Monster Hunter 228 members · 36 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

As the title goes my friend gave me this idea for a skill in monster hunter, while i was farming for Gargwa feathers for my Yukumo ten armor set, a skill that does not let the monster enter its rage mode,he then went on about how it would have to high rank because of how easy it would be to hunt monsters(such as the tigrex for an example),he then went on about the points to activate the skill that it requires ten to lower the chance of the monster entering its rage mode while 15 lowers it even more then 20 completely negates its,

What do you think? :p

Maybe, but the rage mode is a staple in the series, and there is no "chance" to it. When the monster loses a certain amount of HP (or certain conditions are met, such as the Kut Ku with loud noises), then it will activate. It's meant to turn the tables on a hunter and provide a good ol' fashioned "oh shit" moment, which it most often does.

that's what i told him but i wanted to see what you guys think. :p

I think it's overpowered, to be honest, and the system for it doesn't work. Without rage, a lot of difficult monster hunts would become cakewalks.

funky108108
Group Contributor

Personally, I just like the exhilaration when you have just whittled down a hungry jho down, and then it roars... then you get the feeling in the back of your head that you are SCREWED over :pinkiecrazy:

seems like a cowards trick. when a tigrex roars at you, just roar back.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6