Christian Bronies 983 members · 237 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Seperation of church and state. It's divided christian's opinion's since the day the constitution of USA was approved. Should we christians be for it or against it?

I think we should be for it. The reason being is not the traditional, "Well, if it exists then religious freedom isn't possible." Rather, the simple fact is that religious doctrine (or lack thereof ) is going to influence politicians no matter whether there is or isn't separation of church and state. Since this is the case, just keep it separate since integrating it would only be redundant and would require more money to enforce and maintain.

I'm not going to even get into how you would choose which religion as the state religion.

I would say it's a good thing.
It lets all religions (including us) practice their beliefs without worry that the government would step in and ban said religion.

In other words, everything stays neutral and those is power can't do anything to encourage other religions. (Ex: A catholic president would be incapable of forcing non-catholic beliefs to follow catholic beliefs)

I am absolutely for it. I want people to be as free as possible, and if they want to be a Christian, I want them to make that decision from their hearts, not because they were compelled by the State to believe/act a certain way. I also want the State to keep its paws off of people's faith. (Whatever that faith may be, not just Christianity.)

I am not American, so I can't say much.

But Israel is a jewish state and there is plenty of religious freedom there. I wouldn't mind a Christian state in the world. :twilightsmile:

I'm all for it! If you all care to remember 19th century England, it would change from Catholic to Protestant and back. I definitely think that there should be separation of church and state.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7