Kirby: From Dreamland to Equestria 134 members · 29 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Meliane Snapdragon
Group Admin

After hours of scouring FIM.net for kirby Crossover, I became aware of a very disturbing conclusion.

There are only five crossover with the Kirby-verse, The rest just have a few mentions of the games.

:ajbemused: FiM.net, I am disapointed with the utter lack of stories involving the loveable pink puff-ball.

So, I give a challenge to all the willing writer to write a Kirby crossover featuring any character of your choice.

I will contribute with my own fic, but yours are the one I am really interested in.

So

javascript:void(); Writers. Start your keyboards.

Well one of the main problems is that Kirby while a neat game in itself isn't as popular as the likes of mario and as a result doesn't get as many crossovers. On top of that mario itself gets surprisingly little next to the likes of halo or Fallout.

Honestly you would think that universe like Kirby, mario or pikmin would be getting more attention given how well they could fit.

Well, I'm already writing one, and I can't just make another! At least I managed to get mine featured, maybe that will make people want to make more Kirby Crossovers?

Well, I've joined.. if it's alright for me to "necro" this thread. :twilightsmile:
It's 16 stories now, so that's an improvement. :ajsmug: (but I'd say not good enough! :ajsleepy:)
And I have a story, as you guys may have read. :yay:
And if not, here's the link: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/188428/friendship-may-be-magic-but-trust-is-power
I don't know how long it'll take for my story to get featured, but it's got 500+ views now, so... :moustache:
I do plan on finishing the Kirby Crossover! :pinkiehappy:
That's another issue; we (only saying "we" to pinpoint something) start something but almost never finish it.
As a fellow writer, I used to be (and still AM! :pinkiehappy:) on fanfiction.net, and the amount of AWESOME (:rainbowkiss:) stories on that site is, shall I say, a bit on the low side, but they're there! :pinkiesmile:
But the amount of those awesome stories that are unfinished... is... shall I say, astounding... :twilightoops:
So, I put up a challenge, (even though I'm not group leader :unsuresweetie:) to finish whatever Kirby Crossover you have. :twilightsmile:
Sound fair? :ajsmug:
Let me know if I've overstepped my bounds. :applejackunsure:

I wish to write a Kirby Crossover, but I'm still writing another crossover with another Nintendo property that doesn't even have a story here.

I just realized how sad I made myself when I wrote this. Nintendo franchises in general need more love ;_;

I'm actually planning to write one, but I'm holding off on it because it involves my OC kirby instead of our pink vacuum cleaner. One of the main reasons I joined this site was to promote my other work and he was part of those works. I plan to write the story once I get enough followers.

You see this video right? This video was made for a contest that I ultimately failed in winning. It debut my character and I have 2000 view thanks to Destructionseries and LoneAlchemist's followers.

Now view this one...

I have about 300 views to that. I put alot of effort into making it (a good year's worth) and I got less then 75% the views I got for my first one. I thought that the people who saw my first video would've viewed me because they liked my sense of humor and creativity. Mine was the only one that had humor to it as well as a story, even if it was under a minute, but I still got nothing out from them.

Throwing an OC character out into the world is a suicidal attempt with the fact that you are competing not just with the original source material characters, but with a billion of other fan's characters out there for dominance. Let's face it; once you see one OC, you've seen them all. If I throw my character out there again, I'll be overlooked as just another kid who wants to be in the show with his favorite characters. I want to get a following first so I can get people to follow my work outside of writing. I'm using characters that people are familiar with, then I show them a character of my own, which finally leads them to think that the creator of that character might be interesting. Having followers before hand gives me an advantage at that they would atleast give me a try rather then just overlooking me.

Wow... :pinkiegasp:
Well, I wish you good luck with that, Amereep. :ajsmug:
I'll be there to lend a helping hoof as well if you wish. :raritywink:
(And I guess I haven't overstepped my bounds... But no one replied to me... :fluttercry:)
I thought I had a good point going... :facehoof:

3526250 Ah, good. :pinkiehappy:
Yeah... it is very tragic... :pinkiesad2:
It makes me wanna cry... :fluttercry:
It's true even in this group, so that's why I proposed such a challenge.
I mean, it's not worth it if there are sixteen stories in a group but half of them are not finished and have never been updated in who know's how long. :duck:
It's kinda outlandish, if you ask me...
I mean, the story's there and that's good, but... bleh... nevermind.
Like MunoMana's story. It hasn't been updated for weeks, has it?
And it's a very good story aside from the little meat on its bones (I mean description... :pinkiecrazy:)
And you should see the many great stories on fanfiction (I've read some of them) that were never updated or are never finished.... it's honestly upsetting... :raritydespair:
And yeah... :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13