Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hello.

I'm writing a story, but I am young and inexperienced in most things. So I am asking any former or active military personnel to be willing to lend their experiences (what ever you are willing to disclose of with out compromising national security of what ever nations military you are or have been apart of. Why? to help me with a plethora of things. Having a general understanding of the type of characters who enter the military and for what reason or motivation that drove them to push forward in what ever challenge confronted them. While I understand the idiosyncrasies of those reasons are numerous but I still feel obligated to try and atleast give characters more depth if possible by hearing examples from real people.

Having a more down to earth and realistic interpretation of a military- like atmosphere and the behavior of those that inhabit said atmosphere.

Be inspired by the experiences you are willing to share, to hear your opinion on subjects I present to you so I have a more enriched variety of perspectives to instill in the characters i create. As well as learn and share what ever lessons you've learned by expressing it in the story. Also hear what you would do or would let happen in a hypothetical situation I present to you. So the actions of what ever situation I write about is handled in a way that's respectable to the people who've experienced combat. Thank you. Please private message me if you are interested. And I don't care if you are or were something as simple as a technician. Mechanic. Helicopter co-pilot. If its something you are willing to share that you feel could enrich my ability to create as an author. I'm all ears. Again private message me if you are interested in helping. Thank you

What's the story about?

5519491 it's set in a humanized version of equestria that still has most elements of the original source included. 3 classes of humans. Those gifted with flight, strength and magic(no horns, ew)

Setting is gonna be modern if not a little futuristic. Story follows 3 characters. Story doesn't center around military but rather follows the dealings of 3 individuals who've come from different backgrounds. And maybe a plot that is a bit ambitious but I'm willing to tell you through PM and see what your idea of them is.

But to also add on to that vague description. elements such as combat with fire arms. Tactical responses to threats within circumstances. So the story will have a tone that I feel will appeal to people who are entertained by military like scenarios by adding just enough fictional fantasy.

while still being respectful to the realities of what the real life counter parts do. By not over exaggerating elements in the story that's inspired by the real deal.

But rest assured that it's still a fan fiction about my little pony. It's just set in an interpretation where people are human but still have magic and fly and stuff like that. It's just the scale of the world itself is a bit bigger. And that's where I feel is going to be a huge challenge for me because of how ambitious this story is and I want to make sure it doesn't bore people as well. But I have to start from some where.

Thanks a ton and thank you for your opinion. I understand that most conflicts will be fast paced and end just as fast as it started. And you are right it's not cinematic in reality. This is one of my main challenges of making it entertaining as well as realistic. But I have time to figure it out

Thankfully the story doesn't revolve around just combat but rather has its existence as a compliment to the story rather then something the story itself is dependent on as a form of entertainment

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8