G1 Ponies: Credit Where It's Due 379 members · 404 stories
Comments ( 98 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 98

That was useless information in all honesty.

I know that better than you do because how long I've been exposed to it.

For example, Spike is not only the name of a dragon in MLP, but the name of one the Autobot's human allies in the g1 Transformers. And there might have been a Joe that operated under the callsign Spike, or perhaps a member of Cobra. I don't recall for sure.

And using the same name, does not really amount to anything since it was never going to happen.

It's not matter of hypothetical events. It a matter of what was done.

And what was done is to make each series unique unto themselves.

The only other time I can point t a multiverse like that is Dragon Ball. Not really that meaningful, but it's vaguely adjacent.

Reusing is something that definitely happens, especially where Hasbro is concerned, but again, it's what got done. Not what could have been done.

And the reason it didn't happen, is because is didn't. That isn't satisfying as an answer but we will never have all of the details.

And really, dragging in a hypothetical situation isn't in line with the subject. It is a dodge plain and simple.

You need to accept two things, one, it didn't happen, and two, you'll never have a satisfactory answer.

Not unless the reasons for said decision are out there waiting to be found.

Just saying that it wasn't going to happen feels more like a blanket statement than a reason. Then again, it can play into the scenario that the window of opportunity was already gone by the time by the time Lauren Faust left in that it was too late at the time. Had she not been opposed to relaunching the character, it probably would have happened. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case and Megan was left dead for the most part only to further exist as nothing beyond cameos, references, and easter eggs for anything else Hasbro and its affiliates used for her rather than giving her a real comeback.

You are really investing energy in the worst place you could be right now. And making statements with no possibility of support too.

Given they way things had be going Megan would never have been reintroduced in a new series. Regardless of Lauren Faust's presence or lack thereof. It just wasn't going to happen, and no amount of wishful thinking will make that untrue.

All of that energy you're wasting here is better spent elsewhere, along with your time.

You just need to grown up and accept it.

Besides, Megan does not need to be reintroduced canonically. It will just make her mundane and rob her of her place in the I.P.

What you want just won't work, ever.

She is always going to better off in her founding position than in a contemporary one. That's just how this works.

It really is time to let it go and focus on other things.

I won't be devoting any more of my energy to this because I've got things that actually need my attention.

Even though it didn't happen, it doesn't mean that I can't reimagine what the series would have been like with her in it. BTW, I'm not the first one to even do so, and I probably won't be the last one either. I'm sure over the years you have heard from other bronies on what they thought it would have been if she was to be in it as well making this not something new, and they may have also felt that it might have been a missed opportunity as well meaning that I might not be alone on this. Nonetheless, I did give my take on how I would have thought of the show with her in it, and much of it did feel original if nobody else thought of it that way. Maybe G6 could be good way to return Megan or some other human companion to the franchise by making one where the ponies come to have Earth and have to adapt or hide from human civilization to do what they have to do get back to Equestria, but this is just me thinking this, and it probably won't happen either.

