Followers of Discord 3,184 members · 2,756 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

So some of you may or may not know of the flame war over who best princess was two days ago. It started with this post, and I was the one who did it. Don't believe me? Go check, I'm not lying. But I'm also not bragging or boasting either, and I never supported, let alone knew of it until the next day.
So yesterday I made a second thread saying how sorry I was, and I did feel pretty bad about it even though no one really blames me. I was the trigger, not the initiator. But after a while it got me thinking, I just cause a whole bunch of panic and arguing with one simple question. I just cause a great (well, maybe not so great) deal of unintentional chaos. I'm not a troll and certainly not a asshole, but as I reflected back on what I did, for once I couldn't feel more proud of myself in the distorted eyes of our great god Discord. Like the title suggests, 'What wrong with a little chaos?'

I'd say we have to make a difference between planned chaos and chaos that's caused by accident.

While chaos that happens by accident is something that never can be erased, and therefore it could be count as the action of a "cleaned" Discord, planned chaos is what truly lies in the spirit of an "evil" Discord. It requires you to know your environment for it, the people around you and their spirits. How do they react, how do they think, etc. Being called the "puppet master" means that you want to control the ponies in your environment, to influence them in ways that please you. Causing chaos by controlling, however, is a contradiction in terms or a lie, so hail the master. You have to be smart, fast thinking and you need good guts for your choice of words. You have to pull strings without giving the strings a chance to even exist, elseways, everyone would know about them. And you have to rip a world apart, without damaging it. Because the world is the biggest child of chaos, as the Principia Discordia teaches us.

Being a son of Discord is a quiet challenging thing, and declaring my theory as valid, I'd say your created chaod, as it was an accident, counts. Half.

Njya!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2