Godzilla Has Return 563 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Since Godzilla Day is tomorrow, I decided to do a thread about why we love Godzilla and what he means to us.

Lots of reasons. Aside from the primal love for destruction and mayhem, it's seeing the many ways to show Godzilla as a character, rather than just a prop and plot device akin to Michael Bay's Transformers movies. And how each iteration has a different take on how humanity deals with living with a living force of nature.

Plus I always loved the creative designs of creatures. What's better than making them titan sized gods?

When I first saw Godzilla, I was but a wee little one. Being autistic means I personally have a natural fear of the world and the people in it. Godzilla…is magnificent. Here was a creature who cared not what others thought of it, yet at the same time demanded respect or, if no respect could be given, fear. His power unquestioned, and his titles more than deserved, Godzilla has been a guardian for this here person. Someone I could look at when my fear(s) started getting the better of me. The more I watched and learned, the more I fell in love with him. Godzilla also brought forth my love of dinosaurs and other interests, all of which segwayed into further interests. He has been with me my whole life, influencing my interests in many ways.

A lot of words, I know. But I truly cannot express nor state how much Godzilla has affected my life, and what he’s done for me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3