Here is what another FiM episode would be like if Megan were to be in it. This is the one that would involve the human factor and the placeholder idea. It starts out with Luna becoming Nightmare Moon and is so relentless that she even kidnaps Twilight so that the Mane 6 can't use the Elements of Harmony to changer her back. The rest start to panic in how to get her back, but feel they have to get Megan to help them by going through the passageway to her ranch to get her. As they bring her to the Castle of Friendship, they fill her in on what happened. Megan then asks about the piece of paper that is shown and is told that it's the cutie map, which she finds out reacted when she touched it. Megan then believes that it can be used to help them find out where Nightmare Moon took Twilight and free her. Once the reach the location, they see that Twilight is trapped in some special magical energy barrier in which no magic can be used either inside or outside, and that the only way to free her is to beat Nightmare Moon herself. the rest of the Mane 6 try to battle the monstrous pony without using the Elements of Harmony while but fail miserably, while the Rainbow of Light only knocked her out temporarily just to see her get back up again shortly after. Meanwhile, Megan is a little surprised to hear Nightmare Moon say her name but is told that it's only because she has heard of her. When all is about to be lost, the locket glows and Megan tells the rest that it's a message from the Tree of Harmony that they can still use the formation only with her taking Twilight's place by using the Rainbow of Light as a placeholder for the element of magic. The blast works as Nightmare Moon is beaten and the magical barrier around Twilight disappears. After the battle Megan notices Luna but thinks that she was also captured at first. However, she is shocked to find out that she was Nightmare Moon the whole time and that it was a manifestation that makes her that way causing her to no longer want to trust the ponies if they are hiding such a secret from her, which makes her want to return home in anger and even thinking about returning the Rainbow of Light to the Tree of Harmony in claiming that she won't come back anymore if being someone chosen means that they can't know about such secrets. The Mane 6 and Luna try to go after her but are stopped by Celestia in claiming to them that it's best that Megan be given her space for the rest of the day to think it over and not be bothered in order to clear her mind while confronting her now will only make things worse for her and them. Later that night Megan notices Luna entering her dream and telling her to come over to Canterlot Castle the next day for a full explanation of what she just went through and then leaves in saying that she can't say it there, because she already promised her sister that she wouldn't do this. Once Megan was ready to return to Equestria, she sees Luna waiting for her and agrees to go back to the castle with her and starts off by thanking Megan for being able to changer her back to herself again while telling her why she became such a form in the first place. Megan then understands that Luna isn't solely responsible for her actions when she takes such a form and is told that she must keep that secret but feels that maybe Luna can seek forgiveness after what she did with the right apology given along with certain friends to back her up to help prevent her from taking that form again. After helping Luna being able to come clean on what she did, she is then told that if she still wishes to return the Rainbow of Light and leave Equestria, she will be missed especially by the Tree of Harmony itself for being to find such a worthy keeper. Instead, Megan decides not to do it, but wants to know why the tree really chose her out of all creatures. Unfortunately, none of the princess could help her on it as Celestia, Luna, and Twilight all claim that they too were just drawn to the special tree as she was and is told that if Star Swirl and the rest of the pillars were still around, they could tell her more as it was them who made that tree in the first place.

This is how I would have pictured Megan if she were to appear in the FiM series.

Being captured.

This would have made for a good cover.

If Luna was to help her with any dreams or nightmares that she has.

Perhaps Rarity may ask on new ideas for pony fashion or even think of ways to dress her up.

Some battles might be hard at first.

It might take some time to get used to the nature of Pinkie Pie.

Twilight welcoming her to the rest of the Mane 6.

Being prepared for a battle with the Mane 6.

Applejack gives her an apple as a sign of hospitality.

Fluttershy's first impression of Megan.

Receiving the Rainbow of Light from the Tree of Harmony.

In return for giving the apple, Applejack would let Megan groom her.

Just relaxing with Twilight.

Being in a picture with the Mane 7 along with Delta Brony.

Being able to activate the Cutie Map.

Wondering how she got to Equestria.

Being taught how to behave at galas.

Hanging out on the beach.

Megan tickles Celestia.

Megan hugs Celestia.

Megan hugged Luna so that she wouldn't feel left out.

Showing that she isn't some damsel in distress.

Megan and Twilight are ready for a battle.

Even Megan could be the one gets captured.

Deciding to have a pillow fight with the ponies.

Spending some time with the CMCs.

Appearing at the very end with her own family.

Here is what could pass for scenes in the show if Danny and Molly were in them.

Danny having both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash by his side.

Spike roasts marshmallows for both him and Danny.

Fluttershy's first impression of Molly.

Danny riding on Pinkie Pie.

Fluttershy now gets used to Molly and even lets her sit on top of her.

Molly and Fluttershy having a picnic.

Molly brushing Fluttershy's mane.

