Doctor Whooves 1,806 members · 553 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Arcanist Ascendant
Group Contributor

Imagine with me.
Imagine a Doctor. A wonderful, fantastic doctor who falls from the sky- and the nearest sentient being is named Derpy Hooves, a pony. The twelth doctor, being helped by Derpy after he falls into her dimension, takes her with him through time, and space, and everything. And for a time, they were happy. But then Discord broke free, and in his labyrinth, his lair, Discord did not lie to the doctor. In fact, he told him the truth.
And it broke him.

Above is a short passage I wrote explaining quite possibly the best crossover of MLP and Doctor Who ever, The Doctor is Out. It is a sort of Tumblr-Ask Discorded!Doctor, but it has a storyline of pure win. The doctor is sociopathic, gun-wielding, cowardly, indulgent, perverse, and has decided that the universe can handle it's OWN DAMN PROBLEMS.He will not help them for any reason.

Or so he keeps telling himself. The doctor occasionally has moments of going back to not being discorded, which are heartwarming- in particular, one with Twilight Sparkle, the only pony he seems to genuinely care about, even in his evil state. When he goes back to evil from being undiscorded, you can almost feel your heart breaking. So much feels.
The Master has his own blog also, which is important to the storyline- BUT PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THIS. THE MASTER'S BLOG/ARTFIC IS ALMOST ALWAYS NSFW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. The Doctor is Out has moments of NSFW as well, but they are rare. Link is as follows:

The Doctor is Out

Muleicous
Group Contributor

I am extremely happy that you posted this. This tumblr is one of the reasons I started this group, it's a very good read and very dark at some points. I'd have to say that you're right, it's probably one of the best (if not the best) Doctor Who/MLP crossovers.

Just a Moment
Group Contributor

I myself made a thread about it a while back, Jitters and the mastermod (the writers) has done excellent work, there are VERY few things they missed.

I find it actually has superior writing to quite a few shows.

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Contributor

455543 456249
Absolutely. It is the only thing to make me cry since I was eight, including Rose "dying", Donna suffering a fate worse than death, and all those incredibly sad moments.
I love the comic. But it wasn't very polite of Jitters to break my heart into a thousand pieces. My eyes were like rivers. The comic deserves more tribute so that my heart is not alone in despair.

Just a Moment
Group Contributor

A bit of my personal opinion on this:

Rose was probably the most overrated companion of all Who. The romance worked for season 1 but she was just... ughh in season 2.

As for Donna the Season 4 finale was god awful and the moment the Doc fixed her memory (Time Lords have minor psychic powers and a really strong mind due to the Untempered Schism) it just didn't work.

Jitters himself said this will continue around a year (he said this a while back so it's less then that). I wonder when Minny will start becoming more part of the blog.

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Contributor

Minuette gets a speaking part in the livestram marathon that is currently happening. Rose was good, and my first companion, and my favorite, and I will stand by this, but Donna losing her memory was heartbreaking whether it "works" or not.
I'm not saying they were awesome. I'm saying that they shattered my heart, but not as much as this.

Just a Moment
Group Contributor

I was waiting till the stream ended.

Romana ,also known as the War Queen, which her name fitted perfectly with since it's Latin for Roman was my favorite.

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Contributor

I liked Romana, but it'll make me sound like an asshole or a male supremacist or something, so i'm sorry in advance, but from the episodes I watched with Romana in them, she seemed like kinda boring and was portrayed as being better at doing wibbly-wobbly time stuff. The great charm in the New Season companions is that the doctor changes them for the better, and they to him, and show their glory usually at the end of a season. Romana, to me, just looked like she was supposed to be better than him(Im really in no position to say this since i've only seen around 6 stories with her).

Just a Moment
Group Contributor

You're not an asshole for having an opinion.

Well that's what she's supposed to be, she became President and armed Gallifrey to the teeth, then made the Time Lords a military civilization.
She does a lot of cool stuff in the books/audios and is a much better character than her TV counterpart.

I'm going to have to disagree with that, NuWho companions (especially River) are horrible in comparison to Classic Who.

The only one whom I know that has "out-Doctored" the Doctor was the Word Lord (my favorite audio villain)

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Contributor

I know i'm not, it's just that I feared the way I stated it would make me come off as one.

Anyway, I have not seen any classic who episodes that can compare with what Moffat can conjure out of his magic hat. They were all very good, but Moffat and Silence in the Library will remain my favorite episode of Doctor Who ever. Then, porbably, Midnight, because the writer of that plays upon some of the most psychological fears of men, and then The Empty Child for being such a fun episode and introducing one of my favorite characters to the show.
But either way, I respect your opinion and wish I could see Romana as just as good of a companion.

Just a Moment
Group Contributor

Trust me, I have bashed the shit out of characters before and I find people don't look at me as anymore of an asshole then I already was, don't let that thought that not being light-hearted on characters makes you an asshole.

Moffat did good in Season 5, Season 6 was awful, I have mixed feelings about this one so far. If I really have to list my top 3 NuWho favorites it would be these in no particular order:

Blink
School Reunion
The Doctor's Wife

Much of the 7th's (whom is my favorite my favorite Doctor), 4th's, and 2nd's episodes were good, try checking out those, though Classic Who covers such a wide field it really doesn't matter where you start, try reading some books or comics, mabye listen to a few audios (The Word Lord/ A Death in the Family are my favorites).

Get to know her better a bit more, you've only seen six episodes.

Your opinions are respected as well.

Arcanist Ascendant
Group Contributor

I watched a bunch of 4 ones, love him, and love SJS, but I can find few of her episodes on netflix. Any suggestions?

(Note: "Get to know her better a bit more, you've only seen six episodes." More like 24 since each story is four episodes.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12