The DM's Table 6 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
DungeonMiner
Group Admin

Got any theories you want to see implemented?

Want to discuss background stories and headcannons?

Do it here. Let's have some fun with this.

Treilacl
Group Contributor

I don't have any at the moment but if I do I can see myself getting really into this.

About this story, or the entire show in general?

Hmm. . . either way, this could be interesting!

I approve.

Wait, wha. . . :rainbowderp:

Yes!? :flutterrage:

That, that doesn't answer the question, buh what?! :twilightoops:

I need. . . I need to sit. . . sit down for. . . a moment. . .:applejackconfused:

DungeonMiner
Group Admin

Two words and allllll the confusion is cleared up.

Well then, time to dust off my old theory books. . .

DungeonMiner
Group Admin

Well, I suppose I'll start.

I've always pictured griffon society as a mixture between Norse, and French cultures (early France, not to be confused with today's France). The Gaulish barbarianism mixed with their strong sense of home, I think would offset the Viking's wanderlust, leaving a very viscous people that travel, but never stray too far from home, at least not for too long.

Minotaurs, however, seem to be the wandering sort, much like gypsies, Iron Will's almost pony-like name as well as his product selling seem to hint at a traveling-salesmen type gig. Perhaps because they have no country of their own?

As for Changelings, I like how Capn_Chryssalid hinted at it. The Queen apparently, has the title of Chrysalis. So the queen before our Chrysalis was also Chrysalis and so on. Following that idea, I like to think that all changelings are therefor nameless, except the Queen, signifying her importance over the rest of the hive. I also like Razorbeam's idea that emotions do not necessarily "feed" a changeling physically, but feed them magically, providing magical energy rather than actually nourishment. So personally, I think that Changelings can survive on normal food, however, doing so for long amounts of time without a host, leaves them magically defenseless, and so they are doomed to die because they are exposed.

Sir Squidfish
Group Contributor

Okaaaaaay... Actually, Jetfire actually already wrote most of mine, actually.

Timberwolves. What exactly are. . . Timberwolves?

I've seen quite a few theories on them.

Mine may be a wee bit darker than others.

Lets start.

Timberwolves, I believe, are wooden constructs imbune with life via the natural "Wild" magic of the Everfree. However, if they were just constructs, they probably would act more machine like. So, what makes them life like? Simple really.

The souls of those who became lost in the forest and died, the magic of the forest twisting and entraping them.

Tis a dark fate indeed. . .

DungeonMiner
Group Admin

Interesting fact, actually, I wanted to do Timberwolves in my book long before I became a brony. (3+ years ago)

Also, that is ridiculously dark.

I had to resist saying "You've met with a terrible fate haven't you. . .?"

DungeonMiner
Group Admin

Actually it was kinda cool to see, since I eventually scrapped the idea.

What I didn't write down was that Timberwolves that consumed enough life force and magic would "mutate" into Timberwolf Alpha's. It's also supposed to be a rather tortureous experience for the trapped souls.

DungeonMiner
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15