The guild of equestrian railroaders 246 members · 131 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

This is something I've wanted for a while. Since '09 actually when Spirit Tracks was released. I mean who wouldn't want a model of this or this ? Also some misc trains from Mario but that's besides the point. The fact is we now have another train worth having a custom model of. Ladies and gentlemen I give you what I'm calling, "The Crystal Empire Express," LOOK AT IT! Tell me that thing isn't awesome. You can't because it is! I want that thing so bad! So if anyone knows how to make/someone who knows how to make/or somewhere I could commission to make these into HO models that'd be awesome. Trust me there's a lot of others I'd love to have (like EVERYTHING FROM THE GALAXY RAILWAYS AND GALAXY EXPRESS 999) but I'll talk about those some other time. While we're on the subject is there a fictional train you'd like nothing more than to have a model of?

2689207 It would be pretty expensive. You can get an N scale version of GE999. I read somewhere that someone in Japan was selling an HO Big One, but I don't know who. Also, I think that your only option would be to scratchbuild/modify for the other trains. For the Crystal Empire Express, I'd start with a diesel frame as a base. For the Friendship Express, I suggest starting with a generic 4-4-0 model, and dolling it up from there. The Spirit Tracks engines, I have no idea.
I would like a model of The Silver Streak from the movie of the same name,
the Hooterville Cannonball (Sierra No. 3) from Petticoat Junction,

the Time Train from Back to the Future Part III (Also Sierra No. 3 before Doc rebuilt it),

Big One (both versions),

Iron Burger (a PRR S1 6-4-4-6),

the Number 9 Express from Grim Fandango (also based PRR S1 6-4-4-6),

and the titular train from SnowPiercer.

I feel dumb for not thinking about the Time Train. That thing is awesome. And I don't think there's anyone in the world who wouldn't love the Big 1 or any train from that series. In all honesty all of these just look cool but then again it's a trope. Is there any non-cool trains in fiction?

2690248 Well, last night I realized a way that you could have a model of the Crystal Empire State Express.
1.You take a diesel shell, and tape/temporarily glue styrene over the opening in the bottom. You might have to weight the shell down so it will not float.
2.Buy a couple of those home-crystal growing kits.
3.Make the crystal solution it the color you desire in a large enough container to hold the shell.
4.Place the shell in the solution.
5.Check shell daily until desired crystal growth has been achieved.
6.Once desired growth has been achieved, remove shell from crystal solution.*
7.Let shell sit for at least 24 hours to dry.
8.Remove tape/styrene from bottom of shell.
9.Attach shell to motor and frame
10.???
11. Profit
You now have a unique locomotive that should be quite the conversation starter!
*If desired, keep solution for matching cars to go with locomotive

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4