Rarity teaching Molly proper table manners.

Molly becomes good friends with Pinkie Pie.

Luna's newfound love for Molly.

Danny plays games with Rainbow Dash.

Danny and Rainbow Dash are relaxing by a tree.

Rainbow Dash gives Danny a noogie.

Danny and Rainbow Dash are now BFF.

Twilight asking Molly about what is bothering her.

Megan and Molly attend the Sisterhooves Social.

Applejack teaches Molly how to get apples.

Megan and Molly prepare for a gala.

For some reason I never believed the episode, The Golden Horseshoes, was meant to be Megan's last appearance. Had the show continued, she probably would have made a couple of more appearances towards the end. However, I'm not sure about Danny, who didn't appear again after Spike's Search, though we never Molly again after The Magic Coins. Knowing that the show was never continued, we'll never what was going to happen after The Prince and the Ponies, but something tells me that wasn't meant to be the last episode and that was probably supposed to be more to follow after that. On a side note, I don't think that the pony who originally had those said horseshoes was Majesty especially since that unicorn shown didn't even look her, but bronies still went with it due to the claim that it tied with Majesty due to saying that she had special horseshoes that were mentioned in the comics but that was about it.

Another thing I just want to state for the record about Megan. I always felt that it would have been nice if there really was more for her after G1 ended, but that just wasn't the case. Seeing that it wasn't going to happen does sort of support my claim that she was mostly there just to get people used to the franchise when it was something new and then ditch her once that was over after no longer the case. Maybe if the right formula was used, an actual comeback be it the same character or reboot could have actually worked, but that's just me saying that. I know that Hasbro hasn't thrown her out completely otherwise they wouldn't be showing her picture on other things especially in the latest ad for MLP: A New Generation where there is a picture of her, which was shown right above Pinkie Pie with the new ponies being there. From my perspective, still having her for references, cameos, and easter eggs just aren't the same as having a real appearance, which makes me feel that she was all but dead to this day. Unfortunately, to all the MLP fans and other bronies that are much younger, Megan would go almost like the WNBA in which most won't even know about her unless a hardcore G1 fan mentions her, and I can still remember when someone thought in one of my fanfics that she was an OC that I made up until I explained to that person who she really was and even got surprised that the franchise was older than thought. However, this doesn't mean that I don't have the right to reimagine what any later generation mainly the last one could have been if she was to appear in it, so it would be nice if I was given some thanks to that, because it took a lot of thought into doing that and the same for thinking picturing what some of the episodes and scenes would be like if that was to happen.

Could anyone picture her as being an actual princess?

First of all, don't grill me on saying this, and I suggest hearing me out on this first. Perhaps, if some saw it from my perspective, then maybe it could be understood, why I feel that it is a missed opportunity to not have a revival by it the last generation or any others in the near future. For some reason, I feel that most of the younger fans who have never seen or heard of G1 probably don't know who Megan is let alone knew the franchise is much older than thought. BTW, I'm not just talking about the person who commented on one of my fanfics and thought that she was and OC that I made up, but then knew who she was after I explained about her. IMHO, I feel that bringing an adapted version of her be it the same one or even a reboot would be a win-win for both the old and young fans alike. For the older fans, it would be celebrating a rebirth of a known character from their day, while the younger fans get to experience what it's like for the ponies to have a human companion for their generation. However, I still feel that it's because of hardcore G1 fans that have either mentioned her constantly or included her in fanart and fanfics, she would have been buried down the memory hole and forgotten for the most part. At least I would have been happy if she was to make a real appearance once again but seeing those in charge that will probably never be the case because according to them, she has long served the purpose of just being there to get people used to the franchise and then ditch her after that said purpose was served giving no claims for a reboot.

