• Published 12th Aug 2013
  • 2,706 Views, 97 Comments

The Amazing Spider-Man: Wrath of the Night - Themagicspoderman



"Milk: check, eggs: check, suit fixing materials: check... fighting off mass murdering armored woman with control over the night... I think I might have to wait... just a tad before I can cross this one off"

  • ...
8
 97
 2,706

Tensions rising

Spider-Man stuck to the small skylight of the penthouse where a Russian mob deal was supposed to be in progress. Spider-Man had decided that if he was unable to pursue the guys behind the Nightspawn attacks he would go after someone he knew something about. Aleksei Romanoff, the head of the Russian mob and also the one who had set up the attempted robbery several days earlier.
Since he had moved to Canterlot he had heard a lot about the Russian mob and it's connections to corrupted officials and people with names that held a lot of weight all the way up the chain and into Celestia's court but with many head mobsters he had covered his tracks well and was nearly untouchable by the police who were unable to launch a full case against him due to lack of evidence.
But as the city knew, Spider-Man didn't wait for warrants and greenlighting before going after a criminal. He used his webbing to cover the left side of the skylight completely before cocking back his fist and punching it. The glass would've normally shattered loudly and dropped to the floor, creating a loud mess, but due to the webbing coating it the window's shattering sound was muffled and reduced to a quiet crack and it was able to be lifted out in one piece.
He placed it beside him before climbing into the penthouse, staying on the ceiling as he surveyed the scene. He could hear muffled voices from behind a closed door with lights and shadows cast from underneath the crack in the bottom of the door. He checked the room quickly for alarms or anything that could trigger an alarm before crawling along the ceiling to the door.

"Great, I open this thing and I'll let everyone know I'm here" he thought to himself, looking around the room before he spotted an old-looking airduct "Bingo" He leaped up to the airduct and placed the tip of his finger on one of the bolts keeping the grate of the airduct on. He twisted his finger around and loosened the bolt enough, repeating the process with the other three before crawling inside the vent and webbing the vent cover back on, covering his tracks just in case. He crawled through the vent at a rapid pace and as he got closer to the meeting the voices became clearer.

"We went through a lot of trouble to get this old hunk of junk for you buddy" a thick Russian accent said, the voice echoing through the vent.

"And we appreciate your efforts Mr Romanoff, we are very grateful in your assistance to our cause" a familiar voice said "We'll make sure you are handsomely rewarded upon our Mother's claiming of the throne"

"Yeah, of course you will" the Russian chuckled "Have you got our sixteen mill?"

"Sixteen million!?" Spider-Man thought "What the hell are these guys selling, Celestia's lingerie?" Spider-Man made his way to the exit to the vent from where he could see the meeting going down. He saw the Russian mob boss sitting back in a leather, revolving chair. He wore a steel grey suit, matching his colors perfectly. His eyes were a hard blue color with his hair being slicked back. He saw a unicorn in a black suit with graying brown hair step forward with a large case of money, setting it down on the desk and stepping back. As the Russian stood up Spider-Man could see the colossal size of him for the first time, measuring just over six foot six and being about two hundred and fifty pounds of pure muscle.

"Yeah, I'm sure if he punched me in the face I'd get a bloody nose" Spider-Man shrugged "...While lying in a hospital bed that is" The Russian checked the case before nodding to his guards, large Russians who stepped out of the shadows with assault rifles.

"You really should've thought this through, you come here and ask me to hand over what you say is the most valuable item in existence and something you treasure with all your heart in exchange for a measly sixteen mill?" Romanoff asked with a smirk "And on top of that you came alone and unarmed?"

"Ah, I knew it was some kind of Celestia's underwear" Spider-Man nodded.

"Who said I was unarmed?" the man chuckled, clicking his fingers loudly and stepping back. Seemingly out of the woodwork three Nightspawn appeared behind each man, grabbing them from behind and disarming them with violent twists.

"What the hell?!" Romanoff exclaimed in fury "What are these freaks?"

"They are my hunters" the man chuckled, walking over to the desk and picking up the case of money and another black crate with a smile "But for you and your thugs, they're death" The Nightspawn raked their huge claws across the throats of the two guards, slitting through their jugulars and causing their blood to spill onto the carpet. When the third Nightspawn attempted to do the same Romanoff slammed his elbow into the monster's stomach to break it's hold before pivoting around on his heel and kicking it out of the window behind him.

"Hunters, destroy him!" the man yelled.

"That's my cue!" Spider-Man yelled, bursting from the vent and landing on the floor.

"You?!" the two men roared in fury.

"You know who I am?" Spider-Man asked, raising his hands to his face before giggling like an excited girl "Now I know just how Katie felt when John and Malcolm recognized her at the mall!"

"Nightspawn!" the man said through gritted teeth "Finish both of them!" Several more of the Nightspawn crawled out of the shadows and began to surround the other two while the older man began to make an exit.

