Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,748 members · 4,491 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Title: Crusaders of "S.H.A.Z.A.M"!

Main Characters: The CMC, Button Mash, Rumble, Dinky Doo, Spike.

Genre: Crossover, Alternate Universe, Romance, Adventure.

Crossover With: Shazam

Premise:
Equestria as we know it has truly changed, what was once a land of peace and harmony has become a world torn apart by the 1000-year-war between the Sun and Moon Sisters. Those who've been caught in the middle struggle to survive, either ending up enslaved or dead.

A small group of orphans known as "The Crusaders" are constantly traveling from town to town, trying to stay alive and find a place to call home.

That all changes one fateful day, while hiding out in Manehattan a battle breaks out between the Solar and Lunar forces. The group takes cover in the subway, but a strange voice beckons them to an abandoned subway car decorated in hieroglyphics and mystic runes. The train takes them to the Rock of Eternity where they meet an an old Alicorn by the name of Shazam, who reveals that he has selected them to be the newest champions to fight for good and end this war. And as such grants them the aspects of various legendary ponies of the past, each to a willing subject:

Button Mash: Wisdom of Solomon
Applebloom: Strength of Hercules
Dinky Doo: Stamina of Atlas
Scootaloo: Power of Zeus
Sweetie Belle: Courage of Achilles
Rumble: Speed of Mercury

Upon vowing to fulfill their newly bestowed role, the Crusaders must now master their powers, and find a way to end this war for good. But are the Royal Sisters the only ones with a stake in this war? Or is there someone with a more... personal agenda?

Holy crap that sounds so awesome.

I like the idea of the Crusaders as Captain Marvel/Shazam, but... think I'd change the foals involved.

Still, cool idea!

4854904 Out of curiosity, what foals would you add?

Well.

I think I'd go with the Flashpoint/"Captain Thunder" version of Shazam, with all of them "merging" into a single champion.

The Crusaders are obviously in.
I'd replace Rumble with Diamond Tiara, particularly if this is Postseason 5. It'd be a way to explore the "reformed" Diamond.
Im not sure whether or not to keep Button Mash. On the one hand, he has a different dynamic to the group. On the other, I think I'd prefer to keep the team all female. In that case, I'd switch him for Silver Spoon.
Keep Dinky, since she's adorable.

And with that set-up, probably use Twist as a "Black Adam" type, lashing out at Applebloom and co. I mean seriously not only does she not get super powers, Applebloom picked their bullies over her? Who is that fair?!

4854916 Interested in trying it out?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6