buy mistake.) I just means that If Nightmare was thoughfull enough she could plant a seed of doubt there especily if Twilght only just barely got there alive much less in one peice.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Okay new topic, would Nightmare be able(not willing as I assume she would be.) to grant Twilight immortality?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah that thought always hangs over my head when i read a TwilightXAlicorn story(Side note only a matter of time untill she gets paird with cadance.)

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm intresting, though I'm sure there would be other ways around it also how does Moonshine work as a pet name for Nightmare?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Stupid prohibition laws ruining perfectly good pet names. Though those are some good pet names. I was going to say silverlight at first but that just reminds me of something else.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Bright eyes is rather good and yeah that was a cute idea. Also Silverlights were an mP restoring item in the Lunar RPGs full MP restoration no less.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 199
Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!