TwiJack 1,045 members · 283 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Okay, there hasn't been a lot of Twijack stories of late and its shame as its the prefect setup for some great stories with Twilight and her second in command of the group. Especially since it creates the best kind of story, romantic or otherwise. Which is the class war, specifically the Farmer and the Princess . And since I am busy with projects to write a story, here is my challenge to you guys to hopefully have several by December.

So here is the Challenge. Create a Twijack story that would have the following elements:
1) Twijack being the end parring, even if it one of several or background element of the story. Note that it doesn't need to start off with romance but they must have some feeling for each other starting off, even its a very close friendship. Please note I don't want them to fall in love out of nowhere, but they must developed such feeling unless it starts off with them dating.
2) Twilight Sparkle must be a Princess in the story. She can start off a commoner or even turn into a Alicorn while the two are dating, but she must be a Princess which causes external or internal conflict for the paring.
3) Your charcters must follow character, especially with the main charcters or flushed out background (by parts). Ponies we have little knowledge like Blueblood, most of the Wonderbolts and such are fair game, but the others must not seem too OC not brought on by events (like if murder killed of Twilight parents she can act a little OC). Examples of what to do, Applejack walking away in fear (ex. Twilight leaving her for she is Princess) instead of facing them headlong, or Twilight being a political genius all of a sudden instead of being the blunt warrior princess/scientist with developing political experience depending on events.
4) A single Noble or several of any species (pony or otherwise) determined by the writer must plot against the parring. This can be simple of not wanting a low born marring someone as high as a Princess, a plot to marry said princess for their family, country or him/herself (either romantic or gain of power), a planned assassination against Twilight, Applejack, their family or any of the Main 6, or just being a straight up villain wanting power. Note this can be a subplot but it must be part of the story but must tie in with the main plot.
5) The amount of powers the nobles can have must be realistic of the setting. Meaning if set in show, they can't have absolute power or act like the nobles from the dark ages where their word is law. Though, it doesn't mean the main antagonist can wish to return to such a time, and even succeed if they come close to winning depending on the story if not set in the pony equivalent of the Dark Ages. Recommend to be like British's House of Lords or old families with old money.

Events leading up to the story, when the story takes place, main story plot, length and development is up to you. Good luck and hope to see more Twijacks by December.

A challenge some found offensive. :ajbemused:

Basically it be high class to what is consider low class, hince class war since it was indicated in season 1, 2 and 4 that there is such a division in Equestria, though I perceived it more of old money vs new money.
Exactly how since this would be offensive? I intentionally left it ambiguous to be used how the writer would perceive such a conflict to where the villain's motive could be a large range from preserving tradition, wanting more power and est., and that villain can be a minor villain. I am not telling people to have the story set in Game of Thrones as one of the key features is characters not being OC, and Fancy Pants I like to think is a very nice guy.

bookplayer
Group Admin

I can't be sure, because I didn't downvote, but if I had to guess I'd say that (pick one or more):

* People might not like the idea of class conflict in Equestria.

* People might not be interested in things that play up Twilight being a princess.

* People might feel like your post is basically saying "here's an idea I like, now someone else write it for me."

Personally, I didn't mind it, as I already have two stories in the works that play with some of those ideas. No idea if they'll get written by December, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few of these kinds of stories.

Hold on there. I haven't found it offensive. I was just remarking on the downvotes to your original post.

🤔... (ancient as this forum is, some of these ideas don't sound bad.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6