Supporting Original Characters 1,827 members · 4,088 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

this is the cover for the new IDW-comic

Vitiligo occurs when pigment-producing cells (melanocytes) die or stop producing melanin — the pigment that gives your skin, hair and eyes color. ...

So... please show your O.C. that has Vitiligo

Bio-Bionic

alwas was paning to have her like that, goes well with how she is

Farmer

Wasn't planing to, but the first art made of him the Art-maker put it on, and thought to keep it

Helsa

Her face is half, does that count ?

Sleipnir

Well... he does have some white on him!?

Fertilizer-Chopper (Ground-Earth)

I'm not sure about this

OceanWave

RainbowClay

HappyStreamers

those O.C.s are my friend's
they didn't show in his story yet

Have one OC supporting character in a story who has vitiligo, but they are human. The fact that they have vitiligo is directly referenced. I thought it would be interesting to see a pony reaction to a human with vitiligo.

I flicked an ear and then cautiously laid my head down on his leg. "You can rub my ears—gently."

He started rubbing, and I had to admit, it did feel good, and the rest of my body relaxed as I let my mind drift. I caught sight of the underside of his arm as he was rubbing and blinked. 

"You've got white spots," I observed. 

He paused in his rubbing for a few seconds, and I wondered if I had said something wrong. He then resumed rubbing. "Yes," he replied. "It's called vitiligo. It means my skin loses pigmentation. I have spots like that all over my body, but most of them I can hide."

"Why?" I asked as he continued to rub. 

"It's just a medical condition," he answered. "There's not enough of a certain type of cell that makes melanin, so I lose all color in certain areas."

"I meant, why do you hide them? They're cool," I clarified. 

He paused again, and I looked up at him as he gave me a hard to read expression. 

He licked his lips. "I got made fun of, growing up. Kids would say things like, here comes the spotty man, or treat me like I have a contagious disease."

My ears laid back. "Well, that's wrong. Your spots are cool. They make you look different, instead of having just plain old one-colored skin. I have stripes and spots, but most people can't see them."

Barbie dolls Vitiligo

What's their names ?

7790536 7937457 7937483

and now she (is) / (came) Back

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7