Duelist Unit 223 members · 111 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Zoom zoom
Group Contributor

So I've got a bit of a bug here. I don't want to try full on continuing my old story "Love of the Draw" because I've so much else-including non fanfic stuff I'm working on when I have the free time.

However I feel like doing an alternate version of a new chapter at the same time.

The idea is solid enough to me but I'm not sure it fits with Duelist Unit should I decide to just make it it's own One Shot instead.

Basically it's a game between Discord and the OC from that fanfic Draw Blank. In the story I had established his talent was in ALL card games. So why not have that sort of duel? One where the actual Card game they play would change every turn and Draw would have to adjust a way to continue each time.

Thus you get shout outs to not only Yugioh which will book end the battle but have a turn with some of these:
Cardfight Vanguard
Kaijudo
Pokemon
Topps Attax
Ben 10
One Piece
Dragonball z
War with normal playing cards
Uno
and Quickstrike (Shamen King and Avatar the last Airbender)

These are however the only games where I know the rules too so if you have ideas and like this one feel free to suggest something that would come out of nowhere for the joke that I could try to work in this since the point is that it's nonsensical outside having to keep it at a card game. Heck I may just make a Summer Wars reference with the second to last turn being Hanafuda.

Changing the game up now and then is kind of a tricky idea to work with... At some point, someone's going to give up trying to keep up and go read something else.

What you could do, is use something called "Command Duel". The idea behind it is that after some time passes, an effect happens. It could be something as simple as both players draw a card or as complicated as paying a thousand life points and playing a Gold Sarcophagus effect to something as crazy as "the player holding cotton candy gains 1000 LP, but cannot declare an attack this turn". It'd keep people interested, and since it's a duel against discord, it'd work!!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2