Serious Stories 356 members · 492 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

In a bit I'm going to start a project called the 'Prophecies Trilogy.'

It takes place in an Equestria nearly identical to the one in the show, but with a darker past. As a grimdark adventure it takes place one month after Twilight's ascention into princesshood. After Twilight created new magic she unleashed the guardians of the future, the Fates.

These six unicorns once belonged to a Council that determined the fates of ponies after their death, but when their Head Chancellor fell into insanity and darkness at the hand of the dragon king, Avar-Fortis (Avar meaning great, Fortis meaning fear), the Council resigned their power, leaving it to only six of the members.

These six unicorns were to create Equestria's future and keep it from falling to evil and malice. Each of these ponies controlling a certain aspect of destiny (Fortune, Misfortune, Justice, Injustice, Life and Death) they ruled over the world until there came the time of their great mistake.

Following this event, they plotted out millions of years of the future, ensuring nothing like their mistake would happen again. Then they locked themselves in stone. But in the wake of Twilight's creation of new magic, Equestria was thrown off the track of the future. With their bonds broken, the Fate of Death, Sidium, seized his opportunity and lead a revolution of evil, taking Equestria and crushing it under an oppressive rule.

With the Malicious Alliance taking Celestia's throne and the East Coast of Equestria, it is up to Twilight Sparkle and the remaining Fates to travel to the far West of Equestria, a land stranger and more mysterious than Twilight could've imagined. Here she will raise an army to take Equestria back from the unjust and merciless.

And within the alliance doubt and regret begins to form as each of our villains slowly realizes the true goal of their new leader.

Book 1: Legends

In the wake of Twilight's ascension comes the return of Equestria's past tormentors. Fighting faces both familiar and unknown, she will act on instinct and newly acquired knowledge to defeat them. With the help of her new friends, Princess Twilight must rise to the occasion, taking up the throne of her mentor and bringing Equestria back from the oppressive rule of evil.

Armies of shadow that delivered Equestria to the Malicious Alliance now hunt down what remains of Celestia's soldiers. A beacon of hope illuminates the hearts of those few still fending off the demons. The source of this hope? The West. There resides an army, awaiting the arrival of a leader, a pony who will lead them to take back Equestria from its dark masters.

Twilight will find her way to such places as the City of Bones, a desert of diamonds, and the black castle of a merciless manipulator. She will fight nightmares, changelings, endos, multicolored carnivorous clouds, and all other manner of creatures born to kill the alicorn savior.

Rising from his fall, the lord of sin and greed will cast his dice, setting the game in motion. If Twilight is to save Equestria from his clutches, she must play by the rules. The rules of the past. A past before the princesses, a past where darkness held relentless dominion over all.

Blood will curdle, chaos will flourish, hammer head sharks will engage pegasi in aerial combat, and good will flee before the cruelty of the new world. This is the story of Twilight Sparkle and the Fates. Learn how they became warriors, heroes, and finally, Legends.

So, yeah, that's it. Looking for:
5-6 Editors
2-3 Pre-Readers
1-2 Co-authors
1-2 Artists, or just freelance.

I'm doing this because at Bronycon I met and talked to Pen Stroke and Living Tombstone and they both inspired me to do something serious. So here it is. My first actual project, I thought it was pretty original. The plot is a lot more complex but this is the overview. If interested, PM me or post a reply.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this!

That is all. Equestria is ours.

:rainbowwild::derpytongue2:

whatmustido
Group Admin

Not a fan of the whole grimdark thing. Just got a few questions with pieces of advice, if you feel like hearing them out.

How long do you think this'll be? And how much of it do you have planned out? This looks like quite an undertaking, and trust me when I say that I know what it's like to write a long story without much planning ahead of time.

How many perspectives is this going to be in? A story like this can't really work in just one, I don't think, but if you start doing too many, you might get overwhelmed.

You have Twilight, but what about the other elements? The point of the show and her becoming a princess is her friendship. I don't think a story like this would work without the other elements of harmony taking a relatively important role, but they aren't mentioned anywhere in what you posted.

You thinking about including any kind of romance or comedy? It isn't all that important, but if there's nothing but darkness and pain, the story will become monotonous and a pain to both read and write, at least in my experience. You'll need something to break up the adventures and a romantic interest or comedic relief might help with that.