"Oh no you don't!" Spider-Man yelled, using his webbing to snatch the black crate from the man's grip. As soon as his hands touched the crate all the Nightspawn looked at him with glowing red eyes and rotten snarls.

"Get that crate back!" the man yelled "If we lose that our plan is ruined!"

"Thanks for the tip pal!" Spider-Man grinned, attempting to jump out the window only to be grabbed by the ankle by Romanoff and thrown back into the building. He slammed into the wall and slammed his head against the painted bricks with a loud crack.

"Ooh, that's gonna leave a mark" Spider-Man groaned. He turned his head to see a large alarm box just above him, an idea forming in his head. He stood up and slammed his fist into the alarm box, the alarm triggering loudly.

"You idiot!" Romanoff yelled "Do you know what you've just done?!"

"I think I just called for backup" Spider-Man said, climbing back up to his feet.

"The only backup you're getting is a cement block!" Romanoff roared, lashing forward and throwing a punch for Spider-Man's head. Spider-Man leapt to the side and Romanoff's fist punched through several of the bricks, sending brick dust into the air.

"Whoa, can you imagine how much that would've hurt if you knew how to hit someone?" Spider-Man asked with a chuckle.

"Don't imagine, you'll find out soon!" Romanoff snarled as he swung wildly again. Spider-Man dodged out of the way of the punch only to be tackled to the floor by one of the Nightspawn. A large fist slammed into the side of his face, his jaw clicking loudly before another fist was slammed into his gut. The crate was grabbed off him by the Nightspawn which attempted to throw it back to the suited man.

"No you don't!" Romanoff yelled, slamming his knee into the stomach of the Nightspawn, several organs rupturing inside the Nightspawn from the impact. The monster keeled over with a screech of pain which was silenced instantly as Romanoff slammed his elbow into the back of it's neck and breaking it with a loud crack. The Nightspawn dropped dead to the floor, it's joints cracking as it landed in an awkward position. Romanoff grabbed the crate and began to yell into the cuff of his watch.

"You lazy asses get up here right now!" he roared, punching another Nightspawn to the floor as it leaped at him "We've got cops on their way and we need to leave!"

"You're not going anywhere with our Mother's treasure!" the grey haired man hissed with his eyes lighting up a luminous black "Give me back her gift!"

"Over my dead body freak show!" Romanoff yelled as he grabbed another Nightspawn by the throat and throwing it at the grey haired man. The man held his hand above his head for a brief second, a black glow coming from his fingertips, before bringing it down and slicing straight through the Nightspawn's body. The two pieces fell to the ground either side of him as he glared furiously at the two still fending off the Nightspawn.

"If you insist" he snarled, cracking his knuckles loudly.

"He just murdered one of his own guys" Spider-Man said with his hand out in a gesture of accusation "That's gotta affect his K/D ratio somehow!"

"What?" the two other men asked in complete confusion.

"What, I'm not the only one who plays Battlefield here am I?" Spider-Man asked. The three were silent for a long time before the two older men looked up at each other.

"We kill him first and then we can sort this out like men right?" Romanoff asked.

"Deal" the man nodded.

"Oh great" Spider-Man yelled. His speed was once again outmatched as a Nightspawn grabbed him form behind, pinning his arms down by his sides as Romanoff began to slam punches into his face and gut. The older man walked in front of Spider-Man and balled his fist, a large glowing black light around his hand.

"Say goodnight bug" he snarled.

"I think someone's at the door" Spider-Man said. The older man chuckled before he pulled back his arm, aiming the punch for Spider-Man's stomach. His attack was stalled as the door was kicked down and several armed SWAT members ran in. The distraction allowed Spider-Man to break free of Romanoff's grip, the attack slamming into the mobster's gut and sending him flying into a wall. Spider-Man grabbed hold of the older man's arm and twisted it around before pulling it over his shoulder. He grunted in pain as Spider-Man kicked the back of his knee and brought him down to his knees before putting his hand on his face and slamming the back of his head into the floor to knock him out cold. The SWAT team opened fire on the Nightspawn as they attempted to attack Spider-Man, their loud screeches blocking out the alarm.

"Clear!" a familiar voice yelled. Shining Armor dressed in SWAT gear rushed over to Spider-Man as he dropped to one knee.

"You OK kid?" Shining asked as he knelt down in front of him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Spider-Man lifted his mask up to his mouth, spitting out a large amount of blood onto the floor before taking a deep breath and nodding.

"Yeah... what exactly is Romanoff for him to be able to hit that hard?" Spider-Man asked as he pulled down his mask back over his mouth.

"They did something to him back in Russia, we don't know what but it made him a lot stronger than a normal man" Shining said "I'd say you're lucky he didn't snap you in half"

"Nah, I'm too fast for him to catch me" Spider-Man chuckled.

