Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 212 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 212

In all seriousness... We need a more viking looking human faction. Or make it a pony faction, hell, I'll go ahead and make an Aztec pony faction that want Celestia overthrown as she is a heresy against the all mighty sun and war god Huitzilopony!

Bloodpool
Group Admin

625561 Perhaps this amusing video will make my position on self-insert factions clear.

Comment posted by Bloodpool deleted Jan 16th, 2013
The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

No worries from me. :derpytongue2: My association is with the UEE.

Imma miss the Commonwealth though.

A quick question...
You stated no 'Self-Insert Factions'...
Does this mean that historical (human) factions are acceptable, because I have an awesome idea (At least I think it is...) for an Alt. Universe battle! I'm thinking 11th Century, European tech...

Bloodpool
Group Admin

667431 Historical (human) factions are acceptable, yes. However, if they are indeed historical real-world factions rather than in-universe factions, they won't be added to the guide as a permanent fixture: They will exist only in that particular scenario.

667828 Thank you for that clarification.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

667431>>627827>>627673>>514701
After some thinking, I've decided to replace our current "Zombie" faction with something a little more in-universe... Can you guess what it is?

"Throughout Equestria, relics of the past lay forgotten and alone, never truly resting, awaiting recognition... And deep within the Everfree, one such relic lurks... But things aren't always as they seem."

"...We're just a friendly little town tucked away comfortably in the Everfree Forest. We don't get many visitors. But that's okay. We like it here..."

You have the right to remain terrified.

Guardian
Group Admin

674591 ... this just keeps getting weirder. :facehoof:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

674764 Are you afraid? You should be.

Guardian
Group Admin

674785 Nah. Zombies are puny. They can sreech, howl, and eat rotting flesh all they want, but sooner or later, God'll cut 'em down. :ajsmug:

You can run on for a long time.
Run on for a long time.
Run on for a long time.
But sooner or later, God'll cut you down.
Sooner or later, God'll cut you down.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Holy shit that's cool.

Blood hooves? Dude... I am like a self insert faction away from following, liking, faving, and following you to hell and back...

Guardian
Group Admin

Some more hero units for The Pack.

Prince:
The son of Rex and Second Alpha of The Pack. He typically serves as the field leader of The Pack in his father's face, as Rex is slighty aging. The Dogs of The Pack treat him with just as much loyalty and respect, as he is a leader of integrity. Like is father, Prince is quite intelligent for a Dog, and a bit more of a strategist than a fighter. None the less, he is a most dangerous swordsdog, wielding a long blade, made from gems, that he crafted himself.

Misty:
The daughter of Rex and the sister of Prince. She may have a innocent, happy-go-lucky demeanor, but she is surprisingly a strong and capable fighter, using her sharp claws and vicious teeth. She is also the greatest physician in the history of Dogkind, knowing almost everything there is to know about the Canine anatomy. She can heal most any kind of wound or injury and constantly carries her special medical kit with her. While she is normally a easy going Dog, you best not try to anger her, for if you truly manage to push her over the edge, she will rip you to shreds.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Some more hero units for The Pack.

Needs a rephrase...

Some more assassination targets for The Pack.

Much better! :derpytongue2:

Splinter faction for crystal ponies?

Novum Imperium: Supporters of Equestrian rule in the empire, their units abandon the heavy armor and seek to modernize themselves through the adoption of Equestrian magic, fighting style, armor and tactics. They favor the modernization of the crystal city and control the heart of the capital. They are led by Duchess Amethyst Garnet, old ally of Celestia's and landowner of most of the city's residence areas as well as textile factories. She embraces the socio-capitalist lifestyle of Equestria.

Vetus Regimen: Defenders of the old ways. These are the traditionalists that refuse to accept Equestrian rule over their lands, and also support the old ways over the modern land. They remain loyal to their knightly ways and mannerisms in combat and support the vassalage and serfdom ways of rule. They are led by Agate Shard of the Shard clan, one of the most respectable families from the olden days. He is also the current head of the army refusing to recognise Shining Armor.

