The Writing Circle ( TWC ) 33 members · 114 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Suddenly I realized...
It is stated by Apple Jack that the Apple family holds a big get together every 100 moons.
MlP-FIM begins with a big "Family reunion" and in s3e08 "Apple Family Reunion" weeeeellll... like the name says... so from s1e01 to s3e08 there had to be 100 moons...

IF we imply that an equestrian year has 13 moons like an earth year and I talk here about moons and not month, than that defines that 7years, 8Month and 9Days went by between s1e01 and s3e08...
I do not and I repeat do NOT believe that, that "Is what was originally intended."

So for we have two other options i see here.

1. and most likely... "9Days moon"
We define one session is one year.
That defines that between s1e01 and s3e08 where 2years, 7month and 11days. more likely... BUT
that means one year has ~38.25 Moons (Moon circles, from full moon to full moon) that's freaking psyco... that would mean ALL 9 days is a full moon...

option two:
the moon is in perfect conter-sync to the sun.
What I mean with that is:
the moon and the sun are ALWAYS on the other side of the Planet from each other.
What effectively means that Every day is a "moon"...
BUT that gives us more problems than it would help:
that means (because in Session one every episode WAS per definition (defined in s2e01 or e02 (lessen zero)) a week apart in Equestria ) that between S01e01 and s03e08 are JUST 100 Days and IF we define that every episode is at least one week apart from each other we would have to fit at least 26+26+8= 60 Weeks in 100days... that... is some what not possible... Ok IF we define 1week = 1 Day... it works ... but that do not really makes scene... BUT we have NO counter evidence that it isn't that way!
So for even if it IS unlikely and stupid it IS a possibility!

So fore I guess option 1. "9Days Moon" is the most likely... as long as we define an Equestrian Day is equal to an earth Day and so on Hour and Minute and Second... etc.

^^

Have a nice Day :coolphoto:

ow and because I have absolutely nothing better to do right now...:

Fat1thatyoulove
Group Admin

Time. That's one thing that has keep me from jumping around to much in my story. But luckily I have created my own time to get around it, so i'll give you mine and my thoughts tat back it.

(Be ready I never leave anything to chance nor do I like simple.) SO how I say it works.

In the beginning there where Three tribes, each bond by there beliefs and there own laws. SO time would be defined by how they would have seen it. WHY??? Well Unicorns controlled the sun and moon so days where at the whim of there will meaning years and days could be short just by one pony saying "Oh fuck lets make it a short day I'm tried from work."

^ so time is what you believe in the before time.

BUT, what about Celesta's rule over the 1,000 years of peace? She would have created her own time because the three tribes became one.

So now like the FIM world time is based in some way of calendar, I would say the new year would be the summer solstice celebration, (WHY ?) Well why the hell would they honer the sun rising that day if it does that like every other day in less that was the start of something new? DUH!

However, they never truly define how the moon works, I.E. phases of the moon like we have(At lease I can't remember them saying they did).

So ya I have no idea how long a month is nor how long a week is IF you wanted to follow the show 100%.

FEAR NOT!

You could just use mine which is based off of this. After Celestia came to power and Luna returned the time would needed to be flipped again that. *(Still mainly following the time that has been there for 1,000 years when the three became one.)* So I believe a year is flipped as power between the two sisters is shared.

Meaning one year it is the Year Of Luna, the next The Year OF Celestia. Making time and age not really relevant because you would not have a B-day for the next sister's year.

^ That makes sense though, Horses and Ponys mature at 5 years old (Real life) meaning 10 years old in the flip year cycle Luna and Celestia would have while in power. I also believe there would be times when the day and night would be shifted more in one direction, I say a Celstia-Half day or a Celstia-Max day, meaning the day may be longer or the night might be shorter (IF you want the reason behind that i'll explain letter if not go with the simple one, it shifts because the moon and sun is in there control and it is subject to there whim.)

Now if you don't want to believe this that's fine its just the way I believe it works seeing as how they never really explain it.

TLDR ???

In the before time there where 3 tribes, they all had there own calendars because the sun and moon where controlled by Unicorns and thus affected by there liking. When Clestia came to power for 1,000 years she had her own way of time (Not defined in the show see the stuff above to understand my rendition of it.) But the time charts would have need to be changed again because when Luna came back they had two rulers meaning they would have need to flip years like in Japan you know year of the tiger year of the lion (Idk if its really japan but you know) So the calendars would be Year of Luna Year of Clestia and flip each year. Making time some what unneeded because B-days would not happen but one ever other year.

TLDR conclusion if you don't want to read anything at all. !!! The show does not clearly define and if you don't want to read how I use it than here is your answer, Time is what you make it because NO ONE is going to call you out on it.

IF they do call you out on your time, happily remind them they are on a site about talking horse and magic, so time should not be the real importance.

(Not important but read if board)
Just my thoughts and opinions, but I put a lot of work into my time cause I like to leave nothing to chance, also if they did give time IN THE SHOW...well than buck you I like my happy world.

Spelling is void in comments.

Fat1thatyoulove
Group Admin

My dear sir, I believe I have finally bested you at your own long commenting game. :moustache:

1368606 *tosses the whiskey in his glass around*... *takes his monocle and puts it in his breast pocket*
Dear Sir... that is shocking... well than,Next time I will have to expand the explanations of my observations. Till than: tudelu!

Well Fatty, I spoke of an rather technical aspect of time it self, or better an technical aspect of the organization of time in MlP FIM.
But you are right, as long as Unicorns, Alicorns and others can alter the length of an Day, Month, Year, It is after all ABSOLUTELY irrelevant what we try to give it order.
hmpf...
so fore on Equestria the scientific term "Time" would probably be a rather difficult subject of studying. Because Time is there not so easily measurable... so fore Clocks would have to be magical objects... to match the different length of each Day and Night and the only logical way to give it a tolerable order would be to divide Day and Night each in an equal amount of each twelve hours, like back at the real-world Babylon.
Where each day and each night had exactly 12h at each day of the year, and time was calculated for every day and every night.
I hope it is clear what I mean, It was irrelevant if it was summer or winter, each day and each night had always each 12h. So fore an summer Day hour was longer than an winter Day hour and an summer Night hour was shorter than an winter Night hour.
^^

But after all Time it self is outside of the Unicorns or Alicorns reach, they can not "make" or "destroy" time.
They can manipulate the length of Day and night and redefine what a Year is, because... well that's in there powers or in the case of the term year it is "man made" or in this case "pony made" and not a reality-mechanical-constant like 'Pi' 3.1415 which can only alters between Realities.

And here you can see how Authorial bicorgnitiv Work... works...
one comes up with an subject, the other listens and points out possible mistakes and his own opinion and believes about that.
And than the next(or again first) does that vice versa ^^ *cough*

Fat1thatyoulove
Group Admin

yep, so hope that helped cause that's how I use time.

1370194>>1369194
wow, you two talk WAY to much.:ajbemused:

Fat1thatyoulove
Group Admin

Oh ya! Well maybe if some Applejack would get on skype then I wouldn't talk so much :applejackunsure:

Fat1thatyoulove
Group Admin

He don't know about our comment game. :moustache:

hmpf... sad~~~

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10