If anyone is asking how I portray Megan in fanfics, I pretty much use the same G1 character and make it as if G4 is a continuation of G1 even though they aren't related. When I introduced her in Destiny or Coincidence?, it was almost as if she was someone who was either forgotten or just neglected through time as if she didn't exist. I do have her become a little curious about seeing Equestria in the present especially since she realizes how much time has passed since she was last there. In Helping Megan Fit In, she starts to feel as if she feels that she has no place in present day Equestria, but then she shares some stories with Twilight to see that they do have certain things in common, while Luna Comes Clean gives how the human factor can work especially for having Luna no longer fear herself in becoming Nightmare Moon. There are some other stories I made with Megan in them, though I still wish she made an actual appearance once again. Just a few other things for being connected, the Mane 6 are descendants from ponies that she once knew while the Royal Sisters know here due to being fillies when she originally saw and even named them in Royal Origins.

Let's just say that for a moment that we live in alternate universe and Megan did appear in the FiM series. How would anyone else picture it with her in it? Would you make it related and keep her G1 character intact or just have her as an entire reboot? It would be interesting what others would think about this. For me, I could go with either, but I will most likely go with a reboot due to the fact that the generations aren't related to start, which is usually the case for those in charge.

For some reason, I have felt that Megan is both underrated and forgotten to a certain extent, which may have been reflected in how she was discovered in my first fanfic in that before the present-day ponies met her, they found the book about her by accident as if it was hidden away to be forgotten with time. Also, I would have viewed a return of her in a later generation to be something like the second coming of Jesus. I would have been even more happy if she wasn't to just reduce to a cameo in one of the manga or in the crossover comic or even just given an easter egg in an Equestria Girls special, because I was really looking forward to her interacting with G4 characters if not in the show itself. Perhaps, I'm probably one of the few who did really feel as if it was a missed opportunity. The least anyone can do is give some feedback in how I would reimagine the FiM series with her in it, but knowing others, it's probably not going to be in a positive way. In another way, giving a rebooted character probably would be for the younger viewers especially those who didn't know much about her in the first place. Then again, I always felt the reason why we will never see someone like her in any later generation of this franchise is mainly because those in charge feel that she already served her purpose of just being there to get people used to the franchise and nothing more.

Megan does go on record for giving the first boop to a pony as she did to Sweet Stuff in the original movie.

I will admit something when I started my Return of Megan Williams series fanfics. When I first did this, i though I was only going to a do few, but then I did a lot more than I expected. Part of that had to do with what I thought up with when I made them. It's almost as if I outdid even myself on this.

How come it's alright to have a rebooted Posey for G5 known as Posey Bloom, but there still can't be a rebooted Megan?

I did have this dream about where the MLP characters all exist in real life and even attend the Bronycon Convention since it was made for them. Megan herself is there and has her own booth, but hardly anyone goes to her as many go there to see mainly the Mane 6 and anything else that is G4 as it was mostly made for them and not her. For the most part, many of the bronies ignore here and treat her as if she was invisible that makes her feel as if she can just close up her booth and not even be missed. She then feels that for feeling almost as someone who goes unknown, she feels that if she wants to get noticed, she has to do something even if it means bringing others down to make her feel better. Megan acts like a phantom and sabotages some of the acts for the Mane 6, but it doesn't take them too long to figure out that something is going on. Each of them splits up to figure out who is behind this. Twilight discovers that it was Megan and wants to know why she was doing it. Megan's claim is that after her generation ended, there was no comeback for her as she was almost dead and forgotten, while making the claim that a pony such as Twilight was only based on someone who was just from the pilot and nothing more, which in the long run made her feel left out. After hearing that, Twilight feels her pain and decides not to turn her over to any authorities or security guards for her actions, but rather stay backstage until she was called to come up. At first the rest of the group isn't sure what Twilight plans to do next, but then get surprised when Megan's name gets called and she walks onto the stage feeling a little shy while waving her hand out. She then mentions what it was like to be part of the original franchise, but then decides to leave as the Q&A comes up only to find out that many of the questions are for here as she answers them. Megan then decides to leave the Mane 6 after being on stage but is told by the photographer to stay as the picture gets taken with her in it. As Megan goes back to her booth to reopen it, she is surprised to see a long line as if her appearance boosted her fandom. Later that day, Megan checked her phone to notice some videos links and watches them to find out that her appearance on stage went viral along with some reports of hearing about what many claimed was a long-awaited return. Another invitation comes to her phone, and she is told that she can attend a party with the rest of the G4 characters, while the other G1 ponies are looking at the place feeling that it's not for them but get surprised to see Megan being there despite not being part of their generation. Overall, Megan was finally happy for feeling that she finally got her dues that she felt that she would never get for being the franchise's first protagonist and major character.