Neither faction is at war just yet, but tensions are horribly strained and Shining Armor's attempts to modernize the economy, army and city are not well met by the Regimen.

Whaddaya guys think? :yay:

Guardian
Group Admin

676070 ... Sounds like what we originally did with the humans...

Your argument is invalid because of reasons.

Also, I'm basing this off of Japan when it was forced to modernize :trollestia: And the humans were a republic, an oligarchy (I think?) and an empire, here we have old vs new, modern against tradition! A clash of eras the likes of which the earth has not seen since a millennium! I support the traditionalists :flutterrage:

Regarding our lovable bloodhooves. What heroes can we give them? Roneo, Scarlet, Three Leaf, and Grey Hoof are the only ones I can remember that were there. Anyhows, there is this fic where the Blood Hooves are expanded upon, even if just a bit. Some more characters are mentioned; Battle of the Blanks

Bloodpool
Group Admin

676298>>675977>>675072
Saddle Arabia Faction is very nearly done.

Also this:

I was going to ask CarbonMaestro if he could do a theme for a Saddle Arabian Faction.

But he did it before I even asked.

:rainbowderp:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Ooh! I wanted to listen to that, but I forgot!

Are we going to get suicide bombers? :derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh::facehoof:

I happen to be a very dedicated suicide bomber and I find your comment offensive. :ajbemused: I expect apology muffins :derpytongue2:

On a serious note however, are saddle arabians even ponies? Because their rulers were as tall as Celestia and had no cutie marks. :rainbowhuh: maybe they are horses?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

>dedicated suicide bomber
Clearly not that dedicated. Unless you're typing from beyond the grave, of course.

Guardian
Group Admin

>suicide bombers
:rainbowlaugh:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

Suicide Bombers?

Welcome to Scotland. Where flaming terrorists are kicked in the balls on a daily basis.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

687927>>687844>>687603>>674707
New Mercenary band coming soon... Although they aren't really mercs as such, they don't fit 100% with any of the other factions either.

They are the PIRU. See if you can guess what it stands for.

Um... I honestly dunno, but I doubt it has much to do with Equestria :unsuresweetie: I could be wrong of course. :derpytongue2:

But, if I were to judge it by the music pic, I'd say it is a ghost faction of dead children or something. Watched Mamá yet? Cool concept :moustache:

Guardian
Group Admin

696911 :pinkiegasp: ... serously, you're bringing those things into this?

boredhooman
Group Admin

People's Irish Republican Union.

I got that wrong, didn't I?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

The title is 'Executive Decision', it's kick-ass and elite sounding... sounds like some international elite force.

:rainbowlaugh:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

697296>>697245>>697200>>697063
I'm not sure if they'll be a permanent fixture. Might just have them for one scenario...

Anyway, our creepy zombie faction is very nearly ready... Had to push back the saddle arabian faction release, they need a little re-working.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

Oh, and I came up with this very late at night, whilst messing around on my iPod.

What do you think?

~
Unit: Crying Dragon
Faction: Dragons
Description:
The Crying Dragon, or Weeper, is something of a dark secret among the Dragon clans. It is definitely draconic in shape, though most of them sport extended necks, strangely glowing spines or other bizarre mutations that are unique to each Weeper. The only consistent mutation amongst the creatures is the lack of eyes.

Instead of the more usual ocular equipment, each Weeper oozes a substance from their empty sockets that is horrific to look upon, but even worse to come into contact with. The substance is a powerful hallucinogenic, and the blind dragons seem to feed on the hallucinated horrors in some manner that at the moment eludes study. Unfortunately, this is usually fatal for their victims, who often expire from cardiac arrest.

Physicaly, the Weepers resemble heavily mutated dragons, though they often show so many physical mutations that it can be frequently difficult to tell. Glowing spines and extra limbs add to their freakish look, and many of them seem to even have additional glands and strange protuberances that serve no apparent purpose. Their internal structures include flame glands, much like a regular dragon, but they appear to have none of the usual digestive structures common to their closest relatives, in addition to the aforementioned strange, unknown glands and other structures.

