• Published 3rd May 2013
  • 1,780 Views, 19 Comments

Prophet, Prime, and Ponies - LTrainTheEpic



Two aliens fall from the sky and are followed by two great threats. Will Princess Twilight be able to befriend the aliens and stop the evil that they have brought with them?

  • ...
5
 19
 1,780

Backstories

Low Earth Orbit, 2047

Prophet's Perspective


As I hacked into Archangel’s systems, I positioned the machine to be pointing right at the stage three ceph. I activated the laser and watched as the giant space squid exploded into bursts of blue fire.

Eventually, the whole body exploded altogether and I was caught in the blast radius. The force was strong enough to send me around the world in a matter of minutes. By the time I came back around, the portal to the Ceph home world had somehow reversed it’s direction and began pulling me in. The thrusters on my nanosuit weren’t enough to pull me away and I went zooming into what I thought would be the Ceph’s home planet. Instead, I was forced somewhere else. The place I had landed appeared to be Earth but there were too many differences for it to be MY version of Earth.

First of all, this Earth was missing a dimension, making it look like something out of a cartoon (so was I for that matter.) Second, the green shapes of the land didn’t match those of the normal Earth. But all the same, I was barreling towards it at an extreme speed.

The moment I entered the planet’s atmosphere, my suit began to malfunction and caught fire. Random static was appearing in my vision from the nanosuit’s HUD and my skin was starting to hurt really bad. Behind the static, I could see obvious signs of civilization, and boy, were they obvious. I was staring straight at a small province colored with perfect mixtures of white, purple and gold; I was also speeding straight towards one of the buildings.

“OH SHIT!” I yelled to myself. Quickly, I pulled myself together and tried to engage maximum armor. My prayers were answered with the familiar mechanical voice of the nanosuit.

“Maximum Armor.” It said. Although I had heard it say those words a thousand times before, I was especially happy to hear them since they were likely to be the last thing that I would ever hear if I didn’t survive. However, fate was working in my favor tonight, as the last thing I heard before losing consciousness was a very loud crash with some screaming.

Meanwhile, in the Transformers universe.

Optimus’ Perspective

I flew as fast as I could towards the Decepticon Driller, readied my weapons, and opened fire. The Driller tried to grab at me with its tentacles but ended up succeeding with its mouth. As I flew head first into the Driller’s sharp teeth, something told me that the Driller didn’t intend on having me land in his mouth since he spit me back out only seconds after I had lodged myself in the throat.

I went soaring upward and stabilized myself with my engines. Just as I continued my flight back the Driller, it grabbed me by the leg and threw me against the building it was inside of. I fired my thrusters and soared straight towards its belly, cutting right through it with my sword. Once I exited through the top of the building, I was hit by one of Shockwave’s lasers, which sent me straight into the spacebridge beam. Upon being hit by the beam, I was forced into unconsciousness.

Canterlot Board of Education Meeting, 10:30 PM

Twilight’s Perspective

Before tonight, I thought that my life had already changed forever since my coronation. Silly me, I should know better than to think that. It all started last night during a board meeting. Ironically, we were discussing the pros and cons of letting our schools teach about the possibilities of alien life.

“What if the children take it the wrong way and think that we might get invaded?” argued one pony.

“Don’t loose your head,” responded another “Children aren’t that paranoid. Besides, most of them would probably like it. I know I would.”

“Everypony please, calm down.” I said when I was interrupted by a loud, masculine scream.

“OH SHIT!” the voice yelled.

“Hey, watch your-“ my sentence was cut off when the source of the voice crashed in through the ceiling. Once the dust had settled, a crater sat in the middle of the room holding a large, black figure with one red, oddly shaped eye.

“See? This is what I think the children would be afraid of.” Said the stallion from before.

One Hour Later…

I stood outside of the creature’s room in Canterlot Hospital, debating weather or not I should go in. What if it woke up and tried to hurt me? What if it spoke some alien language that I wouldn’t be able to translate? My head was spinning with questions about it. I decided to just go home and worry about it later. I had a busy schedule tonight, not to mention Cadence and Shining Armor had invited my friends and I the annual Crystal Ball tomorrow, and I couldn’t miss out on that.

“Your Majesty,” said the voice of one of the doctors. ”I think you ought to head home, visiting hours are almost over.”

“Just be sure that that…whatever it is doesn’t cause any trouble if it wakes up. You may want to keep it restrained.” I told him.

“As you wish princess.” He responded. He left to do other work.