Here's what it would like if Megan helped fight against the Pony of Shadows, though I still wished that she wouldn't be a princess.

Just remember if not for hardcore fans using in her in fanart and fanfics even as a generation leap, she would have been left in this memory hole as shown here to die and be forever forgotten.

Comment posted by TalB deleted Jun 6th, 2022

Let's just say for a moment the FiM series was done with Megan in it. After looking at the different drawings, which one would most likely be the version that would end up being shown? For some reason, I think the one where she looks like an Equestria Girls character seems most likely mainly because it goes with how that very special went. Then again, any of them seemed possible as well.

Let's not forget the page from the manga that didn't resonate with G1 fans especially when given the chance to comment on it especially on Derpibooru.

For some reason whenever I watch Princess Dark Matter, it feels the closest to seeing what a FiM episode would look like if she was to show up in it.

https://youtu.be/wYrj4gL1-uM[/youtube]

Even though this outfit is custom made, it's a lot better than any of the actual outfits the doll had, plus I like because it gives her the outfit she should kept from the start, which was her cowgirl look.

For some reason I do see Megan and the rest of G1 ponies as being underrated and sometimes even overshadowed whenever I see this meme.

I'm probably the only one who also believes in the shipping of MegTwi especially because there are some many fanart of them together.

Maybe the reason I felt that it could have worked with having Megan in the FiM series is because I guess not everyone knows how to reimagine it with her in it making me one of the few who can.

I wonder if this is what the Mane 6 would have really said to Megan if they were to actually meet her.

Here is what Megan would look like if she was a mermaid.

Here is Megan doing a play that is with the CMCs and narrated by Twilight.

This is possibly what the conversation Megan would have if she encountered the Mane 5 from G5.

Megan Williams: I can see that you are the new ponies for the next generation.
Sunny Starscout: I'm so honored to meet the savior of Ponyland and the keeper of the Rainbow of Light.
Izzy Moonbow: Hello there Megan Williams!
Zipp Storm: What's up Megan Williams?
Pip Petals: Let me get your cell phone number so that I can call and text you.
Hitch Trailblazer: Seeing that the rest of this group likes you, I guess I can too.

I'm all open for Megan making an appearance in G5, though that's unlikely to happen.

Here is what Megan would look like if she was part of the Squid Game.