Psychologically, Weepers are mostly non-communicative. They do not speak, but they seem to have some form of psychic communication. They often seem to radiate sadness and rage, to those that have survived their encounters, and it suggests that they may understand their ostracized position. If so, they have universally lashed out against any attempts at peaceful contact, and are amongst some of the more dangerous creatures living in the nesting areas of Dragons.

Guardian
Group Admin

699468 Honestly... that's the weirdest... and the worst dragon species I've ever heard of. :twilightsheepish:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

699485 Worst as in scary, or worst as in, you know, just bad?

Guardian
Group Admin

700006 Bad. I mean, a dragon who's only power is to make you hallucinate by crying sludge?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

If you think you can improve it, go right ahead.

Personaly, I rather like the idea. Keep in mind it's something that's used defensivley, not to attack people. Think about it: You collect the "sludge", and bam, you've got a extreemly potent hallucinogenic, ready to slip in someone's drink, or to fire from a catapult, or to coat your arrows with, so on and so forth.

Guardian
Group Admin

700095 Meh, still sounds kind of dumb for a dragon. I thought dragons were suposed to be hardcore, butt kicking forces of nature, not rear echelon units who's only job is to disbence sludge. Now, granted, something like that could prove extremely useful in the overall strategy. But still, a dragon...

Bloodpool
Group Admin

700140 That's the point. Up untill now, all the dragon units have been "hardcore, butt kicking forces of nature". That's why they need some rear echelon units to balance them out a bit.

Guardian
Group Admin

700159 I guess so. :applejackunsure: Here's an idea for them, though. What if they could reproduce by ripping out their victim's rib-cages and orally planting their emmbryos into their chests? That way, the parasitic egg feeds off its host's life supply and hatches inside the body, turning the host into a new weeper dragon. What do you think of that? :pinkiehappy: (And, yes, I pretty much stole that idea from the Chrysalid aliens from XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Ever played that game?)

P.S. What if Spike were a Drake?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

XCOM

Holy crap, yes, I've been playing XCOM!
We should certianly put that in. Think you can do that for me?

Guardian
Group Admin

702531 I don't have access to the Official Unit Reference Guide.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

702617 You don't need to. Just copy what we've got here into a PM, make the changes you think are needed, and then PM it to me, and I'll put it in.

Guardian
Group Admin
Bloodpool
Group Admin

Why does Luna need to invade the dreams/nightmares of other ponies? This is why:

Creature: Tormentor

Type: Psychic predator

Description:

The Tormentor is a creature with natural physcic power. It feeds on dreams by intervening with its own horrific presence, and physcologicaly tormenting the host. Within the dreams, it can appear in many forms, specific to the darkest fears of each victim.

According to witnesses, the creature's actual physical form is that of a giant worm, with a large ape-like torso and eight grasping, three-taloned limbs attached along its dark, scaled length.

It is at least five times the size of the average pony. The scales of the creature seem to ooze darkness and reflect light, and most ponies see reflections of themselves or those they love contorted in agony in the glossy scales, adding to the disturbing nature of its appearance.

Its trifurcated mouth is lined with needle-like teeth, meant for holding more than mastication. Its three tongues are barbed and shoot out to torment victims. Its six eyes are centered around each wedge of the three-part jaw, and each one is a different color that, most disturbingly, match with the colors of the Elements of Harmony.

No connection has been confirmed as of yet, but there is a tentative theory that they may have been created by the psychic remnants of Nightmare Moon, cut loose by the Elements to fend on their own, leading them to form a new creature.

The consistency of their appearance has led to a suggestion that they may all be one being, but eyewitnesses have more recently come forward with reports of variations on the creatures' appearances. Many fear that this may be evidence that the creatures are breeding somehow.

As of yet, no specimen, alive or dead, has been recovered.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Oh hi Freddy Krueger.

Eventually, I have to draw a picture based on this idea.

Guardian
Group Admin

704530 Princess Luna, guardian of dreams. :moustache: Perhaps we could utilize that in the collab?

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 212