The Harmonic Council 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 202 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 202
Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350143 Yeah that's exactly what I thought when I was imagining Fluttershy trying to fill that role. But AJ would be a good fit for handling IP, as she already has that mentality of putting the good of the Council, before herself. You can see it in the way she runs Sweet Apple Acres.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350143 Also, when would voting start? After the war was over? As I am sure the Magistrates would feel kinda pushed into the role at first.

AimBot
Group Admin

350152 Indeed. But my concerns on Pinkie Pie still stand... She's a very social pony, the kind of pony that other ponies would enjoy having around... That's what you want in a leader, right? Someone you can talk to... But still, I'm not sure if she'd take anything seriously...

AimBot
Group Admin

350157 Voting? After the war would make sense, really. During war, the government tends to seize control (usually) for the good of its people.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350159 I think most people underestimate Pinkie, which actually, now that I think about it she might be a better fit then AJ. As she would probably be able to thank advantage of that mentality, others would probably be a little more liberal around her. Maybe she could be working behind the scenes with AJ, AJ being the face, while Pinkie gathers information about others and their true goals.

350164 I was wondering because of the example you used. Plus I think the Magistrates wouldn't really feel comfortable in their positions until they were voted in during a less worried time period.

AimBot
Group Admin

350177 Alright, alright.... Pinkie Pie as a spy? I can dig it. All jokes aside, yes, I would assume that the Magistrates would be a tad uncomfortable if they just seized control.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350183 Yeah, I could see Pinkie as secretly being the head of Internal Affairs, finding out who is disloyal or corrupt and finding enough evidence to have them removed publicity in disgrace.
I'm sure that they aren't just seizing control. I don't know how to word exactly what I am thinking.:facehoof:

AimBot
Group Admin

350191 I know what you mean. However, I thought we previously established that Applejack would run an Intelligence network for the military... Or are these two completely different things we're talking about?

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350201>>350191 First off, I believe the politically correct terms are 'domestic policy' and 'foreign policy.'
And I think Pinkie and AJ would be good. Pinkie could do ANYTHING with her pinkie sense and blatant refusal to obey the laws of physics and AJ could detect any kind of lying or plotting or any kind of negative ideas against them.

AimBot
Group Admin

350211>>350191 Alright then, Applejack leading the political Equestria, and Pinkie Pie as a... Right-hoof of sorts?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350211 Thank you that's a much better then I was able to explain my thoughts.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350215 Aren't they all involved politically? Wouldn't Pinkie and AJ be the head of internal affairs? (kinda like a secret police)

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor
AimBot
Group Admin

350220>>350223 Wait, I'm confused now... Each Magistrate has a say in politics.. So, Applejack, assisted by Pinkie Pie, would do... what, exactly? Would they be figureheads?

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350227 Okay. Now I'M confused. So we all agree that all six of them have a say in the decisions being made. And didn't we also agree that for certain things some would have a bigger say than others?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350227 I was thinking they would either head Domestic Policy making. Or Internal affairs sorting out those who are corrupt or disloyal and removing them.

AimBot
Group Admin

350229 Yes. The Magistrate who has more knowledge on a subject gets a large say in it... That still doesn't answer the question though... So, Applejack and Pinkie would be in charge of an Internal Affairs-esque system?

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350234 Yes since they would be the best ones to deal with that kind of thing, due to the reasons I said above. But they would still report things to the others so they can make decisions together although the two would have the biggest say regarding those decisions.

AimBot
Group Admin

350236 Alright... That makes sense now that we sorted it out...

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350234>>350236 So who wants to do the summery once we are done for the night? Just so everyone, especially AimBot, has their notes in proper order.

AimBot
Group Admin

350244 If no one else will, I guess I can... Would it make sense to make a thread about what has been canonically accepted?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350247 Yeah, that way if someone like Stryker wants to write a story they have all the facts. Although I think you should hold off until the Origin is much more firm.

AimBot
Group Admin

350254 Alright. I'll put it up once I get out the 'Birth' story.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350260 You know I didn't ever expect to have such an active role in world building.

AimBot
Group Admin

350264 Hell, I never expected to build a world... Not with other people at least.
Progress!

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350267 True, true. So much did we help firm up in the lore you've made so far?

AimBot
Group Admin

350272 Yes. everything is coming along perfectly.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350272>>350267 So who's writing up a notes doc for the political system? I could do it if no one else is.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350278 Okay, I will just act like that's the answer to the question I asked.

AimBot
Group Admin

350280.... What?

350279 We're still not sure on that. I said the exact same thing you said.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350284 Well, I'll type up a doc, then send you the link so you can review it.

AimBot
Group Admin

350286 Works for me. Thanks for being such a bro.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350284 Never mind, it actually did answer my question, just not in the way I was hoping. Also I probably shouldn't, I'm good at mental notes, not written or typed notes. Exact reason why I am not looking forward to college.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350286>>350288 I can't believe we have been at this for more then 3 hours. Am I the only one for which it felt like least then an hour?

AimBot
Group Admin

350301 Yeah... Time flies when you're making worlds, eh?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350302 :twilightblush: Yes, it seems so. Oh yeah I now have some 3D modeling programs, so I be trying those out over the next few days. So that ought to be interesting to see what I can do with those.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350307 Are you going to actually create this world??? :pinkiegasp:

AimBot
Group Admin

350307 That'll be fun. BronyRex says he's been searching for something of the sort, though he wasn't very specific about it... Anyhow, please continue to stay awesome.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350312 Well...........maybe someday. Before I would try that I would a ton of reference material and then 3 tons of experience and someone who knows what their talking about to talk to me while I try.
350314 Thank you, no one has ever really told me I am awesome before.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350322 Damn, if that ever came to fruition that would be SO AWESOME! :rainbowkiss:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350324 I guess we will see in a few years, I plan on going to Tech in the U.P. for college, and my cousin already told me their is plenty of snow to keep me indoors when I don't have somewhere to go. Then the only thing left is reference and a fellow brony who knows what their talking about to talk to while I try to make it.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350335 Huh, I just realized something. I think I'm the youngest one here. :rainbowderp:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350337 Your probably a year older then me as I graduate in 2014. that is unless you skipped a few grades.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350346 Oh, never mind then. I'm c/o 2013 but I'm a year younger than standard.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350357 So we're probably the same age then. It's nice to finally meet someone my own age in the fandom.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350362 Yup, it sure is. :twilightsmile:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350366 So where do you plan on going to college? Also it took us less then four hours to post almost 100 comments. :pinkiegasp:

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350370 I have no clue yet. I don't even know what I want to be. :ajsleepy:
You?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

350372 I know the feeling, I'm still not entirely sure what I want to be. But I do know that I want to go Michigan Tech in the U.P. One of my cousins went there. She got almost everything paid for by a big company. That includes tuition cost, and housing. She got to inspect a bridge that was being built using her designs, and had a very good job paying job waiting for her when she graduated. Plus it is only a few hours of a drive across to come visit my grandparents.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

350390 Damn! Your cousin is so lucky. Instant jealousy spawned here. :ajbemused:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 202