There were a couple of times I was misled to believing that Megan really was going to return to the franchise. The first one was around the time Equestria Girls was set to debut and I heard the term "Humans in Equestria" being mentioned, and it even came a blog post that showed the fanart of Megan grooming the G4 version of Applejack. However, that was never the case as any claim was nothing but rumors. Although there are some bronies who claimed that they saw her in the special, The Rollercoaster of Friendship, that was more of an easter egg just meant to look like her only by appearance, but never be her, plus that girl looked a lot younger towards Molly's age, though she probably wore those frilly overalls and shirt better than she did due to being younger. The second time I was misled was looking at certain fanart as if it might have hinted something, but in reality, they were nothing but teasers at most especially the one that read "Directions" that showed Megan wandering through Ponyville to then be welcomed by the ponies of FiM. The third time I was misled was reading the third volume of MLP manga around the chapter of Twilight Sparkle, but as it turns out, Megan was given only a cameo and doesn't even join meaning no interaction with a G4 character, though that page didn't seem to resonate well with G1 fans such as me, plus the rest of the chapter made the rest of the G1 ponies from the pilot feel useless as if they just tagged along and did nothing. The fourth time I was misled was when the crossover comic known as MLP Generations came out and Megan's only appearance was reduced to a flashback instead of being there herself. Part of the reason I even got all five of those issues was to see her finally interact with them. Instead, she got another snub as if she was never going to be there. If IDW had to have at least one notable G1 character, it should have been her. BTW, I wasn't the only nostalgic G1 fan who was hoping to see Megan make an actual appearance in that comic series, many others were actually hoping for that as well, but it shows officially that there really is no love for Megan. Who am I kidding here? If there really was a call to have her return, it would have been done already and with or without some producer's approval. At least I would have been happy for it, but I take it for me to want something, it's as if I'm trying to ask for the world, which I'm not. Seriously, I could never understand why there are those who feel that it would be wrong for her revival when I can easily counter to saying why it would be right. Also, hearing why some almost act bent out of shape to this almost reminds of those who say borderline sexist remarks towards the WNBA rather than giving real reasons to why it should be around anymore. Overall, I apologize if those post feels like a wall of text or Great Wall to others, but I don't say things you can find on a bumper sticker seeing that some of you might only have short attention spans. Surprisingly, nobody to this day rubbed it in my face for being wrong about Megan making a real appearance in the crossover comic, but I guess it's either because it would have been adding insult to injury and/or were probably just as disappointed as I was to that.

It would always be interesting to know what her room looked like back at the ranch that she and her family lived on. Unfortunately, that was never shown, and the closest we got was the room she stayed in when in Paradise Estates. Then again, much of the ranch was hardly shown to begin with, plus it always looked like as if there were hardly any animals there except for TJ and that bull whose name I don't know of. Nonetheless, here is a possible look of Megan's room over at her ranch. On a side note, she does look pretty good without her hairbow.

It was literally explained in "The Magic Horseshoes" mini-arc that the magic horseshoes belonged to the original Mimic and to keep the current Mimic from fading away required gathering them from the 4 locations they were split off to and put on her.

If MLP 'n Friends was to continue after what became the last episode, The Prince and the Ponies, do you think The Golden Horseshoes would have still been Megans final appearance or would she make some more appearances including what would have been the real last episode?

I'm still not sure why she needs to be a princess and even Smolder is wearing the same outfit Megan is wearing.

It looks like the Friday Funkin' crew has asked Megan to help them save Twilight from what corrupted her, and she managed to succeed by both hugging and petting her as well as using the Rainbow of Light to purify her, which finally got her back to normal.

I can even make it with some captioning.

Megan: I believe that we can free her with the Elements of Harmony.
Rainbow Dash: How do you expect us to use them when Twilight herself is corrupted and won't be able to?
Megan: I believe we can with you and the rest doing that formation with while I will use the Rainbow of Light to replace her element.
Applejack: Will that even work?
Megan: We won't know unless we try, and it looks as if we may not have a choice here.
Rainbow Dash: Here goes nothing.
Twilight: Thank you for freeing me from that corruption, and I'm especially proud for you Megan for filling in for me to help use the Elements of Harmony to end that.
Megan: We're glad to have you back, Twilight.

Here's Megan giving a kiss to Celestia.

Here is Megan being saved by Smolder who is a princess for some reason.

After that, Celestia is kissing Megan back.

This is what Megan would like a Friday Night Funkin' character.

This is what first made me believe that she was going to return and appear in G4, but unfortunately, that was never the case as this post on Equestria Daily was found to be nothing but third hand gossip.

For some reason I felt that when it came to merchandising products for G1, Hasbro and those affiliated with it always seemed to make Megan look younger than she was on the show itself.

How come there isn't a tag for Megan when doing fanfics even though there is one for Anon?

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 98