• Published 26th May 2013
  • 674 Views, 7 Comments

The Apple Family business. - flutterboom64



The Flim Flam brothers are back and smooth talking better that ever. After convincing Applejack to take the family business "to the next level" will being in charge cause greed and power to change Applejack for the worse?

  • ...
1
 7
 674

Return of the Salesponies.

It was afternoon on Sweet Apple Acres; the usual aroma of apples filled the air. The sun was setting over the hill, painting the sky in a beautiful reddish-orange color. Applejack and Big Macintosh were on top of their favorite hill on the farm, the only bare one for miles. Ever since they were young, Applejack and Big Macintosh loved that hill. They went up there every chance they got back then, and even though they didn’t have enough time to go there a lot, Applejack and Big Macintosh loved to lie down next to each other and chat, stare at the clouds, or really, anything they could think of whenever they got the chance. It was there for them when they were bored, when they were happy, or when they were sad. It's always been there. Apple Bloom always asked "Why do y'all love that there hill so much?" but they could never explain it. Apple Bloom has tried to go up there with them but always left shortly after. Today was another afternoon being spent on the hill, but today was one of the only times the hill was used for something other than fun, comfort, or relaxation.
"Big Mac, what are we gonna to do?" Applejack asked worriedly, pacing back and forth "We've never had such a low profit!" She was right, apple sales were way down in Ponyville this year. It didn't help that the family had missed Zap Apple season, or that they had to cancel cider season due to terrible weather.
"Eenope, we haven't little sis," agreed Big Macintosh, who looked much more relaxed than his younger sister.
"Aren't you concerned even a little?" Applejack snapped. "Don't you care about losing the farm? Y'all don't always have to put on a show you know? Trying to never react strongly to anything! We already know you're tough, there's no reason to try to prove it!" Applejack's eyes began to water.
"Sister you sure y'all right?" questioned Big Macintosh.
"O-of course Ah'm alright!" Applejack fibbed. "Ah'm sorry Ah snapped at ya." apologized Applejack. "I just have a lot on my mind."
"Well if you want to talk about it..." started Big Macintosh.
"No, It's alright. Listen Ah'm dog-tired, Ah'm heading to bed." said Applejack before trotting off without another word.
"That girl is as stubborn as a mule..." Thought Big Macintosh before lying down and watching the sun go down.

Applejack lay in her bed, staring at the ceiling. She was trying to sleep, but she just couldn't. The possibilities of what could happen bounced around in her head. "We could expand the apple farm, Apple Bloom can have the option to go to college, we can have money, and lots of it." Applejack didn't care much for money, but being one of the less-fortunate families in Ponyville wasn't exactly ideal. "But then again, I'll be working with them..." The faces of the two tall, yellow stallions popped into her head. "Ah know it's wrong to say, but ah hate Flim and Flam. They're bad ponies... but if we don't accept their help, we could lose the farm..."
"UGH!" Applejack grunted in frustration and slammed the back of her head into the pillow on her bed. The scenes from earlier this morning replayed in her head.

Applejack was working the fields like any normal morning. She spotted the elderly, gray mail pony carrying the mail over and trotted over to go retrieve her mail (the mailpony was always mixing up letters.) The old pony waved and moved slowly along the dirt road to continue his mail route when Applejack heard a familiar clanking sound. The sound grew louder and many various other sounds also became apparent. Applejack turned her head and saw a giant machine slowly drawing closer with every passing second. She instantly recognized it as memory of last year's cider season came flooding back to her. "They can NOT seriously be back. Ah swear if those ponies try anything..." The machine came to a sudden halt in front of Applejack and the noised ceased. Two tall, yellow stallions hopped off of the contraption known as "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" wearing their white shirts with blue stripes and black bow ties. The only way to tell either of them apart was from either their cutie marks, or the fact that one of them (Flam) has a moustache.
"Well lookie here brother of mine," started Flim.
"Why, it's the earth pony from before," finished Flam. Applejack gritted her teeth; the very sight of these ponies sent her into a blind rage.
"Well as you know Miss Apple, my brother and I here are referred to as business ponies..." Flim stated before looking towards his brother's direction.
"Good ones at that!" bragged Flam. "Now I know you're probably wondering..." Flam started.
"What are these two handsome ponies doing back here?" finished Flim. "Well, we have a proposition for you, one I'm sure you're going to like! We want to turn Sweet Apple Acres..." Flim said, before pausing for effect.
"into a company!" yelled the twins simultaneously.
Applejack stammered in disbelief. "A-a what?"
"A company!" Flam yelled once again. "You have apples, you need to sell them, and we can help you do just that!" explained Flam.
"We do just fine on our own," Applejack stated before turning around to walk back towards the farm.
"Well before you go, consider this. We aren't just trying to sell to Ponyville, no, no. We are trying to sell to all of Equestria! You'll be rich I say, RICH!" Flam stated before he and his brother hopped on their machine and drove off towards town.

"Is this the right decision?" Applejack wondered while lying down. Applejack racked her brain for answers and tried to stay up and figure this out, but sleep slowly overtook her, leaving her decision undecided until morning.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! Thanks so much for reading my story, I'm sorry about the short chapter, that's a bad habit of mine, I'll try to make chapter 2 longer and have it come out fairly soon! Any feedback or creative criticism you have will be greatly appreciated. I also want to say thank you to my proofreader.