• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 760 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Clony - therealfeedback



If everything were a lie, what would you do? Would you forget you saw anything, pretend that utopia really is perfect, and go on your way? Or would you fight an insurmountable foe, with nothing but your wits and your companions at your back?

  • ...
4
 33
 760

Act V, Chapter X

MY LITTLE CLONY

Chapter X, Act V
Escape

“So that's it? You just use us and kill us like that?” I asked.

“You are pawns after all. And you were good pawns. But like all pawns, once your usefulness is used up, you don't have any purpose anymore. You won't be missed, your replacements will make sure of that.”

“Oh, but Peggy, I want to play with them! It's no fun to throw out the toys!” Noble piped in.

“Again, that's the exact idiocy that Celestia would do, you idiot. And don't call me that!”

“Ideas like that are the reason why I'm the one in charge. I'm going to be smart about this, unlike you or 'Tia.”

“I'm going to kill them.” At that, his horn began glowing. As it did though, a voice boomed throughout the chamber.

“Don't you dare.” It shouted. A large, white alicorn stepped down in front of us. Celestia, broken leg healed and horn mended, stood between our six and the three Game Masters.

“Celestia? But-“ I started before she interrupted me.

“You may not have been my favorite ponies in Equestria, but at least you didn't backstab me.” As she spoke, her eyes narrowed. “These three did.”

“Really?” Arpeggio asked. “You're siding with the broken clones over the clones you underestimated.”

“You've got it backwards, Arpeggio. If I underestimated any of my creations, it was these six. And if any of them are broken, it's you three.”

“How trite. So what, now you agree with their whole 'free will' spiel? After a millennia of maintaining this, you change your mind because of the words of one hobbled horse rambling about freedom and choice when he's probably delirious from pain?”

“They healed me, Arpeggio. The two unicorns, who I believe just finished your healing magic class, healed my leg and my horn. Maybe I'm delirious from having my leg broken and my horn ripped off, and maybe I'm just pissed off from you talking about me like I was trash, but their free will, their decisions that we thought worthless, just saved my life. Maybe their words do have some credence."

"Even if they don't though, I'm probably not getting out of this - you know if that if I do, you're dead for using me. So you're not letting that happen. You can probably kill these six with a single thought, and I have to fight you either way. So, I can either accept your vision, lay down, and die, or unite with the enemy of my enemy, and let them survive, even if I wanted them dead a moment ago."

“Unbelievable. Absolutely ridiculous. Stand aside and let me kill them, you'll feel better.”

“Do. Not. Order me.” Celestia said defiantly.

“You want to fight?” Arpeggio asked. “Powerful as you might be, all three of us were made to be the greatest unicorns in the land. Starswirl's genetics were used to some degree in all of us. You can't best three of us at once. “

“Maybe not. But maybe I can hurt you. Maybe I can make you pay for what you did to me, and what you want to do. Maybe I can save these thorns in your side and let them grow bigger. And maybe I can kill one or two of you.”

“Go ahead and try. It'll be the last thing you do.”

“A fitting redemption.” At that, the princess turned to us. “Trixie, Vinyl, thank you for healing me. I cannot repay that debt. …Especially with what is likely to happen in a few moments. But know I am grateful for as long as my spirit will exist. Caesar, if time would allow it, I would recreate your foreleg, but that would take hours. We have precious minutes. Find a roboticist named Coppercog in Baltimare, he can create a quality synthetic replacement for you. All of you, know that while we may have battled during my life, and we may have wanted each other dead, that is no longer the case. I doubt you can forgive me, but hopefully saving your lives will give me some points in that direction. Wherever you go, know that my spirit will watch over you all, and you will carry with you my blessing, for as long as you fight these bastards.”

“Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some clone ass to kick.”

-----------------------------------------------

“But-“ Caesar started. Before he could finish, Celestia's horn glowed a bright purple. The six were engulfed in the light, and teleported away.

“Alright, with them gone, I will ask one last time. Will you listen to reason?”

“I have. It's telling me to get rid of you three.”

“Ooh! Snappy! I like it.” Noble said gleefully.

“Noble, shut up. Please.” Arpeggio said flatly. “If that is how you wish it. We may have our differences, but I must thank you for creating me, I suppose.”

“Don't praise me for a mistake.”

“You still feel I'm a mistake?”

“It's not a feeling, it's a fact. You want utopia just for utopia's sake. You want it because you see it as a challenge to solve. I wanted it because I actually cared for my subjects. I wanted it to save them from ever experiencing what the Crystal Empire suffered. The way you talked about every clone like your pawns…I only view the ones who betray me or threaten the harmony as something that needs to be disposed of. And I never enjoy doing it unless they outright oppose me. It's clear you feel otherwise. Think what you want, but you were and always will be my worst mistake. My greatest failure.”

“I suppose I'm not going to change your mind, after all, that'd require having you torture me first. At any rate, are you ready to die now?”

“No, but I accept it nonetheless, as you will have to as well.” At that, Celestia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. “Luna, Twilight, please forgive me. I was blind, and though I'm now paying the price for it, you both will end up doing so as well because of my sacrifice. I'm so sorry. I'm so very proud of you both, and I hope you find both a quick recovery from your grief, and truer sight than I possessed.”

“Now then, come at me, you synthetic sons of bitches.” At that, her horn began glowing brighter than before, the light reflecting throughout the chamber. The Alicorn charged at her three creations, who all charged in similar fashion.

-----------------------------------------------

“But-“ Before I could say anything else, a bright purple glow surrounded all of us. In an instant, we were no longer in the castle, but on a dirt road.

“W…Where are we?”

“It looks like we're a little ways outside of Baltimare.” The Doctor replied. “We should probably try and find that Coppercog fellow fast then.” The Doctor continued talking, but it was muffled words to me. It had taken almost all my energy to stay awake during the destruction of my foreleg and the pain after, and it took what was left to stand up on my remaining three hooves and speak to both Celestia and the real Game Masters. My vision was going blurry, I couldn't hear clearly, I had a horrible headache, and I was about ready to collapse by the time we were out.

And collapse I did.