Changelings Need Love Too 2,334 members · 1,542 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I'm trying to figure out how long it would take a traveler (in this case, a messenger trying to warn Canterlot about the invasion) to get from the Badlands to Canterlot. I'm figuring about twelve to sixteen hours on foot (probably about half that if flying) to get from the edge of the Badlands to Dodge Junction, where train services become available.

Do we have any kind of stable transit time value (via train) from Dodge Junction to Canterlot? I'm not sure how long it was implied to take during The Last Roundup, and transit on just the shorter portion of that line between Ponyville and Canterlot seems to have varied widely across the series.

Any thoughts?

Make it up.

The show is inconsistant with it's own travel times, so feel free to make your world as large or as small as you want. Probably half a day is reasonable though.

In the IDW Comics (canon) Chrysalis sends Twilight an Orb by which they can communicate so that she can give her directions and taunt her. If such a message was urgent, it would be reasonable to assume that outposts had such an orb.

Also, RD Falcon-Hoofs Spike and folds him in half.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3