Followers of Discord 3,186 members · 2,749 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

So I was watching Discordant Harmony the other day, and it still is one of my favorite episodes of that season. I was so touched on what Fluttershy did to keep her friend alive and saying how she likes him for who he is. But then this thought popped into mind;

If it were any of the other Mane 6, would they have tried as hard, or would they just let Discord disappear?

I only ask cause one of my biggest pet peeves of the show was that the Mane 6, excluding Fluttershy, never treated Discord as a friend. They always saw him as either a villain or a nuisance. What makes this especially aggravating is that they forgave villains like Luna, Starlight, and Tempest like that, and treated them as friends. But not Discord. They only treated him well if they needed his power. It just made me so frustrated seeing the ELEMENTS OF HARMONY failing to use their elements whenever Discord was involved.

So I repeat, if any of the other Mane 6 was seeing Discord fade away, would they even care? Just some food for thought to the Discord fans

Twilight forgave him for betrayal so I think she would save him, Spike and Starlight would also try to save him as they are fond of him, as for the rest of them.

Pinkie Pie would not let him die.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity would at least want him to live so I think they’d help him.

About your pet peeve Discord is an asshole to the Mane 6 at times and as for forgiving Luna, Starlight, and Tempest I agree on Luna and Tempest but not on Starlight as she at least wanted to do good

Discord is an asshole, he has almost killer spike, big mac, yona, and betrayed them once even. He bullied starlight just because she wouldn't give him s job st the school of friendship. Luna is the princess, and celestias sister, they have to forgive her if Celestia forgives her. Starlight changed and hasn't almost murdered anyone. As for whether they'd let him die, I think they'd at least try to help him. I don't know if they'd go to the lengths that fluttershy went to though.

I still love how everyone glosses over how Discord literally DIES if he acts too normal.

The problem regarding Luna is that we never really knew if she was in control or was being controlled. It's something the writers of the show always left very vague and never truly answered that question.

But I agree about Tempest, she was very much in control of her actions.

Oh I think Luna was in control but I respect your opinion if you disagree.

I mean yeah, he's had his share of asshole moments, no denying that.

I would not say he tried to kill them, but yeah he did put the three of them in dangerous situations but I think he meant for them to live.

None of them would let him die. They may dislike him, but I don’t think any of them have the heart to let any sapient creature (if it’s avoidable since Sombra's and Storm King's deaths were unavoidable) die when they had the ability to save them. Hating someone and being willing for them to die don’t always go hand in hand for the most part.

That’s what I’ve been saying, as much as Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity dislike him they wouldn’t let him die.

Didn’t Starlight mind-rape her friends once for personal gain?

7469164 I'm pretty sure none of them would let Discord just die if they could help it. As much as they may hate how Discord acts (and let's face it, he often did a lot of things just to mess with the ponies) they're aren't cruel enough to let something really bad happen to him. I'm pretty sure they were all shocked in "The Beginning of the End" when they thought Discord had gotten hurt by Sombra.

She mind controlled them. Very different

And? ‘Mind control for personal gain’ is pretty shitty.

still better than discord.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15