And last, are you sure you really want to do this? I've seen and heard of projects like this starting and failing because the people involved just don't have any kind of real leadership. People mention dates and deadlines and then nothing gets done because no one is really pushing. If you want to do this, know that you'll have to actually push the people you're working with to do things. You'll have to organize them, get deadlines, and make sure they actually do stuff. Or if you're bad at that, you'll have to find someone that isn't. Too many projects fail because the leader can't get people to work and gives up.

Sypher
Group Contributor

Thoughts on overview/description:
Why six unicorns? Why not two of each race? A party of six unicorns (Twilight + Fates) would be cool and all, but it as dynamic as a group similar to the Mane 6.

These six unicorns were to create Equestria's future and keep it from falling to evil and malice.

This, coupled with Death's revolution of evil, means that one of the following is pretty much a requirement
a) he must have been corrupted during the "great mistake"
b) be a charismatic villain--one capable of maintaining a facade of good for however long he was in the council.

So the Fates are traveling with Twilight. What are the rest of the Mane 6 doing? What about Celestia/Luna/Cadence? Make sure you have a plan for what you intend to do with each of them (death, corruption, etc), regardless of whether or not they play an important role.

What about the elements of harmony? Did the Mane 6 get separated and were unable to use them? Or did they try and fail? Plan for this as well.

And within the alliance doubt and regret begins to form as each of our villains slowly realizes the true goal of their new leader.

When you have a group named the "Malicious Alliance," it's hard to believe that the "villains" don't know what they're getting into, unless there was a greater motive behind starting a revolution of evil. Plan ahead.

Judging from the description, I'm starting to think Death will not be the Big Bad of the story, unless he is the "lord of sin and greed" (I'd also like to note that greed is a sin)

Also, the description doesn't say anything about the Fates until the very end. One could easily assume that her "new friends" are the Mane 6 rather than five new ponies.

---

Basically, you need to plan far, far ahead with a story like this. What key events will occur? How will each of the characters grow throughout their journey? How will the story end? et cetera et cetera.

Finally, what themes are you going to put into your story? Serious effort doesn't make a serious story (not the kinds of stories we're looking for in this group, at least). Do you have any messages you want to send to the audience, or are you just trying to create a grand story?

I could probably take some time to pre-read it, but that's about as much as I can do.

I have the major plot already made out. But specifically, I have the first 10 chapters in rough drafts.

It's a trilogy it will be three stories long.

Perspectives? Please be more specific.

Like in the link to the other post, they are kidnapped by Sidium and held in his spire's dungeons.

There is both romance and comedy.

I've been planning this since January. I really do wanna do this. :pinkiehappy: I'm also a perfectionist so I will get it done on a scheduled date. I'm also doing this with another co-author. Sorr, had to skim your comment, I'm tired and I got to get to sleep. PM or reply if you have any more questions.

Like i said in other thread, six unicorns because only unicorns have magic and im not having 6 alicorns.

Sidium becomes corrupt over time by his duty as the Fates of death and he is haunted by his past mistakes that turn him into a monster.

^^^ look to link or previously in this comment and you will see why the mane 6 arent in there. I have EVERYTHING planned out. Trust me, I can't say without spoilers bout the princesses.

I planned ahead, the villains are in over their head because they gave Sidium absolute rule over them and gave them their powers at his disposal without knowing his plans or what he intends to do with them.

Death not big bad of story...you caught on quite well, he is not...I've have it all planned out.

Yeah, the Fates as well as others that show up at the West are her new friends.

Basically, events: SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, SPOILER, you seriously didn't expect me to answer that did you?

The story starts with a quote that is the message for the entire trilogy and the reason why Equestria was so unprepared for SPOILER's return.

History is written by the victors. ~Winston Churchill

I would love to have you pre-read it! Thanks for the offer! I really look forward to working on this with you, you seem very interested. :)

I wrote this in like 5 minutes. I'm rushing, sorr.

The reason I didn't respond until 3 days later is because you didn't reply to my comment you just posted and it didn't come up on my notifications.

That is all. Equestria is ours.

:rainbowwild::derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5