Changelings Need Love Too 2,333 members · 1,541 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

I been getting back into marvel and dc comics a bit, mainly watching youtube clips here and their and some ideas been starting to flow. What if a changeling had become a super hero for a city, originally pretending to be a hero to get the love and aderation of the citizen of the city for himself/herself with motivation at first being selfish. But then as time goes by starts to enjoy helping others. I had idea of a frost changeling who powers revolve around ice and uses it and his shapeshifting to help others. Unsure the super hero name he give himself. The Frost Bug? Avalanche? Blizzard? or some cold or cold bug style name.

Anyways what you all think? If also have an idea for a good super hero named revolved around the frost changelings cold and shapeshifting abilities feel free to share. I always struggle with names.

That's a great idea! I actually had a similar concept that I haven't gotten around to just due to prior engagements.

Im trying figure out a city in mlp he could become a super hero in and what be good name for a changeling who can wield ice. Im terrible with names, then got figure what kind of villians would he have to fight. Since he is super hero he will need super villians to fight, need more than just two bit thugs for him to defeat.

In terms of names, I guess you should avoid the "man" style of naming. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Iron Man, those all would have to get replaced with "bug," which might make sense in-universe, but might sound weird to your readers.

One thing you may want to include is the word "carapace." It is both a descriptor of the character, as it is a hard outer shell and is also related to the idea of protection and defence. If you really want to make a character with frost powers, "Winter Carapace" or "Ice Carapace" might work.

If you want to focus on how being a changeling affects their character and their life, you can also go with "Hailshift" as a combination of their ice and transformation abilities. The name will foreshadow that they represent the intersection of superhero and changeling themes.

If you're comfortable with comic canon, you could use Chicoltgo instead of Manehattan or Fillydelphia. There's not a lot of established info on it, so you're free to write whatever you want. Obviously, modelling it after Chicago might make the most sense.

Maybe Fillydelphia? And maybe he could be the Arctick?

Frostbite.
Idk but taking some cues from the Power Ponies comic would give some powerful enemies that are technically canon.

Names are always something I struggle. Cold or Frost Beetle came in mind. Maybe combine insect name with his cold nature. I know a lot I can do with him.

Frost Scarab, The Cold Scarab, Frost Beetle, Cold Beetle. putting a cold style name with an insect one after.

Not bad, the "Beetle" names also give a nice homage to the Blue Beetle.

Scarab, Beetle, Wasp, Hornet, and few other insects came to mind.

I think all those have possible allusions to other comic book characters. Wasp is pretty obvious, Hornet might be a little less well-known. Not everyone has heard of the Green Hornet. That said, it's up to you what kind of hero you want to make. Are you going for more realism, or is your story going to be filled with campy celebrations of superheroes?

I haven't panned out the detailed but did like the idea of a changeling super hero. I already had a changeling oc made few years ago and was a frost changelings. Changelings who powers revolve around the cold and this changeling would left the hive as was exiled for some reason. Im still piecing everything together. Also if have other cold bug names you want suggest im all ears, naming never been my strong suit. lol

Possible Names:
Snowshift: Like Hailshift, coming cold weather with the shifting nature of changelings
Black Frost: Refers to the black chitin of traditional changelings. It was also a 14-century term for a frost that kills off plants in an area.
Arcturus: Combination of "artic" and the greek "ouros," meaning "watcher or guardian." The name will literally mean arctic guardian.

I had thought of Cold Scarab or Snow Beetle. Anyways something I work on when at work. Aside from him I need come up some nemsis for him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15