The Optimalverse 1,330 members · 204 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Watched this yesterday ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9tN71Cmeiw

From Hope to Horror: The Complete Timeline of SOMA | FULL Story & Lore

I guess I mostly have few remarks on

1. how "scanning" even sleeping brain will generate ... non-trivial amount of data, like 80 * 10^9 bytes per 1/nn second?? (at sub-cell resolution and fast enough for capturing all state before it changes? With hope chemical processes really *not* main factor in our sense of self/memory, because capturing THAT at sub-cell scales faster than realtime ...um, even more non-trivial. Let alone running such simulation ..

2. Running simulation. I guess people just hope it will be as simple as executing some algo over data, but may be algo itself (how specific set of neurons interact) must be captured for some time non-stop, then analized, and roughly translated into simulated environment rules (weights?)

3. Normal reality. Uh, might be not as easy as just feeding video stream to part of simulation because some processing (individualized?) might be required - biology only waguely follow general plan, so grown fpga schematics apparently were hardly reproductible ?

Again, memory modification and behaviour mods assumed to be simple because .."it all computer/data/zeros and ones". But actually ... there most likely will be a lot to RE (reverse engineer) in each case, because again bio (natural nanotechnology!) hardly follow human engineering guidelines!

On ethics in general... I guess if some_society come to that way of fast, non-biological reproduction it will be resolved in non-dicky way. Currently clustermess of capitalism's "realism" need not apply! { I mean, even such deep/long analysis often miss elephant in the room about humans being exploited and lied to *for nearly their whole lifetimes* by "wonderful world" made for easiest capital accumulation/movement above all else }

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1