The Sci-Fi Ponies 2,084 members · 1,819 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hi.
I apologise if this is the wrong forum for this, but I'm working on a possible crossover between Person of Interest and MLP: more exactly, what would happen if the Machine of PoI (after Season 4 of PoI) is rescued from destruction and rebooted in Equestria (for sake of discussion, don't matter where or how her code is running - although I do have an idea for that).

After some time and some strange phenomena, it would be realised that there somepony give cryptic warnings, preventing crimes. Realising that her existence would be revealed and that there is an upcoming "Relevant" threat to Equestria, the Machine makes contact...

How would the Mane6 and the Princesses react - at the beginning - to a being so outside of their experiences, that watch everypony, everywhere, everytime? But one that the only tried help by warning about future criminal/violent acts?

Would cooperation, or at least coexistence, possible between Equestria and the Machine?

At first, I think that they would react against it - at last Twilight and Luna would try figure how it/she works, and Celestia and Cadence would be more ambivalent. Maybe Applejack and Rarity would get freaked out and paranoiac, Rainbow Dash would try fight it (difficult since the Machine don't have a face!) and Fluttershy would try be nice to it, and Discord would be totally freaked out it (The Machine is ultimatelly Pure Order!)... but considerating that there is the Cutie Map and Pinkie's Files...

But I would like to hear your ideas of their possible reactions. I have a good idea for their later reactions - it is the initial one that is giving me trouble...

ohh MR. Reese As a Grey Earth pony...... "John Why am i a Pony?"

Maybe the Machine's new operations have some connection to Celestia's "hall of episode clips" from Magical Mystery Cure. Spoiler alert, she's part of the reason why it's here, and may or may not have contact with it on a regular basis, keeping it a secret from everyone else.

4715076 Sorry, no humans will come with the Machine... but her memories of them, in special of her relationship with Admin (Harold) will be very important...

The connection with the "hall of episodes clips", as you put, is an intriguing idea... but I think that if even Celestia is surprised by her presence would be more interesting...
Now *who* is responsable for the Machine's presence in Equestria? Let's say that even Celestia and Discord have somepony superior to them :trollestia:

But again the question: how would the Mane6 and the Princesses react to it? And it includes Cadence (since that Machine is a bit of matchmaker...)

I'm better at the lore, so here I go again:
The Machine lives "behind the scenes" in the Episode Hall, using it in place of cameras and microphones, sneaking under Celestia's notice whenever she visits. Star Swirl(?) sneaks in there sometimes to get a new Number (or some ponified substitute, like a cutie mark image or merely description) from the Machine and does stuff based on it, maybe giving it to one or more other ponies (perhaps a team of random backgrounds—and not just the fan favorites) to act.

Oh, wait a second: Pinkie would try to be a super sleuth to figure out how the Machine works on her own, perhaps trying to drop "not obvious" hints to see what it picks up on and maybe how; it would of course see right through this and somehow communicate back subtly that it knew she was trying to figure it out, perhaps through the above-mentioned ponies dropping notes or rearranging items that Pinkie then "interprets" as messages. This could be an ongoing subplot in the background; she may even be the first to suspect something from the initial odd events but not know exactly what it is, and of course, no one would believe her at first, even calling the idea ludicrous when it's first suggested seriously because they'd heard Pinkie talking about something similar.

4717232 The Pinkie angle have possibilities... :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6