"Apparently not" Shining grinned, patting him on the shoulder and standing up "You might wanna get out of here before the brass tells us to arrest you"

"Yeah, thanks Captain" Spider-Man nodded.

"Thanks for helping us get this guy, this deal should put him behind bars for a long time" Shining said as he looked around.

"Hopefully" Spider-Man said as he turned around, giving a short salute to Shining before sprinting forward and leaping out of the shattered window and into the night air.



Peter opened the front door to his house and noticed that the lights were all off which meant that his aunt had gone to bed. It had just gone one in the morning as he closed the door and locked it behind him. He looked in the illuminated mirror where the key hooks were to see the extent of his injuries. The side of his right eye was badly cut and swollen, a large bruise running along the left side of his cheek and his lip was burst, swollen and bloody. The several cuts on his face were caked with dry blood which he would have to scrub off before he went to bed. He placed his keys on his hook and walked into the kitchen, going over to the sink and filling up a glass of cold water. He froze in mid-drink as the kitchen light clicked on, his spider-sense warning him of three people standing in the doorway to the kitchen itself.

"Peter" May's agitated voice said from the doorway "What time do you call this?"

"One in the morning" Peter said under his breath, finishing off his drink.

"Where the hell have you been?" she asked, remaining steady in her speech but Peter could tell she was angry with him.

"Out" was all he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"And what were you doing until one in the morning?" May asked as she began to lose her patience with Peter.

"Nothing" he said, giving another one word answer.

"Don't even bother lying to me Peter!" May snapped furiously "And how many times do I have to tell you to take your damn hood down in the house!" It was at this moment Peter lost his patience, an anger twitch in his hand causing him to shatter the glass in his hands with several small shards embedding themselves in his hand. Ignoring the pain in his hand he turned around and threw down his hood, revealing his injuries to the three gathered, seeing that Cadence and Star Sparkle were standing behind May. Their looks all became gazes of horror as they saw the condition of Peter's face but May quickly turned to anger.

"This, again?!" she demanded "I thought this had stopped months ago?!"

"Thought what had stopped?!" Peter yelled angrily "What did you think I'd been doing?!"

"I don't know and that's what scared me!" May growled, putting her face in her hands "You were out almost every night until this sort of hour doing who-knows-what, coming in looking like you'd just been attacked by a street gang!"

"Well what do you want me to do Aunt May!?" Peter asked, his emotions beginning to flare up "This is something that happens when I do what I have to!"

"And what is it that you have to do Peter?" May asked, almost in tears "I thought this had stopped after we left Manehattan, you'd been coming home late but you didn't look like this... I thought it was something Gwen had done while you were together to talk you out of your stupid decisions but you're doing it again and I don't even know why, what are you doing that is so dangerous that you won't talk to me about it?"

"Look, whatever it is you think I'm doing you're wrong" Peter growled, tensing his injured hand and causing blood to drip onto the floor "And since when did I have to start explaining myself to you?!"

"I'm your aunt Peter!" May exclaimed.

"But you're not my mom, so stop trying to be!" Peter yelled, his eyes beginning to sting. Peter pulled up his hood and walked past the other two, grabbing his keys and heading towards the door. May cut him off as he placed herself in front of the door, looking at him angrily.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asked

"Back out, I don't have to put up with this" Peter snarled "Don't bother coming after me, last time someone tried to calm me I lost an uncle and I don't want that to happen ever again"

"Is that what this is about?" May asked, placing her hand on Peter's cheek "I thought we got past this, what happened to Ben wasn't your fault Peter"

"It may not have been my fault" Peter growled as he grabbed the door handle and opening the door, forcing his aunt to move "But it's my responsibility to make sure it doesn't ever happen again"

"Is that why you're coming home like this?" May asked in disbelief "You're going out every night on some twisted vigilante mission... for God's sake Peter you're not a police officer, the law is none of your business, leave it to the police" Peter stared out into the black night for a long second before storming out and stuffing his hands in his pockets as he made ground away from the house.

"Peter!" May yelled. Star placed her hand on May's shoulder and sighed.

"Don't bother, I had the same thing with Shining at this age" she said softly "They all believe it's their job to protect the streets from all kinds of thugs, he'll learn soon enough"

"Or he'll get himself killed" May groaned, putting her head in her hands and sighing "I wish Ben had never given him that stupid piece of advice in the first place"

Author's Note:

Another late update (I'm sorry) in which some stuff goes down. I know the whole end scene might look like a rehash of the conflict from the first movie but I tried to make it as original as I could while taking inspiration from the first scene as well as making it a continuation to the argument. If you enjoyed a favorite would be appreciated and feel free to leave a comment telling me what you liked and didn't like (I normally respond to all of them quickly) and hopefully I'll see you in the next chapter.