Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Bloodpool
Group Admin

First, a little explanation. Copy-pasted from one of my comments in Iron Galley's "Do we need anything else?" thread.

My overall aim is to eventually move this group off FiMFiction and on to an entirely separate site of it's own, though I'm still not sure how we're going to do that. I've worked with website creation software like Dreamweaver, for instance, but I'm still a long way from understanding enough about it to create something of a professional standard. Furthermore, I lack the amount of free time I'd need to accomplish such a thing.

On this, we've made some serious progress. Iron Galley found me a pretty damn fantastic site that will allow us to set up our own website, free of charge. In case this sounds a little confusing, I've pasted in the PM exchange between myself and Iron Galley bellow:

Iron Galley: LINK!
It's free! :3 I can be admin now? \O3O/

Bloodpool: \OoO/ Looks pretty promising, I'll have a play around with it as soon as possible.
And weren't you already an admin, at least on your previous account? :twilightsmile:

Iron Galley: I am an admin on both! i mean, can I be admin of the world? :pinkiehappy:
...you do control the world, right? :duck:

Glad I could help. :moustache: I toyed around with it, and it can make something incredibly similar to Fimfiction. I think we're well on our way to independence!

Bloodpool: It's probably going to take a fair while for me to get things set up properly... Maybe I should ask the rest of the group to draw/write up some concepts for how they think the site should look? :trixieshiftright:

And no, I don't control the world... Not yet... :trixieshiftleft:

Iron Galley: Oh well... I'll hide the secret thought police again, then...

Yeah, you should ask around for opinions. I think we should stick to a dark and edgy teen emo angsty layout, but that's just me. I'm certain TGP will go for something pink, though. So we can be emo edgy teen princess that likes drama. Or something.

:moustache: I'll keep an eye out for any other sites that could be easier to use, as well as artists that could be interested in free commissions.

So yea... Any ideas on how the site should look? I'd appreciate any suggestions; the more detailed, the better, and diagrams and drawings along with them would be fantastic.

[EDIT: From what I've seen, Wix is a more Business-orientated thing. Though I'm sure we can twist it to our specific needs, any other suggestions regarding sites we could use would be appreciated.]

EdBoii
Group Admin

I think we should stick to a dark and edgy teen emo angsty layout, but that's just me.

:moustache:

Guardian
Group Admin

2937494 Warfare artwork for the main page, similar to the picture on the front page on this group.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

2937571 We'll need to find an artist for that, preferably someone who'll be willing to do commissions for free, as I have no money whatsoever. :moustache:

Guardian
Group Admin

2937639 And I sadly, have no art talent. :ajsleepy:

Guardian
Group Admin

2937639 Say, I think there should be a different method of playing the scenarios. Just writing them down on a thread and telling the players to have at it ain't doing very much. Probably should be turn based.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

2937746 Hm... Well, I suppose it could work. When the History thingy is complete, maybe I'll test it out.

boredhooman
Group Admin

Well for one we need a gigantic portrait of me

EdBoii
Group Admin

2938180 But why? :rainbowhuh:

boredhooman
Group Admin

>not having a platform of worship for superior beings

EdBoii
Group Admin

2940234 ...but my life-size portrait won't be here until Friday...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11