Aliens
Robots
Cyborgs
Demons
Devils
Kaijus
Giants
Androids

Kaijus don't seem dark to me as much as disastrous. Dark and disastrous are two different things. Like you could always put a creepy or dark spin on it like eldritch abomination kaijus or something. It entirely depends on portrayal. Like, an example for kaijus that isn't dark, Power-ranger-esque sorta fights lol. Or whatever japan calls them.

Then anime has demons that are good or just mischievous. Ghosts can be nice too. Devils, just look at cartoons, they aren't that dark, zombies can be humorous or silly instead of dark etc.

I think atmosphere is more important. Then again if you had like, a dark atmosphere for like angel bunny or something it'd be too humorous because it doesn't fit the theme.

So, can these potentially work with a dark theme, yes. But at face value, like just throwing standard versions of each, ehhhhh.

5965696 I was just trying to think of things that aren't in the Universal Monsters line, because they have said they will be adding new monsters to the Dark Universe that they haven't done before.

OH, so you mean a specific dark universe? I have no idea about what sorta stuff you mean then.

5965698 The new Mummy movie.

5965641 If they do zombies I would prefer it if they were subordinate to some main bad guy like "The Witch Doctor" or something like that. Also it would be neat if they were more the "undead puppet" type because the media is currently saturated with the "Night of the living Dead" Type.

Actually most of these feel too general. I would think that Marvel's "Dark Universe" movies would more or less focus on one monster, similar to their original monster movies. Sure there can be multiple monsters in the movie, but their existence should be a by-product of the main monster rather than the problem itself.

I would think that Marvel's "Dark Universe"

Marvel's? Don't you mean Universal's?

5965641 They already have Dr. Jekyll appearing in the Mummy so why not? And the Kaiju are for the Godzilla-King Kong-Pacific Rim movie universe since there will be a Godzilla vs. King Kong movie that will lead up to Pacific Rim 2.

And the Kaiju are for the Godzilla-King Kong-Pacific Rim movie universe since there will be a Godzilla vs. King Kong movie that will lead up to Pacific Rim 2.

The MonsterVerse is just Godzilla & King Kong, Pacific Rim isn't a part of it.

5966754 from what I heard they are going to have Godzilla appear in the next Pacific Rim movie. I should check on that.

5966799 No they aren't. If so show me a source.

5966799 Also Pacific Rim: Uprising (Pacific Rim 2) is coming out next year before Godzilla vs Kong.

5966805 Show me another source.

5966816 Show me one from this year.

5966819 It's only a rumor from what I have read. I only heard about it.

5966848 Well it's been confirmed that Pacific Rim isn't in the MonsterVerse.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18