Changelings Need Love Too 2,334 members · 1,542 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hello everybody!

So, There'll be a point in a story of mine where a changeling queen is suposed to lay eggs. The thing is I wanted to keep the stoey E rated, so I'm trying to avoind any involvement of... reproductive orgams...

The idea I had so far is that that colored section on their carapace on the queen's belly is kind of her womb, and it detatches from her body when with the eggs as they're readi to be "laid". It would kinda work as an egg cluster...

What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions?

I know this may sound silly, but... you could always just not describe it. Just draw notice to the band before it happens, then after the act draw notice to the fact it's no longer there. Should be easier with a third person view.

You could also have the process be a personal or embarrassing one. Like going to the bathroom. Everybody may poop, but few people want to present for it. This could work better for a first person perspective, as it would let your character get some emotion into the narrative.

Either way? The easiest way to avoid getting explicit is to just not bring it up. Is egg-laying an important part of the plot? If not, then why are you even mentioning it in the story?

I would suggest the actual laying being not seen, perhaps it could be overheard by someone outside the room the event is happening in. Imagine a cartoon shed or dust cloud where two characters are fighting. We get small details, like sounds or an occasional limb moving but we don't see most or any or the actual blows being thrown or landing.

Try thinking of this in the way a sitcom would show us a birth. We would get shots of the mother holding the father's hand or see other people react to screams and cursing out in the hallway.

These guys sound about right. Eliminating all or most of the intimate details is probably best.

On the other hand, you could just set the story to 'Teen' and add all the disgusting details. It need not be sexual.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4