“Perhaps I could look after him.” Said another, more familiar voice.

“Discord.” I said with excitement. I rarely saw him what with my royal duties.

“But why?” I asked, “You’re not even a doctor.”

“I’ve just been so bored lately, I’d like to make friends that I have something in common with. Like this thing for example, we’re both the only ones of our species on this planet and we enjoy causing trouble.”

“You’ve got me there.” I said “ Alright, but don’t go causing trouble with him until I get to meet him.” Finishing my sentence with a stern voice but happy look.

“Scout’s honor.” Discord said as he magically put on a Colt scout’s uniform.

And with that, I returned home to bed.

The next day, I went to Ponyville to gather up the girls for the Crystal Ball. It was nice seeing the old town every now and then. Being a princess is nice but it makes it difficult to see your friends very often. Speaking of friends, the first one I was greeted with was the ever, excited Pinkie Pie.

“Oh My Gosh, Twilight! It’s so good to see you; it feels like forever since we last got together with the girls, we all miss you so much, everypony in Ponyville misses you. What’s it like being a princess? Is it fun? Is it boring? Do you always have a lot of work? Do you know anything about that crash from last night? Are you okay? Did anypony get hurt?” She said in her usual speedy manner

“Pinkie calm down.” I said reassuringly. “Nopony was hurt in the meteor strike.”

“Oh did the meteor have anything cool? Did it have space rocks in it? Was it really an alien spaceship? Are the aliens okay? OOH I know, we can throw them a WELCOME PARTY!”

“PINKIE!” I yelled.

“Sorry” She said softly.

“I’ll admit, something cool did fall from the sky last night and whatever it is, it’s in good hooves. By the way, where are the rest of the girls?”

“Oh, Fluttershy is out playing with her forest friends, Applejack is working on the farm, Rarity is at the Carousel Boutique getting everyone’s dresses ready for the Crystal Ball, and Rainbow Dash is out cloud busting. They should be ready to go soon.”

“Good, it’ll be nice catching up with everyone.”

After all of the hellos, hugs, and long talks about what everypony has been up to, we headed for the train the Crystal Empire. Only a few minutes after departing, the girls (not surprisingly) began badgering me with questions about the meteor that hit Canterlot.

“So Twilight.” Pinkie Pie started. “What was the cool thing that you said fell from the sky last night?”

“I don’t think I should tell you guys.” I said, “I’m afraid it would worry you.”

“Aw, c’mon Twi,” Rainbow Dash begged, “We can take it.”

“Yes Darling,” Rarity chimed in, ”We’re all dying to know.”

“Alright fine.” I said.

“YAY! Story Time!” Pinkie yelled flipping into the air like a gymnast.

“It goes like this…” After finishing the story, everyone looked at me mouths agape and eyes wide. Again, not unexpected.

“That Discord better not try any funny business with that thing.” Applejack said with a stern look on her face.

“Oh, I’m sure they’ll be just fine.” Fluttershy said reassuring her.

“I don’t know, Discord still likes causing trouble even after his reformation.” AJ continued.

“He gave me his word that he wouldn’t do anything with the creature if it woke up before I could meet it.” I said.

“I’m just glad that this creature had some fashion sense,” said Rarity “The description of the armor it was wearing sounds fabulous. Black with silver linings and a red faceplate, that gives me an idea for a new fashion line.”

“Oh yeah?” Rainbow Dash said sternly, “what if this isn’t some kind of invasion plot huh? Have us suck up to his kind words and BOOM! All of Equestria nothing but rubble in a second.”

Fluttershy responded to this with a quick squeak and hiding under he seat. I looked at Rainbow Dash in frustration and she smiled back sheepishly. Before I could retaliate, the train stopped and we got off only to be greeted by Cadence and Shining Armor. I hugged Shining and Cadence and I did our usual sunshine, sunshine greeting.

“Are you guys all excited?” Cadence asked.

“You bet we are!” Pinkie responded.

Just then a massive, earth-shaking boom lowered our spirits.

“What was that?” Shining asked.

In just a few minutes, we were at the source of the boom. There was a massive crater with smoke billowing from it. As soon as the smoke cleared, the crater revealed a giant metal being at the bottom. It wasn’t wearing a mask this time and sported a flame paint job on its chest.

What is it with things falling from the sky all of a sudden? I thought.

“See, I told you it was an invasion.” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“I’m gonna need to throw a really big welcome party.” Pinkie said.

Author's Note:

Just to make things clear, I'm using the Optimus Prime from Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Not the HUB cartoon.