My Little Pony Fan Musical 36 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
primalcorn1
Group Admin

We need a story to make a musical! If you have any ideas, post them here! All ideas are equal, whether they come from a writer of just a follower of the idea!

393173 Well.... we should include absolutely everyone!

Maybe a story that focuses on Lyre & Bonbon and the ups and downs of their friendship? It would be nice to see some friend-shipping of them two, Specially in a musical :twilightsmile:

Dash Is Best Pony
Group Admin

Willing to help in any way I can! You know this anyway, Corny, but for anyone else who will bother reading this I'm more of an editor than anything. So, I guess I'm saying I probably won't be spearheading any specific thing, but I'll be involved and helpful where ever I can.

That said, I have no specific suggestions at this point. :twilightsheepish:

I think it should be something sounds like it could be a plausible but unlikely movie for the series such as one where the cutie mark crusaders (-:scootangel:) and the mane six (-:rainbowdetermined2:) travel into :rainbowdetermined2: and :scootangel:'s minds to figure out what's going on in their subconciouses in order to save them from themselves after a terrible accident scares :rainbowdetermined2: out of returning to the sky and :scootangel: to her scooter.

Well, being realistic, it'd be good to have some idea of who characters are going to be before we start basing story ideas around the established canon ones. I mean, in all likelihood, there's going to be more male VAs than female ones, so voicing, for example, the mane six would be a challenge, to say the least.

So a feasible, non-character based idea...

Um. :rainbowhuh:

I guess there could be some sort of competition (maybe a musical one) in one of the cities like Canterlot of Manehattan, which brings a lot of ponies from all over to that city. Then, while they're there, several of the competitors mysteriously start disappearing. A small group of ponies come together, determined to make it through to compete. Not all of them are content in each others' company, as they are all still against each other to win the top prize. However, they agree to put aside their differences and work together to try and find out what happened to the missing ponies. Secretly, though, one of the members of the group is the culprit all along, and is orchestrating everything so that he can win the competition. Evilly.

Not entirely thought through idea ^

Ok I believed it was pretty well understood that pegasisters are just as much as a part of the fanon as the bronies and it would be pretty strange if we didn't have the show's star ponies!

I'm not saying we can't have female VAs, and I know there are plenty of girls who are fans too, but there are defintely, without a doubt, more men in the brony community. Finding enough women who want in on this project may be tricky, is all I'm saying. If we get six who want, and are able, to voice the mane six, then by all means – make a mane six story.

But would it really be that odd to have a story centred around characters who aren't the show's star cast? I mean, they're not the only ponies in Equestria. Not everything has to be about them.

No, not everything but they should be at least included. And seriously, about half of the other ponies I've met on this fanon are pegasisters. Including myself I know about fifteen pegasisters personaly but I know only two bronies personaly and one of them is my little bro. There are enough pegasisters.

I think the best bet is to take a popular fic, ask the author for permission, and then adapt that fic into a musical.

just throwing out some ones that might work:

"On a cross and arrow"

"The games we play"

"The prince and the workhorse"

maybe "It takes a village"

question, would it be a bookie or sung-through?

I think this is a good opportunity to do something completely original. We should shy away from the popular stuff, in my humble opinion.

Also, if we're holding off on the animation for a bit, I'd like to find somewhere else I can help until then. I've got zilch musical talent, but I could probably do some decent voice work. My mic is absolute crap, though.

ok, going to pitch my idea here.

Mayor Mare realizes that if she is going to be reelected, she needs to address the demographics problem of why there are almost no ponies getting married, having foals, buying foal clothes etc etc. This lack of business is doing a number on a variety of businesses that cater to new parents, and the owners of these businesses will not back Mayor Mare in the upcoming election. (insert group song of the business owners complaining to Mayor Mare)

Mayor mare, in order to find a solution to the lack of families, ask Twilight to figure out why there are no new families. She responds with a report, which basically says that its because of the 4:1 gender ratio of females to males. Instantly, Mayor Mare seeks out ways to bring males to Ponyville (insert duet song about Twilight announcing her findings, and Mayor Mare realizing they need more males). Mayor Mare invites Twilight to aid her.

And a good part of the musical is Mayor Mare hatching hare-brained schemes that would draw males from Canterlot and Manehattan, and make them want to settle in Ponyville, While Twilight wants to get families to settle Ponyville. Hilarity ensues when Ponyville is being marketed both as a nice, quiet place to raise children, and a wild bachelor paradise.

Ideally, Mayor Mare and Twilight would lead tours through the town, introducing them to various ponies from the show.

And a subplot: Mayor Mare asks Rarity and Pinkie to be the town matchmakers, to encourage ponies to marry and have foals quickly. Cue Rarity and Pinkie trying to throw ponies together, and get them married as quickly as possible.

TL;DR version: comedy of Mayor mare trying to make ponyville more appealing to stallions, and pinkie and rarity failing miserably as matchmakers

what does everypony thinK?

Maybe "Shipping & Handling" or "Past Sins"? We should definitely do one everypony knows. What about "Semper Fidelis" (always loyal)?

I was actually trying to work on a plot for one of these before finding this.
Basically, it has everyone, and everyone has a problem or issue they need to figure out, either finding their place in the world, being socially accepted, relationships, rumours, etc. So naturally, they come up with clever ways to do that.
But of course, things don't go as planned, due to pranks, bad advice, misunderstood advice, bad luck, Murphy's Law, etc. Yay Farce! :yay:
But, through learning each of their lessons (probably through a combination of helping each other and dumb luck,) their problems are resolved.
Also, lots of fanfic references. Ex; Rainbow fakes having a nightmare involving Pinkie in order to temporarily avoid her. :pinkiecrazy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14