Followers of Discord 3,184 members · 2,756 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

If the show writers decided to make Fluttercord officially canon, what would you guys think?

Do any of you think that the two would have the large enough potential to be a couple and if it could even work? Outside of their age and species differences?

With me, of course, I hope it doesn’t happen. One reason being because I don’t want to be seeing Fluttercord doing a victory dance over it. The other being because it would take away the purpose behind why Celestia assigned Discord to Fluttershy in the first place: to teach him about friendship and the values of having one.

What would you also think if, ironically enough, Fluttershy somehow developed a crush on Discord but he doesn’t return the feeling? In other words, viewing her as only his best friend?

Maybe reword that so it doesn't sound like you want people picking a side in a rivalry between you and another author?:applejackunsure:

Okay.

How about the rewording of not mentioning the specific author?

>Tfw fluttercord is NOT canon
>Tfw fluttershy and discord are just friends
>Tfw

I personally don't care either way. It's the fandom I'm worried about, we all know how much they care about their ships and OTPs.

Tbh seeing Discord and Celestia would be more believable than with Fluttershy. They both kinda have history together, they are both around the same age (mentally and physically, Discord may be immature but he has a weird way of showing his wiseness at times), and that's it. Like, with the whole 'history together' thing, it's easy to say that they might even have a more understanding of each other rather than just 'being friends and turning into more than friends through the seasons wowowowo'.

It's easy to believe Celestia and Discord having a good relationship (friend wise) off series. Like the episode where Celestia trusted Discord with the Tirek situation. She trusted him enough when even the girls had their doubts. Sure, Fluttershy was also kinda ok with the situation, but it was because she is "kindness" and is expected of her, not mentioning how she sees chances in all creatures big and small. Celestia however, it was not clear enough but it's hinted that she had other reasons. More than just trust, more than just being kind, she saw something in him no one else saw. She knew of his capabilities, hence why I say that they have a better understanding of each other.

Seeing Fluttershy develop feelings with Discord, ehhh she wouldn't be too showy of it. Cause, you know, being shy and all that. And if it did somehow show and like he noticed, I would understand why he wouldn't return. They have chemistry, but it's a best friend thing. Clearly people who canonly ship them never had a best friend in their life 😒 lol. Fluttershy only knows the surface of who he is. And the age difference, Discord is random and weird but obviously he knows limits and boundaries. Age difference can potentially be a big problem, and also the fact that he's immortal and, well, she's not. He's a realist, as he says and he accepts life for what it is. But we also know that he has different reactions to different things and taking in account, the day Fluttershy passes wouldn't be all that joyful. He usually takes in account all background of his choices and how it would affect him and his future. And on that line, his mental state would also be fit. Either that or he would just feel uncomfortable with someone less his age and understanding of his own background. To him it'll probably be just a silly puppy love crush. It's not real. It shouldn't be.

I can't see a relationship of Discord and Fluttershy working out. Not only because of age but because of background. I'm not saying I see Celestia and Discord fit enough to be canon, I'm just saying it'll be more believable.

Fluttercord is canon now unfortunately :(

I wouldn’t say that. It was actually left open for interpretation at the final episode.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9