The Properly Organized Rarijack Group 782 members · 383 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I just recently came up with an idea for a Rarijack story, so here it is.

Applejack goes over to Rarity's house to pick her up for their date. They go to dinner, they leave once they're done their dinner and get in the car. They drive for a bit and end up in a really bad accident. Story switches over to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle who are having a sleepover, notice that Rarity and Applejack aren't back when they said they would. They think nothing of it, thinking that they're having a good time. They go to sleep and when they wake up, they're still not home. There's a knock on the door, it's the police informing them that the two got in a car accident. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle rush to the hospital and talk to their sisters doctors who just got out of surgery. The doctor says that Rarity is faring off better than Applejack, since the car hit the drivers side. Rarity wakes up after 5 days, confused on what happened and worried about Applejack who has still not woken up. Doctor's not sure if she's going to wake up, (and if she does if she'll be able to walk.)

That's all I've got so far, the ending is not decided. Not sure if I'll stick with Applejack not being able to walk, (I can't do that to her!). Please let me know what you think and if this is even a good idea or not. :pinkiehappy:

I think it could be very well done... and if you, like me would feel too guilty making her incapable of being able to walk again, there are ways to work with that! :D

You could have her need to go through a long period of inability to walk that leads to having to work back into it. Long processes of physical therapy and whatnot. All of that recovery time would also open doors for building Applejack and Rarity's relationship. Clearly your idea is that they are dating already, which is great, but you could play with them going out for a friend outing that leads to that so that you can build the romantic tension. A tragedy like this though and the recovery that comes with it is straining on a relationship and would put a lot on Rarity's shoulders.

Applejack would need to be taken complete care of in the first stages of healing especially, and with Rarity typically living closer to town where hospitals are, it would make sense for her to live with Rarity during that period. If Rarity volunteers that is. Plus, it would be straining on them because of AJs character. She would struggle hard with being invalid, even if temporarily. And then the stress of not doing anything, plus being taken complete care of, plus relearning to walk.... leads to great tension to play with.

Plus having Rarity take care of her leads to great fluff material as well. ;)

I feel this is a great idea if explored enough in my opinion!

I could never make Applejack not able to walk, so having her go through the therapy so she can walk again sits better with me! I like the stories where Rarity takes care of Applejack, it's so cute! Especially since Applejack doesn't like asking for help. And thank you so much for the input! I will definitely use what you've said in my story! :pinkiehappy:

I imagine it may extend your story to that of something much much longer than a simple oneshot lol but I'm glad I could be of some help!

I love the trope as well, I actually have intentions to write one sooner or later myself. Once I get my butt in better gear with my other fic I'm currently writing out hehe....

But if you ever need someone to help out with anything, you can always message me! :raritywink:

Yes, the story will have to be a multi-chapter, lol. Haha, well I can't wait to read what you're going to write. And thank you, I'll definitely take you up on that offer, the same goes for you as well! If you need help, you can message me! I'd love to help you! :twilightsmile:

I think this is a very neat idea. Not much to say what Applety hasn't already said. I also would find the aspect more appealing, that the process of Rarity caring of Applejack would lead to a romantic relationship (have to admit the caring for someone who is injured and then falling in love is a not so guilty pleasure of mine), but then the struggles such an accident brings upon a couple are also interesting. I mean if you feel particulary cruel, you could let Rarity believe that Applejack did not survive the accident and her contemplating and realising what she has/ would have lost (depending if they are already an item or not) only then to let her find out she did survive and than making a promise to help her recover and dealing with new found feelings (again independent if they are an item or not at the beginning; even though you are already together such a situation can put a lot of thing into a new perspective, including fear of loss, protection and so on). I'm more of a fluff fan myselv although I also can enjoy a good tragic story. You can take this in a lot of directions and I would be very excited to read it. Just out of interest; due to you mentioning that the accident is a car accident, I take it that it will be set in the EQG universe? Or your own humanized take?

Thank you for your reply! And to answer your question, I don't know! I haven't started writing it because I'm not sure if I want it to be EQG universe or pony, but if it was pony it might be a cart accident or something. What do you think it should be set in?

It should depend on you, after all you are the writer^^. But since you're asking: I personally would prefer pony/regular Equestria. After all it is what makes this fandom unique. But honestly I have no problem with either. Do what you think is best^^.

I actually finished writing the first chapter the other day, and I wrote it in pony/regular Equestira. I also decided to make it so that they build feelings for each other during the time they spend together, but Applejack already has a small crush on Rarity. If you're interested, you can read what I've written so far but if you do, note that it is a first draft so it hasn't been polished and edited yet. :twilightsmile:

Well, I have to finish working on it so it's actually readable, so I'll share it with you then. What's your email so I can share it with you later?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11